This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lycaniz View Post
    okay, now you have made Tepet Fokuf regent twice, and i gotta ask, Why? why not mix it up this time with someone new? is there any twists coming this time? dont get me wrong, i like the idea of why fokuf is the regent. But he can be a bit hard to get 'personal' with, i would love for him to either have SOME skill or SOME ambition or screw something up.
    Don't fix it if it ain't broke. We've tried to give him a bit of depth and three-dimensionality, but he's pretty much the same guy.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
      Are artifacts like Zelator and Soulfarer phylacteries, or are they different from “sorcerous artifacts”?
      Sorcerous relics are specifically artifacts that can initiate you into sorcery, not just any artifact whose Evocations enhance your sorcery.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
        Don't fix it if it ain't broke. We've tried to give him a bit of depth and three-dimensionality, but he's pretty much the same guy.
        well that explains the Tya.. :P is the 'depth and dimensions' in the dragonblood book, the realm book, or another book (to the extent of what you know at the moment )

Comment

• Originally posted by lycaniz View Post
          well that explains the Tya.. :P is the 'depth and dimensions' in the dragonblood book, the realm book, or another book (to the extent of what you know at the moment )
          There's a sidebar focusing on Fokuf in The Realm.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Sorcerous relics are specifically artifacts that can initiate you into sorcery, not just any artifact whose Evocations enhance your sorcery.
            Is there any group in the game more likely than other groups to make phylacteries and use those to initiate themselves and their fellows into sorcery?

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• When you guys think of the Mask of Winters, what elements of his character do you think distinguish him from his fellow Deathlords? Kind of like how Eric has suggested his revamp for the Princess Magnificent focuses on how the Black Heron was one of the most feared assassins of the Old Realm, have you guys had ideas on how he's sort of a unique presence? Or what kinds of Charms he might inspire for the Abyssals?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post

Is there any group in the game more likely than other groups to make phylacteries and use those to initiate themselves and their fellows into sorcery?
                I don't think so.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

All-Encompassing Earth Sense is the Charm you'd want to use for that, ideally with Feeling the Dragon's Bones committed to negate its cost.
                  Really? Because AEES just detects hidden people while FtDB seems like it images everything, so I'd have thought it'd be better for "seeing" in general, even in combat.

Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                  It'd be unnecessary - when you use an elemental variant of a Charm, its aspect becomes that of the element you're using.
                  I asked this one poorly. I was trying to ask about possible versions of FtDB that use other elements as their basis and have a duration of Aura. I forgot that FtDB doesn't give AEES a duration of Aura, just negates it's cost.

Placeholder

Comment

• More archery questions.

Is the aim action needed to make a shot at medium+ range distinct from the one needed for Sky-Calming Draw? If not, if I’m in Air Aura, does that mean I can use Sky-Calming Draw to shoot people without aiming?

If I combo Drawing Lightning Style and Sky-Calming Draw, do I still have to spend an action aiming if I’m in Air aura?

Seven Year Swarm Volley sounds more like an extra action charm name to me, while Swallows Defend the Nest sounds ...well, defensive in nature. But their effects are the other way around. Can you explain the logic behind these names?

I’m a little confused why Arrow Rain Tempest is a Water charm sitting deep in a tree full of Wood charms. I’m assuming it’s because the charm is absurdly powerful, so making it amazingly difficult to set up is necessary, but is that the actual reason?

Placeholder

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
                      More archery questions.

Is the aim action needed to make a shot at medium+ range distinct from the one needed for Sky-Calming Draw? If not, if I’m in Air Aura, does that mean I can use Sky-Calming Draw to shoot people without aiming?
                      If a Charm wants you to aim, it provides its benefits in addition to whatever you're normally getting from aiming.

If I combo Drawing Lightning Style and Sky-Calming Draw, do I still have to spend an action aiming if I’m in Air aura?
                      Yeah, Drawing Lightning still wants you to aim separately.

Seven Year Swarm Volley sounds more like an extra action charm name to me, while Swallows Defend the Nest sounds ...well, defensive in nature. But their effects are the other way around. Can you explain the logic behind these names?
                      Hmm. Not too late to change that.

I’m a little confused why Arrow Rain Tempest is a Water charm sitting deep in a tree full of Wood charms. I’m assuming it’s because the charm is absurdly powerful, so making it amazingly difficult to set up is necessary, but is that the actual reason?
                      Because it makes it rain down arrows.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
                        Really? Because AEES just detects hidden people while FtDB seems like it images everything, so I'd have thought it'd be better for "seeing" in general, even in combat.
                        Feeling the Dragon's Bones is Simple/Instant. You'd have to use it, then wait until your next turn to act, and hope what you got is still reliable.

I asked this one poorly. I was trying to ask about possible versions of FtDB that use other elements as their basis and have a duration of Aura. I forgot that FtDB doesn't give AEES a duration of Aura, just negates it's cost.
                        Sure, that's possible.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Does Varangia include those huge lakes between Kirighast and Jiara?

Comment

• Would traditional vassal houses be represented by different bloodlines for Great House, or are there favored patrician houses, or is this concept just not represented in the Realm?

I'm thinking like the Xiahou's are to Cao, or Karstarks are to Starks.

Raksha are my fae-vorite.

Reincarnation of magnificentmomo.

Comment

Poison penalties only apply to rolled actions.
                              What penalties apply to static values?

I assumed all penalties were supposed to apply to both rolled actions and static values, when it makes sense, but after seeing this and rereading the section on penalties in the core, I'm not so sure. Are penalties only applied to static values when explicitly stated?

Comment

Poison penalties only apply to rolled actions.
                                If poison penalties only apply to rolled actions, why does the DB Resolve excellency let you ignore penalties to your Resolve from poison?

Some of me humble homebrew for ex3:
                                Artifacts for Crumple's DB homebrew
                                Some Lintha QCs
                                A Wyld Behemoth

Comment

Working...
                                X