Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask the Devs

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
    The motes spent on any Charm with a duration longer than Instant are committed. Willpower isn't.


    OMG my mind just blew up with this one

    tks

    Comment


    • ok, so since i just learned that mote spent on charm with duration are commited,

      does that mean that, if taken from personal motes and have a 5+ cost, they trigger a anima level that will stay there until the commitment is relenquised?
      or
      if 5+ they do trigger but it will fade normally back in time even if the motes are still commited.

      Comment


      • Going through Arms again, and taking a closer look (SO GOOD) and I do have one question.

        Many of Flying Silver Dream's charms allow it to use a variety of Solar Charms of it's own volition, Does the wielder need to know these charms?


        "Life before Death, Strength before Weakness, Journey before Destination."

        "I will protect those who cannot protect themselves"

        Comment


        • Dragon Blooded Lore Charm: Sagacious Elder’s Instruction
          What's the Prerequisite "Breath of Inspiration" ? An old name for "Opening the Mind's Gate"?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Marros56 View Post
            Going through Arms again, and taking a closer look (SO GOOD) and I do have one question.

            Many of Flying Silver Dream's charms allow it to use a variety of Solar Charms of it's own volition, Does the wielder need to know these charms?
            Nope! (Except for Eternal Moonsilver Champion's reference to "its wielder's Charms.")


            Developer for Exalted.

            Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Anaximander View Post
              Does Varangia include those huge lakes between Kirighast and Jiara?
              Nope. Urim, on the map, is one of the Varang city-states; they're nowhere near that lake region.


              Developer for Exalted.

              Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Sagara View Post
                Dragon Blooded Lore Charm: Sagacious Elder’s Instruction
                What's the Prerequisite "Breath of Inspiration" ? An old name for "Opening the Mind's Gate"?
                Yep, exactly. We'll fix that before the final release.


                Developer for Exalted

                Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                Robert Vance's Patreon

                Comment


                • Originally posted by devaking View Post
                  ok, so since i just learned that mote spent on charm with duration are commited,

                  does that mean that, if taken from personal motes and have a 5+ cost, they trigger a anima level that will stay there until the commitment is relenquised?
                  or
                  if 5+ they do trigger but it will fade normally back in time even if the motes are still commited.
                  The latter.


                  Developer for Exalted

                  Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                  Robert Vance's Patreon

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                    Poison penalties only apply to rolled actions.
                    Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                    I think I goofed that one up—poison should subtract straight from your static values, based on that rule.
                    What changed your mind? And, as nice as this thread is, can we get authoritative errata / rulings consolidated somewhere?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                      I think that'd make sense..
                      Would that logic reasonably extend to Solars as well? A quick check of the core shows they don’t have a banish/summon bow charm like they can melee weapons either (unless it’s the bow formed of their essence).
                      Last edited by glamourweaver; 04-17-2018, 06:54 PM.


                      Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Ketrus View Post
                        And, as nice as this thread is, can we get authoritative errata / rulings consolidated somewhere?
                        Here you go.


                        I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
                        I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Ketrus View Post
                          What changed your mind?
                          The section on poison penalties specifies that they subtract from actions, not static values.


                          Developer for Exalted

                          Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                          Robert Vance's Patreon

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

                            Would that logic reasonably extend to Solars as well? A quick check of the core shows they don’t have a banish/summon bow like they can melee weapons either (unless it’s the bow formed of their essence).
                            Yeah, a return of Summoning the Loyal Bow would be fine. Melee is not intended to be the queen of storing things elsewhere.


                            Developer for Exalted

                            Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                            Robert Vance's Patreon

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Ketrus View Post
                              And, as nice as this thread is, can we get authoritative errata / rulings consolidated somewhere?
                              It's worth noting that while Vance and I do the best we can to provide answers to folks' questions, nothing in this thread is official errata. We can indicate our personal preferences and understanding of the rules and setting, and suggest our intended directions for future books, but for better or worse, the published text is the published text. Our word on a message board isn't canon.


                              Developer for Exalted.

                              Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                              Comment


                              • Flowing God-Dragon Stance. Why is it the only Signature with Prerequisites?*

                                Weren’t Sigs supposed to be easy to acquire? I was under the impression that making them all 5;3 and Prerequisite: None was consistent across the board to reflect the fact that they are relatively easy to get access to, without any investment in the rest of the tree but with investment in the ability and with some post graduation XP under your belt.

                                *: Unless of course there are others that I missed as I’m yet to read like %50 of it, as I haven’t digested the whole Charms chapter yet.
                                Last edited by VX3; 04-17-2018, 09:04 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X