Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First: I am sad that only Earth Dragon Style is heavy armor now because it means I have to houserule the others to be viable for warstriders like some kind of elemental sentai team.

Second: What happens if I use the Sobriquet stunt-booster on a 3-die stunt?

Edit: Also, is Wood Dragon Style compatible with normal staves as well as bows-used-as-staves?
    Last edited by MorsRattus; 04-24-2018, 12:48 PM.

Comment

• How are Immaculate Martial Arts students chosen for specific Immaculate Martial Arts styles? Or do they choose it themselves? Will we ever get word-count dedicated to how this is chosen? I'd be very curious whether it's masters seek out students they think will do well with a certain style, or if students opt in to an appealing style, or if it's really so basic as "You're an Earth Aspect, you get Earth Dragon Style to start with".

I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
      I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

• I really like the Wood Dragon style using a bow as a staff thing, but it made me curious about artifact versions. Would a power bow have the statline of a wrackstaff or just a normal mundane staff?

Exalted Behind a Screen of Jade, Savant of the Immaculate Texts, Seeking Awakened, Cloaked Changeling, Disciple of the Antler Crown, Wraith, Good Sitting Dog, Best Lurking Cat with Bones, Pioneer Pooch, Scion with Shield of Knowledge

Comment

• Hey, Robert Vance, will the Gunzosha write up also come with a guide differentiating what makes First Age weapons and armour so much better than their mundane counterparts and why they're coveted? I get that from a narrative stand point, they're ancient relics combining the heights of crafting with miraculous sorceries and magical material, but if a four dot first age artefact has the same limits and power scale as a regular artefact of the same dot rating, then what are you spending your XP on in the sorcerous working to craft the thing? Will they be like mini Warstriders, with their own strength rating and needing a standard hearthstone to power and operate, or will they be more mundane?

Either way, I'm looking forward to the fact that they'll introduce new context to Exalted, showcasing what First Age Artefacts designed for personal combat look like.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nilihum View Post
            Hey, Robert Vance, will the Gunzosha write up also come with a guide differentiating what makes First Age weapons and armour so much better than their mundane counterparts and why they're coveted? I get that from a narrative stand point, they're ancient relics combining the heights of crafting with miraculous sorceries and magical material, but if a four dot first age artefact has the same limits and power scale as a regular artefact of the same dot rating, then what are you spending your XP on in the sorcerous working to craft the thing? Will they be like mini Warstriders, with their own strength rating and needing a standard hearthstone to power and operate, or will they be more mundane?

Either way, I'm looking forward to the fact that they'll introduce new context to Exalted, showcasing what First Age Artefacts designed for personal combat look like.
            This is covered by the First Age Artifice sidebar in Arms of the Chosen, p. 116. First Age Artifice gates off artifacts that should be largely unavailable in the Time of Tumult, even to the many master artificers of the Scarlet Realm. It isn't something you can use to ratchet up an artifact's power level.

Gunzosha armor is artifact armor that can be attuned and whose Evocations can be used to some extent by any mortal, and that's not something that should be reproducible en masse in the present day. So that quality is tied to First Age Artifice. Without First Age Artifice, you just can't make gunzosha armor, full stop; but that doesn't make its Evocations stronger than artifact armor made without First Age Artifice.

Developer for Exalted.

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Comment

• Originally posted by SamuraiMujuru View Post
              I really like the Wood Dragon style using a bow as a staff thing, but it made me curious about artifact versions. Would a power bow have the statline of a wrackstaff or just a normal mundane staff?
              It'd have artifact traits.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
                Based on Sun's Brush, do naginatas generally count as axes rather than spears (so grimcleavers rather than direlances if artifacts) - and thus would be incompatible with Golden Janissary?
                Sun's Brush is just a particularly naginata-ish grimcleaver, rather than a statement on naginatas generally.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by wern212 View Post
                  I love the new White Veil Style (that does not exist), but should the Kakute have the poisonable tag? Or is that tag only for ranged weapons?
                  At least, I'm assuming it would be able to work with poisons (as many of the not-existing charms work with poisons), is that correct?
                  The Poisonable tag only appears on Thrown weapons. Since I'm pretty sure that things like knives and arrows are supposed to be poisonable, I'd draw the inference that it's only for Thrown weapons.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                    Sun's Brush is just a particularly naginata-ish grimcleaver, rather than a statement on naginatas generally.
                    Cool, I was worried there wasn’t an appropriate Martial Arts style compatible with the most iconic weapon associated with “Sōhei”.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• I was delighted to see that Immaculate Master's can expend aura to ignore the terrestrial keyword for other MAs for one tick, but I was curious how does that interact with Single Point Style? Would you expend your aura when you have the potential to act a second time in a turn, or would you have to expend it during your first turn to allow the second?

Raksha are my fae-vorite.

Reincarnation of magnificentmomo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post
                        This is covered by the First Age Artifice sidebar in Arms of the Chosen, p. 116. First Age Artifice gates off artifacts that should be largely unavailable in the Time of Tumult, even to the many master artificers of the Scarlet Realm. It isn't something you can use to ratchet up an artifact's power level.

Gunzosha armor is artifact armor that can be attuned and whose Evocations can be used to some extent by any mortal, and that's not something that should be reproducible en masse in the present day. So that quality is tied to First Age Artifice. Without First Age Artifice, you just can't make gunzosha armor, full stop; but that doesn't make its Evocations stronger than artifact armor made without First Age Artifice.
                        Yes, it goes onto list examples such as warstriders, power armour, airships and "anything else the Storyteller feels is incompatible with the setting of the Time of Tumult." Is there any reason for an Exalt to covet gunzosha or other such power armours personally, or is Evocations for mortals its defining feature?

I don't men to come across as snide or dismissive if that's what's happening, but every other example of first age artifice in print, whether it's a clockwork bird, a siege weapon or a ship of some sort, it's always been an upgrade to its contemporary counterpart? Would a Twilight or Dawn not want one of these suits of armour for himself?
                        Last edited by Nilihum; 04-24-2018, 02:39 PM.

Comment

• A lot of artifacts in WFHW have
                          This Evocation awakens at no cost when attuned by a [Great House] scion.
                          Is this a social thing where by thinking themselves part of the house it works or is it a bloodline thing?
                          Has there ever been a 'Lost Egg' that picked up a weapon on a battlefield and got a surprise when they attuned it?
                          Have there been Dynasts who got an unpleasant surprise when they attuned the family weapon and didn't get the starter evocation?

Comment

• Will write ups of the Clans of Parsaad in the Heirs book include a heirloom artifact?

I did a lot of homebrew over here. PEACH.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sequal View Post
                              A lot of artifacts in WFHW have
                              Is this a social thing where by thinking themselves part of the house it works or is it a bloodline thing?
                              Has there ever been a 'Lost Egg' that picked up a weapon on a battlefield and got a surprise when they attuned it?
                              Have there been Dynasts who got an unpleasant surprise when they attuned the family weapon and didn't get the starter evocation?
                              In most cases, whether or not a Dragon-Blood is a scion of a given Great House, gens, or other Dragon-Blooded lineage is pretty much a no-brainer for the Storyteller to answer. In those edge cases where it isn't, I think that letting the Storyteller make choices generates a lot more narrative potential and drama than laying down an inflexible rule would.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Is a seduction attempt to convince someone to do something for you considered a persuasion attempt or an bargain action?

Comment

Working...
                                X