This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
    I could see it as a high-level upgrade. Dragon-Blooded get a lot of stuff that prey on 1s, both because that's a useful swingy mechanic and as a way to emphasize Solar magic that rerolls 1s, but that doesn't mean a more powerful Dragon-Blood might push the power of those effects.
    Thanks again for the replies!

Last question, unrelated, are the Signature charms one of many or are there only five per Ability (that is to say might we have more signature charms to look forward to in future publications/ do some terrestrials have different signature charms of the same aspect for the same ability). I ask because I’ve kind of been seeing them as unique inovations/ expressions of power that, while there is overlap, might surprise even other Dragonblooded with a similar skill set.

Comment

• So as I understand it: a Gods power is determined by the prayer they receive and their position/domain, while a Demon is what it is. In contrast an Elemental can grow, fade, and die, but if they live long enough and develop a personality then they can keep growing and become a dragon.

What happens if a Twilight has bound an elemental with her anima power and it grows to essence 4? I would think that for play balance reasons the answer would be "it can't while bound" or "it breaks free" rather than an elder Twilight with one dragon of each element as minions... And now I want that to have been the origins of Her Redness's throne from page 66...
      Last edited by Sequal; 04-26-2018, 12:00 AM.

Comment

• When a dragon-blood first gets to a bonfire level anima any other aura changes to match their aspect, but does any potential aura gained during their time at bonfire automatically change to match their aspect, or is it only the one time when they reach bonfire?

Raksha are my fae-vorite.

Reincarnation of magnificentmomo.

Comment

• Robert Vance First I want to thank you and your team from the bottom of my heart for WFHW, the preview is truly amazing! I did have a question though related to Mnemon’s Tie to her House. Are you guys using Authoritarian Pride in the patrimonial (matrimonial?) sense of the word? Or are you using authoritarian in this case to reflect more a pride of House Mnemon as a purely sub-national entity but without the extra warmth/affection that can be associated with the ideal matriarch in this case?

Comment

• What kind of aging rate do exalted have?
            That is to say, do they reach a certain age, stop for a few centuries/millennia and then go from ~30 to 100 in a few years or is it in ratio (And more specifically, how long are deebs able to have kids?)

Comment

• Hey guys,

i know this is probably not what you had in mind for this thread. But the KS page is giving me serious troubles and i can't get a message out, it seems. And I'd love to know the answers to these questions before the KS is over because i'd love to pledge.
              So i hope you'll consider this not too rude to post here.

I have some question for the DB KS.

1) What is in the ST Screen this time? If i have the one from the Core KS, is there anything different in this one (i know the art is different)?

2) Why is shipping to Switzerland 30$ if literally every other country in Europe is 20$ (even countries much farther towards Russia or in the north of Europe)? Can you correct that?

3) Why is the physical Pledge level with the DB companion a plus 15$ (125$ vs 110$) when in the PDF only levels the addition of the DB companion is only a plus 10$ (The Realm seems to be a constant plus 15$)? It's probably the same for all other physical pledges.

Best,
              EW

Comment

• Originally posted by MoroseMorgan View Post
                When a dragon-blood first gets to a bonfire level anima any other aura changes to match their aspect, but does any potential aura gained during their time at bonfire automatically change to match their aspect, or is it only the one time when they reach bonfire?
                No, that only happens in the instant you hit bonfire.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Ebon Wolf View Post
                  2) Why is shipping to Switzerland 30$ if literally every other country in Europe is 20$ (even countries much farther towards Russia or in the north of Europe)? Can you correct that?
                  Oh to have $30 shipping! Australia is $40. I've asked about this before, apparently the prices are based on what it previously cost to ship things there, and if they haven't had any backers from somewhere before they just estimate, which can lead to a lower cost than it would actually take due to lack of data. Still doesn't explain how Australia is $40, but it goes to show that comparisons aren't necessarily useful.

Now, since this is a thread for asking questions, and I haven't done that yet ...

I can't find any reference to Sha'a Oka's caste. Care to reveal? Full Moon seems the most obvious, but he also has strong themes of mysticism and trickery from what we've seen.

It seems that all beastfolk races aren't necessarily a result of Lunar squick this time around (a welcome change). Are they all from human stock, or are some of them unrelated (perhaps pre-human) races that happen to combine animal features with a basically humanoid body-plan? I suppose many people would consider the difference between feral Dragon Kings and beastfolk barbarians largely academic, come to think of it.

The latest monthly release talks about ships of the line and I'm even more confused than ever about what period(s) in Earth history should inform depictions of Creation's sailing technology. Most of the setting seems to be somewhere between the Bronze Age and the early Renaissance, with a light sprinkling of advanced wonders from a lost age. Is Creation just way more developed in naval technology than in most other areas, so that we can hand-wave pirate-movie tropes?

"Measure of Hope is right about everything." - Wise Old Guru

Currently running an Exalted 2.5 Abyssals game in a homebrew modern shard because I value neither my time or my sanity, and I'm loving almost every minute of it.

Comment

Customs and duties differ from nation to nation, though are more uniform in Euro-Zone and EU countries.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Originally posted by Measure of Hope View Post
                      I can't find any reference to Sha'a Oka's caste. Care to reveal? Full Moon seems the most obvious, but he also has strong themes of mysticism and trickery from what we've seen.
                      He's a Full Moon.

It seems that all beastfolk races aren't necessarily a result of Lunar squick this time around (a welcome change). Are they all from human stock, or are some of them unrelated (perhaps pre-human) races that happen to combine animal features with a basically humanoid body-plan? I suppose many people would consider the difference between feral Dragon Kings and beastfolk barbarians largely academic, come to think of it.
                      All beastfolk are human.

The latest monthly release talks about ships of the line and I'm even more confused than ever about what period(s) in Earth history should inform depictions of Creation's sailing technology. Most of the setting seems to be somewhere between the Bronze Age and the early Renaissance, with a light sprinkling of advanced wonders from a lost age. Is Creation just way more developed in naval technology than in most other areas, so that we can hand-wave pirate-movie tropes?
                      I'm gonna defer to Eric's setting expertise on this topic.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

1) What is in the ST Screen this time? If i have the one from the Core KS, is there anything different in this one (i know the art is different)?
                        We haven't nailed down the specifics yet, but we'd like to include some information that's specifically useful for Dragon-Blooded games.

3) Why is the physical Pledge level with the DB companion a plus 15$ (125$ vs 110$) when in the PDF only levels the addition of the DB companion is only a plus 10$ (The Realm seems to be a constant plus 15$)? It's probably the same for all other physical pledges.
                        I'm really not familiar at all with the publishing/production/shipping side of the logistics, I'm afraid.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Lion Hamster View Post
                          What kind of aging rate do exalted have?
                          That is to say, do they reach a certain age, stop for a few centuries/millennia and then go from ~30 to 100 in a few years or is it in ratio (And more specifically, how long are deebs able to have kids?)
                          Exalted remain in their physical prime into the last few decades of their maximum lifespan, whatever it may be, and don't suffer any age-related deterioration (including loss of fertility) until the final years of that.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Sequal View Post
                            So as I understand it: a Gods power is determined by the prayer they receive and their position/domain, while a Demon is what it is. In contrast an Elemental can grow, fade, and die, but if they live long enough and develop a personality then they can keep growing and become a dragon.

What happens if a Twilight has bound an elemental with her anima power and it grows to essence 4? I would think that for play balance reasons the answer would be "it can't while bound" or "it breaks free" rather than an elder Twilight with one dragon of each element as minions... And now I want that to have been the origins of Her Redness's throne from page 66...
                            I think the elemental would break free of the Twilight's binding, but a Storyteller might decide differently.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by JiveX View Post
                              Thanks again for the replies!

Last question, unrelated, are the Signature charms one of many or are there only five per Ability (that is to say might we have more signature charms to look forward to in future publications/ do some terrestrials have different signature charms of the same aspect for the same ability). I ask because I’ve kind of been seeing them as unique inovations/ expressions of power that, while there is overlap, might surprise even other Dragonblooded with a similar skill set.
                              I conceived of them as being only five per Ability, but individual Storytellers/homebrewers can freely diverge from that without breaking anything.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by rj.au View Post
                                A question about the combat positioning system: suppose Maria is in short range of Wei and in medium range of Xiuying. Would she be able to use a single move action to move to a position in medium range of Xiuying and short range of Wei, or would she need to first move to medium range from Wei with one move action and then into short range of Xiuying with another?
                                I'm not totally sure what you're asking. Generally speaking, it depends on how they're arranged in space. If they're in a straight line, M->W->X, a single move action would bring Maria one step closer toward both Wei and Xiuying. On the other hand, if Wei and Xiuying are each on opposite sides of Maria, moving towards one would move her away from the other.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X