Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask the Devs

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • So regarding GUnshoza armor. Until it comes out can you give out a few hints how you'd stat them? It looks like heavy armor, but is specifically mass produced and used to offer relativly bad stats. Given its an artifact designed for mrotals I could still see something like that being the case. Would you say heavy artifact armor (for mobility penalty etc) but with the soak and hardness of medium one would be fair?


    My Mage 2e Homebrew

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
      Will the Chapter 10 of the Dragon-Blood book really explain how those Charms will work, when chapter 6 already does that?
      It's for ease of reference, so the Storyteller doesn't have to keep flipping back and forth between the Charms chapter and the Quick Character write-up.


      Developer for Exalted.

      Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Flinty View Post
        So regarding GUnshoza armor. Until it comes out can you give out a few hints how you'd stat them? It looks like heavy armor, but is specifically mass produced and used to offer relativly bad stats. Given its an artifact designed for mrotals I could still see something like that being the case. Would you say heavy artifact armor (for mobility penalty etc) but with the soak and hardness of medium one would be fair?
        The current plan is that it'll be artifact armor with normal traits and Evocations. It's special because mortals can wear it and access its Evocations at great cost, but it serves as normal artifact armor for Exalted wearers.

        (This is, of course, subject to change; I'm only just starting to write the Heirs to the Shogunate outline.)


        Developer for Exalted.

        Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

        Comment


        • When Mnemon is said to often look to arrange marriages for her lovers, does that mean that she takes lovers from within her own House, or that she'll have lovers from other Houses whom she'll be looking to marry to one of her own descendents?


          I have approximate knowledge of many things.
          Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
          https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
            I don't believe there's a point where you stop being blood related.
            So, any Dynast can basically just walk into the palace and ignore all the security that the Empress set up? Because that was not my takeaway from that section.


            ....

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
              I'm not totally sure what you're asking. Generally speaking, it depends on how they're arranged in space. If they're in a straight line, M->W->X, a single move action would bring Maria one step closer toward both Wei and Xiuying. On the other hand, if Wei and Xiuying are each on opposite sides of Maria, moving towards one would move her away from the other.
              Maria is between Wei and Xiuying. Wei and Xiuying are in medium range of eachother. The question is whether Maria can move directly from W-s-M-m-X to W-m-M-s-X or has to move through W-m-M-m-X. I've been assuming that range bands followed a version of the triangle inequality with max in place of addition, so d(AC)≤max(d(AB),d(BC)). Is that not the case? The way you're describing it makes it sound like Maria could move from W-s-M-l-X to W-m-M-m-X, which I was assuming was impossible on the grounds that long range represented more than twice the physical distance medium range did so Maria's movement would be making Wei and Xiuying closer to each other.

              Comment


              • Okay, so Warstriders didn't happen. Fair enough. But it occurs to me. We've got Hundred Devils' Night Parade. We have Adversaries of the Righteous.

                Now, stay with me here... What about: Glorious Panapoly of the Gods? A monthly thing about Artifacts and Manses and... and maybe... Warstriders.

                Eh? Eh? It's a question because I'm asking for Vance and Minton's opinion of the idea. Yeah. That's the ticket

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                  Lunar Great Curse is still to be decided. I've got two competing ideas for it, and other devs or writers might have better ones.
                  Hey Vance, now that the Lunars are in their first draft, do you have anymore ideas for us on how a Lunars Great Curse works going forward?

                  Comment


                  • What's the oldest currently extant Great House? Ragara is her oldest remaining child (at least of political consequence), but the Scarlet Empress is still hundreds of years older than him and obviously had children before him. I would guess Tepet (since he had to have been her consort very early in Realm history), Iselsi, or Cynis (since I believe Eric has previously stated that they were probably founded by adopted children).

                    Comment


                    • So. The DB KS is over. Are you guys happy with how it went and the reception it's gotten?


                      ....

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Anaximander View Post
                        What's the oldest currently extant Great House? Ragara is her oldest remaining child (at least of political consequence), but the Scarlet Empress is still hundreds of years older than him and obviously had children before him. I would guess Tepet (since he had to have been her consort very early in Realm history), Iselsi, or Cynis (since I believe Eric has previously stated that they were probably founded by adopted children).
                        Iselsi, Peleps, and Tepet were all founded together as part of the first wave of Great Houses. House Ragara is the next-oldest of the currently extant houses, having been founded two-thirds of a century later.


                        Developer for Exalted.

                        Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
                          So. The DB KS is over. Are you guys happy with how it went and the reception it's gotten?
                          Yes, very!


                          Developer for Exalted.

                          Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Saipjas View Post

                            Hey Vance, now that the Lunars are in their first draft, do you have anymore ideas for us on how a Lunars Great Curse works going forward?
                            I'd prefer to keep that close to my chest for the time being, but I can tell you a bit of the behind the scenes story. I pitched the two ideas I had for the Lunar Great Curse to the writing team. One of the two was the unanimous favorite of everyone who responded; that's the one we went with.


                            Developer for Exalted

                            Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                            Robert Vance's Patreon

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Jetstream View Post
                              Okay, so Warstriders didn't happen. Fair enough. But it occurs to me. We've got Hundred Devils' Night Parade. We have Adversaries of the Righteous.

                              Now, stay with me here... What about: Glorious Panapoly of the Gods? A monthly thing about Artifacts and Manses and... and maybe... Warstriders.

                              Eh? Eh? It's a question because I'm asking for Vance and Minton's opinion of the idea. Yeah. That's the ticket
                              Right now, we've got a release schedule that's keeping all three of the Exalted devs busy.


                              Developer for Exalted

                              Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                              Robert Vance's Patreon

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by rj.au View Post
                                The question is whether Maria can move directly from W-s-M-m-X to W-m-M-s-X
                                She can.

                                I've been assuming that range bands followed a version of the triangle inequality with max in place of addition, so d(AC)≤max(d(AB),d(BC)).
                                Waaaaaay too much math for the range band system.


                                Developer for Exalted

                                Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                                Robert Vance's Patreon

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X