This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
    I'd prefer to keep that close to my chest for the time being, but I can tell you a bit of the behind the scenes story. I pitched the two ideas I had for the Lunar Great Curse to the writing team. One of the two was the unanimous favorite of everyone who responded; that's the one we went with.
    AWESOME! I am looking forward to it! While I’ve got you, about Mnemon’s defining tie. It uses the term Authoritarian Pride, now it may be my background in political science is making me over think this, but are you referring to like a patrimonial pride where the Head of the House assumes a familial, protective but autocratic type pride? Or something else?

Comment

Right now, we've got a release schedule that's keeping all three of the Exalted devs busy.
      I thought there were only two of you, who's the third dev?

.................................................. .................................
      end post

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post

So, any Dynast can basically just walk into the palace and ignore all the security that the Empress set up? Because that was not my takeaway from that section.
        Hell of a way to learn you're adopted, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by ObjectiveTwo View Post

I thought there were only two of you, who's the third dev?
          Meghan Fitzgerald, who's in charge of the monthly releases and has been an invaluable help to Eric and me on the other stuff.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• A question came up in the discord. The corebook states
            When your character activates a Charm or other power, you may spend from either pool, but you can only split the cost between them if you don’t have enough motes in your chosen pool to pay the full cost. Spending peripheral motes might cause your anima banner to flare (see below).
            Is that to mean you can only not split up the cost of individual charms? Or in other words, can I spend 4m for the Excellency from my peripheral pool and then enhance the roll with a 3m charm from personal motes?

Some of me humble homebrew for ex3:
            Artifacts for Crumple's DB homebrew
            Some Lintha QCs
            A Wyld Behemoth

Comment

• Originally posted by TDS View Post
              Or in other words, can I spend 4m for the Excellency from my peripheral pool and then enhance the roll with a 3m charm from personal motes?
              Yes. 10char

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Robert, I believe you said once that Lunar Exalted would have more Simple Charms than Solar Exalted, both to prevent over-combination of Charms and to give Lunars different combat approaches in the absence of Ability divisions.

Do you see Strength or Dexterity having more of these Simple Charms?

Might we see the return of Strength’s Bow-Bending Method, as the root of powerful and far-flying Archery attacks?

A sniping style which is contrasted by Dexterity’s “quantity over quality” Silver Waterfall Technique?

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• How large are the rivers of the Scavenger Lands? Namely the Yanaze, Rock, Grey, Rolling, etc... Are they on scale on the map? (dozens of miles across)
                  Or their representations on the map are exaggerated?

Comment

• I will ask again since I think it got lost in the progress of the thread. Do charms that reset your combat action (like Heaven Fury Smite) allow you to use a new simple charm as long as it fits the attack type as opposed to the charms that do not mention resetting you combat action like Lightning Strikes Twice?

Edit: Also would an evocation that allows the Solar to use Incarnated Fury Attack on targets, not in crash like (but at a higher evocation slot since it is a more powerful charm) Stormcaller does for Hungry Tiger Technique be appropriate for an orichalcum smashfist artifact or is it specific to the mechanics of Stormbringer?
                    Last edited by blackheartz; 04-27-2018, 10:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
                      Robert, I believe you said once that Lunar Exalted would have more Simple Charms than Solar Exalted, both to prevent over-combination of Charms and to give Lunars different combat approaches in the absence of Ability divisions.

Do you see Strength or Dexterity having more of these Simple Charms?
                      I don't think there's solid reasons for one to have more than the other.

Might we see the return of Strength’s Bow-Bending Method, as the root of powerful and far-flying Archery attacks?

A sniping style which is contrasted by Dexterity’s “quantity over quality” Silver Waterfall Technique?
                      Both Strength and Dexterity will have Charms that can enhance your bowmanship, but those particular Charms aren't guaranteed to return.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by blackheartz View Post
                        I will ask again since I think it got lost in the progress of the thread. Do charms that reset your combat action (like Heaven Fury Smite) allow you to use a new simple charm as long as it fits the attack type as opposed to the charms that do not mention resetting you combat action like Lightning Strikes Twice?
                        No, it only lets you take a new attack action.

Edit: Also would an evocation that allows the Solar to use Incarnated Fury Attack on targets, not in crash like (but at a higher evocation slot since it is a more powerful charm) Stormcaller does for Hungry Tiger Technique be appropriate for an orichalcum smashfist artifact or is it specific to the mechanics of Stormbringer?
                        The massive withering damage output and guaranteed hit of Incarnated Fury Attack are only balanced by the fact that you have to use it on someone already in crash. I'm not sure it'd be possible to balance it without that requirement; maybe as a highly conditional, once per story power.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• If I could get you guys a pizza each…

1) Would you like that?

2) What would you want on it?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                            If I could get you guys a pizza each…

1) Would you like that?

2) What would you want on it?
                            Relatedly, where in Creation would one go for pizza? Is there an existing culture in Exalted canon that has pizza? Which region is most likely to develop pizza or a similar dish, based on climate and available resources?

"Measure of Hope is right about everything." - Wise Old Guru

Currently running an Exalted 2.5 Abyssals game in a homebrew modern shard because I value neither my time or my sanity, and I'm loving almost every minute of it.

Comment

• Questions about gods in Ex3:
                              *You've stated previously that gods do not gain power from worship, they gain power from their posting in the Celestial Bureaucracy. Additionally, I think you've said mortal belief/worship does not affect the nature of a god. What do gods get out of worship? I love stories about prayer-bribery and prayer-extortion, but I'm unsure why gods are driven to this behavior.
                              *How would centuries of imprisonment affect a god?
                              *Do gods lose power if they're removed from their position? What level of power in inherent to the god?

Thanks for taking the time to answer all the questions here! I'm very excited about seeing the DB project go forward and looking forward to everything that's coming next!

Check out my RPG podcast: The Story Told
                              Follow my ongoing Exalted Campaign: An Imperfect Circle

Comment

That bit of Sky-Calming Draw is sorta funky, and I need to revise it.

I was recently presented with an alternate reading of this charm. Is the wording of the charm that it enhances an "attack" as opposed to the weapon itself significat? So would that mean that if I aim once at long range, and use this charm, I would get the Aim bonus instead of my initial aim only being used to allow me to attack from Long? Thus, the aura effect would then allow me to attack from long without having to aim at all?

Raksha are my fae-vorite.

Reincarnation of magnificentmomo.

Comment

Working...
                                X