This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LDDM84 View Post
    How large are the rivers of the Scavenger Lands? Namely the Yanaze, Rock, Grey, Rolling, etc... Are they on scale on the map? (dozens of miles across)
    Or their representations on the map are exaggerated?
    They are not to scale.

Developer for Exalted.

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Comment

• I dont get how im suposed to use the sorcerous motes granted by the sorcery initiations. When i compare the amount of motes that i get, the frecuency with which i get them vs the amount of motes that a spell needs, i cant see how those motes would be useful.

Comment

• Originally posted by ale137 View Post
        I dont get how im suposed to use the sorcerous motes granted by the sorcery initiations. When i compare the amount of motes that i get, the frecuency with which i get them vs the amount of motes that a spell needs, i cant see how those motes would be useful.
        The idea is that you use them together with sorcerous motes collected with shaping actions, when you don't quite roll high enough to cast the spell now, but you need to.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Question about terminology in WFHW:

The section of definitions at the start of the text says
          Dynast: A Dragon-Blood who belongs to one of the Great Houses of the Scarlet Dynasty.
          But then when we get to the section on childhood, it refers to all children of the Great Houses as Dynasts, even before they exalt. Also what about children who grow to be adults and don't exalt? I believe they are still considered part of the House and are still married off to make alliances and strong bloodlines, but are they still Dynasts?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sequal View Post
            Question about terminology in WFHW:

The section of definitions at the start of the text says

But then when we get to the section on childhood, it refers to all children of the Great Houses as Dynasts, even before they exalt. Also what about children who grow to be adults and don't exalt? I believe they are still considered part of the House and are still married off to make alliances and strong bloodlines, but are they still Dynasts?
            The glossary entry is in error; the childhood section is correct, with un-Exalted members of the Great Houses also being classified as Dynasts. Thanks for catching that! We'll fix it during layout.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Will SMA be overwhelmingly practiced both unarmed and unarmoured, or do will you be able to pick up a weapon and be able to combine two tiers of MA and Evocations?

Do you've any weapons that you'd like to include in an MA style?Wrackstaffs are pretty iconic in martial arts influenced media, but I don't recall it being used too much; tonfa, likewise.

Comment

• I would really like to know more about Sublime Armigers. Will they be covered in supplements (i.e. Heirs to the Shogunate) or are they meant to be a more nebulous font of inspiration for STs?
                Can they devote themselves to an ancestor's Sorcerous Artifact (like the Talisman of 10k eyes) or is that kind of thing looked down upon (either because To10kE isn't "legendary enough" or because sorcerers are yucky)?
                Could a Prasadi DB learn to be a Sublime Armiger if they studied at the appropriate school (and married into Tepet if needed)?
                Could that school be the Heptagram?

Bearer of the legacy of Trauma Bear
                Need a dice-roller? Check out Dicemat.

Comment

• In the dev diary about dragon blooded charms, Vance you wrote about a wu xing style generating cycle. Are we likely to see a more in depth discussion of elemental theory in Creation at some point? Alternately, is there an older source you particularly favor? Exalted's hybrid elements have always been a bit cognitively dissonant for me, and I'd love to try and get a better feel for them.

I realize there's information out there, reading the associations of the types of Jade, or the Aspect spreads in the WFHW preview. But I just... have trouble working them into a cohesive whole.
                  Last edited by Maltry; 04-27-2018, 05:49 PM.

Comment

• Seeing the pizza question, made me realize:

Are you guys having an after-KS party to celebrate the success? Like a restaurant? Or a true office party with drinks? Or anything?
                    I mean, professionalism and all that, but people do need to unwind and celebrate a job well done, right?

Comment

• First Age Artifice is effectively a way to break or at least bend setting rules and assumptions, right? That’s why it acts as a gateway to things that would break or change the setting if they were more available.

So, could a First Age artifact allow a Dragon-Blood to circumvent some of the rules of Aura? Such as offering an alternative path to enter an Aura?

Or to spend Aura to access Mastery effects with a particular Martial Arts Style (the one the artifact is design to work with), even before the Immaculate Martial Arts has been invented?

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Originally posted by Zardoz View Post
                        The Aughdeighe's Hold Fast does (1+rounds stuck) damage if you succesfully use a pry-yourself-off gambit. Is this levels or dice?
                        Dice; Hardness is compared to damage dice pools.

Originally posted by Zardoz View Post
                        Hold Fast has a duration of Instant, and the only way given to end the effect is a difficulty 3 gambit that does (1+rounds stuck) damage to you. I assume either party dying ends the effect as well? Is it sufficient to knock-out the Aughdeighe to end the effect? Can the Aughdeighe conciously end the effect?
                        No, it's essentially a walking environmental hazard. So once you're stuck, you're stuck until you pry yourself free, unless your ST rules that another relevant action does the trick. Like if you decide to chop off the hand that's stuck rather than face the gambit, I'd rule that would automatically end the effect (and count as a crippling injury); or your buddy could perform a feat of strength to pull you free, which I'd rule would end the effect (but still inflict the gambit's damage anyway). If you die, it's really up to your ST what happens. Knocking out or killing the horse doesn't do anything, it's already frozen your hand (or whatever) to it with magical ice. Even if it's dead, it's still basically a pole you licked.

Meghan Fitzgerald | Onyx Path freelance writer & developer
                        Changeling: The Lost 2e developer

Comment

• Is the Chosen of Ash supposed to be in this month's Adversaries, or should we expect her in the Exigent book?

I did a lot of homebrew over here. PEACH.

Comment

• Hi, I opened a thread to notify that I have just finished translating all the solar charms in Italian.
                            Could you be so kind to tell me if the PDF is shareable in any way?

Here is the link to my post:
                            http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...an-translation

Comment

• Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
                              Is the Chosen of Ash supposed to be in this month's Adversaries, or should we expect her in the Exigent book?
                              She'll be in an upcoming Adversaries entry; I think it's for this month but don't know for sure.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sagara View Post
                                Seeing the pizza question, made me realize:

Are you guys having an after-KS party to celebrate the success? Like a restaurant? Or a true office party with drinks? Or anything?
                                I mean, professionalism and all that, but people do need to unwind and celebrate a job well done, right?
                                We don't live anywhere near each other, so that's not really possible.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

Working...
                                X