Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask the Devs

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Sticks View Post
    I guess what I am asking is: should offensive/defensive weapon breaking and especially artifact disabling be viewed as an exclusive perk of being an Earth-aspected Immaculate, or are there other ways to achieve the same effect with a character built around the same concept, and if so what would it take? Kinda don’t want to go out of my way finding an immaculate willing to train my Zenith and spend dozens of Solar XP just to justify my character’s original concept.
    I think native Solar Charms could produce that effect.


    Developer for Exalted

    Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

    Robert Vance's Patreon

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
      I think native Solar Charms could produce that effect.
      So are you saying that, for instance, shattering palm or a similar charm could be used to duplicate the effects of the immaculate weapon-break charms?

      Edit: Also, thank you for the prompt reply, no matter the response. It’s so gratifying to know how involved ya’ll are with the community, and that you are willing to say ‘no’ to us if we ask for excessive things.
      Last edited by Sticks; 04-28-2018, 10:42 AM.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
        Dematerialized beings:
        • Can't be perceived by materialized beings
        • Can perceive both materialized and dematerialized beings
        • Can't physically interact with anything materialized
        • Can physically interact with anything dematerialized
        My understanding of being dematerialized has been that, per the name, it's the state of not having (or at least not being in!) a physical body; that it's not so much a matter of "phasing through stuff," Shadowcat-style, so much as, well, how is a wall going to stop you when there's no you for it to stop?

        That, to me, always justified the heavy cost of Materialize/Dematerialize: the user wasn't just flipping a switch between tangible and intangible, they were creating a body whole-cloth/dissolving said body back into patterns of Essence.

        Does that fit with the picture in your head, or is it all wrong?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Sticks View Post

          So are you saying that, for instance, shattering palm or a similar charm could be used to duplicate the effects of the immaculate weapon-break charms?
          It'd probably need to be a higher-Essence upgrade building off it.


          Developer for Exalted

          Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

          Robert Vance's Patreon

          Comment


          • Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
            My understanding of being dematerialized has been that, per the name, it's the state of not having (or at least not being in!) a physical body; that it's not so much a matter of "phasing through stuff," Shadowcat-style, so much as, well, how is a wall going to stop you when there's no you for it to stop?

            That, to me, always justified the heavy cost of Materialize/Dematerialize: the user wasn't just flipping a switch between tangible and intangible, they were creating a body whole-cloth/dissolving said body back into patterns of Essence.

            Does that fit with the picture in your head, or is it all wrong?
            Not entirely, but I don't think your vision of it is incompatible with how dematerialization works mechanically.


            Developer for Exalted

            Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

            Robert Vance's Patreon

            Comment


            • Does the organization called the Wyld Hunt still exist, or are Wyld Hunts just a thing that Dragon-Blooded do now?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by VioletDreamer View Post
                Does the organization called the Wyld Hunt still exist, or are Wyld Hunts just a thing that Dragon-Blooded do now?
                Wyd Hunt is still there, DBs happily hunting Anathema and punishing bad spirits.


                .

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                  Dematerialized beings:
                  • Can't be perceived by materialized beings
                  • Can perceive both materialized and dematerialized beings
                  • Can't physically interact with anything materialized
                  • Can physically interact with anything dematerialized
                  As always, this raises questions about what the immaterial world looks like. What sort of immaterial environment must immaterial beings interact with? Do immaterial spirits face any natural obstructions -- walls, chasms, hazards -- that they cannot cross?

                  If they can perceive material things, is that because there is nothing in the immaterial world to block their sight? Or does it mean they must ignore their immaterial world to focus on the material one, and they can only observe one at a time?


                  They can move through material walls, but can they see through them?


                  If the immaterial world is a featureless blank overlaid on Creation, that's fine.

                  But if it's more interesting and complicated than that, it should be detailed somewhere.
                  Last edited by Sunder the Gold; 04-28-2018, 11:22 AM.


                  Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

                  My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by VioletDreamer View Post
                    Does the organization called the Wyld Hunt still exist, or are Wyld Hunts just a thing that Dragon-Blooded do now?
                    The Immaculate Order provides organizational and logistical support to Wyld Hunts, but is not itself Wyld-Hunt-as-organization.


                    Developer for Exalted.

                    Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                    Comment


                    • As it wasn’t Meru or the current Imperial City, will the Realm book touch on where the Shogunate was capitaled? Does any current Great House hold an old Shogun’s palace manse?


                      Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
                        As it wasn’t Meru or the current Imperial City, will the Realm book touch on where the Shogunate was capitaled? Does any current Great House hold an old Shogun’s palace manse?
                        Different shoguns and Shogunate dynasties maintained different capitals. One of them, Karashelen, was renamed Lord's Crossing after its conquest by the Empress in the Realm's earliest days. (Alas, she razed the shogun's palace.)


                        Developer for Exalted.

                        Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                        Comment


                        • So how large are hearthstones?

                          When I think of socketing them into weapons, I tend to visualize them as fist or egg sized like FF7 Materia, Then when I look at hearthstone amulets that are actually tiaras and such, that seems rather awkward and I start thinking of them as thumbnail sized gems.

                          Is there any rule of thumb on this? (Pun not intended)

                          Comment


                          • How does it look when a White Veil practitioner fights? The charms describe how it kills in secret, but if you are a mortal or have to fight your way out of the gala, what kind of moves do you use?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                              Yeah. All anima powers count as being your Aspect.
                              Hm. Does this include the 1m "minor elemental manipulation" universal anima power?


                              "Won't you believe in him? Even if there is no God, or Buddha...there is still Kamen Rider." —Taki Kazuya, Kamen Rider SPIRITS

                              Now...count up all your sins.

                              Comment


                              • So, I've been talking with my group about Warstriders, mainly about whether or not Hauberk Summoning Gesture (for Solars) or Elemental Aegis (for Dragonblooded) work on Warstriders or not. Certain charms that apply to armor, like Whirlwind Armor-Donning Prana, are mentioned to work with Warstriders, and in a lot of ways Warstriders kind of resemble armor (albeit with lots of extra boons). So, do HSG and EA apply to Warstriders too? Can I jump in a bonfire and climb out in a red jade warstrider?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X