Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you, as usual, for a prompt and clear response!

I do have a follow-up regarding Anima powers: am I correct in seeing that they lack the Balanced Keyword? I find it surprising that spending 1m to check the locations of your Sworn Kinship could break your Aura.

"For me, there's no fundamental conflict between really loving something and also seeing it as very profoundly flawed." -- Jay Eddidin

Comment

• Originally posted by Siegemonkeys View Post
      So, I've been talking with my group about Warstriders, mainly about whether or not Hauberk Summoning Gesture (for Solars) or Elemental Aegis (for Dragonblooded) work on Warstriders or not. Certain charms that apply to armor, like Whirlwind Armor-Donning Prana, are mentioned to work with Warstriders, and in a lot of ways Warstriders kind of resemble armor (albeit with lots of extra boons). So, do HSG and EA apply to Warstriders too? Can I jump in a bonfire and climb out in a red jade warstrider?
      This has come up before.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elfive View Post
        Ah, so it has! My bad then, thanks for pointing that out.

Comment

• Do you have any thoughts on whether a character with the Wyld Mutations/Beastman-traits making them a centaur/centaur-like should be able to apply certain Ride Charm effects to themselves without a separate mount? I see the obvious logic of "no, that's Athletics", but certain travel-speed, stampede, etc effects seem like they should be viable.

Or would it be better to reskin those specific effects into their Exatled-type Athletics tree, and thus circumvent the various inapplicable Ride Charms?
          Last edited by glamourweaver; 04-28-2018, 04:06 PM.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Originally posted by Sequal View Post
            So how large are hearthstones?

When I think of socketing them into weapons, I tend to visualize them as fist or egg sized like FF7 Materia, Then when I look at hearthstone amulets that are actually tiaras and such, that seems rather awkward and I start thinking of them as thumbnail sized gems.

Is there any rule of thumb on this? (Pun not intended)
            I tend to think of them as in the egg-to-fist-sized range, though this feels like something you can adjust to the desires of your table. Having them change size to fit their socket might also work? Maybe we'll elaborate on hearthstone sizes when we get around to Towers of the Mighty.

Developer for Exalted.

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Comment

• Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
              Do you have any thoughts on whether a character with the Wyld Mutations/Beastman-traits making them a centaur/centaur-like should be able to apply certain Ride Charm effects to themselves without a separate mount?
              I'd say nah.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Chejop Kejak View Post
                Thank you, as usual, for a prompt and clear response!

I do have a follow-up regarding Anima powers: am I correct in seeing that they lack the Balanced Keyword? I find it surprising that spending 1m to check the locations of your Sworn Kinship could break your Aura.
                Correct. 10char

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Thank you for the Caul. Looking forward to reading more about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                    "Make a tree" doesn't really fit the logic of Archery.
                    Now I want a Charm that grows your arrows into full sized trees in flight. I'm just contrary that way.

A Clutch of Dragons: First Draft pdf

Comment

• Where would you put something that interferes with the category of 'thaumaturge/not thaumaturge' in terms of sorcerous workings? IE, anything from 'give this one person thaumaturgy' up to 'make a lineage where every first daughter of a first daughter is a thaumaturge'.

Comment

• In the Dragon-blooded Craft Charms, does the repurchase for Strike the Dragon-Anvil double both eights and nines for the higher cost? If not, can you activate both versions together?

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post

I tend to think of them as in the egg-to-fist-sized range, though this feels like something you can adjust to the desires of your table. Having them change size to fit their socket might also work? Maybe we'll elaborate on hearthstone sizes when we get around to Towers of the Mighty.
                          ​I often imagined that it was the slots that would alter size and shape to accommodate the hearthstones.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                          Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                          https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• From White Veil style, does the Soak/ Hardness from Blithe Unruffled Plumage stack with those granted by the Silken Armor Artifact?

Comment

• Originally posted by MysticTemplar View Post
                              In the Dragon-blooded Craft Charms, does the repurchase for Strike the Dragon-Anvil double both eights and nines for the higher cost? If not, can you activate both versions together?
                              Double Xs always doubles higher numbers as well, under the base rules of the game (page 183 of the corebook).

Infernals - To Rule in Hell
                              Simple Solar > Abyssal conversion rules
                              3e Dragon Kings
                              My martial arts

Comment

• Originally posted by prototype00 View Post
                                From White Veil style, does the Soak/ Hardness from Blithe Unruffled Plumage stack with those granted by the Silken Armor Artifact?
                                Yep. 10char

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X