This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PlotVitalNPC View Post
    Where would you put something that interferes with the category of 'thaumaturge/not thaumaturge' in terms of sorcerous workings? IE, anything from 'give this one person thaumaturgy' up to 'make a lineage where every first daughter of a first daughter is a thaumaturge'.
    I think that's something that's going to vary with the role the Storyteller wants thaumaturgy to play in the setting.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• So far, we've seen that Solars can pretty effortlessly reroll 1s on rolls, while all DB charms are carefully constructed to never let you reroll 1s. My question is, is rerolling 1s a Solar only design space, or just a non-DB one? Or in other words, can Sids or Lunars get effects that allow them to protect their 1s by rerolls or the like? Or are they as vulnerable as DBs to Solar 1 exploiting magic?

Some of me humble homebrew for ex3:
      Artifacts for Crumple's DB homebrew
      Some Lintha QCs
      A Wyld Behemoth

Comment

• How does it look when a White Veil practitioner fights? The charms describe how it kills unnoticed, but if you are a mortal or have to fight your way out of the gala, what kind of moves do you use?

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
          Yep. 10char
          Excellent! Something more synergistic for a Black Claw Stylist than Pearlescent Filligree Defence from Dreaming Pearl!

Thank you ever so much!

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
            I think that's something that's going to vary with the role the Storyteller wants thaumaturgy to play in the setting.
            I was asking after your personal inclination moreso than a generality.
            Like, in the case that you were personally STing a game and a player wanted to do so, what would you say to them?

Comment

• Just a quick reminder that if you aren't a dev or writer for the game line you shouldn't be answering questions. It's an ask the devs thread, not an ask the community thread.

Onyx Path Forum Administrator
              Posts in this color are moderator posts
              Posts in this color mean a Great Old One has driven me mad.
              Forum Terms of Use
              the Contact Us link.

Comment

• Would you be willing to elaborate on the issues that came up in playtesting that led to the decision to make Dragon Blooded excellencies purchasable?

Comment

• Originally posted by PlotVitalNPC View Post

I was asking after your personal inclination moreso than a generality.
                  Like, in the case that you were personally STing a game and a player wanted to do so, what would you say to them?
                  Unfortunately, the nature of this thread makes it too likely that my personal preferences will get confused with the actual vision for the line.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Jetstream View Post
                    Would you be willing to elaborate on the issues that came up in playtesting that led to the decision to make Dragon Blooded excellencies purchasable?
                    Being able to just throw six dice on any roll was way more powerful than any other starting Charm. Making it so you have to buy them means you're going to have Abilities you're good at, but don't have an Excellency in, which fits better.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by TDS View Post
                      So far, we've seen that Solars can pretty effortlessly reroll 1s on rolls, while all DB charms are carefully constructed to never let you reroll 1s. My question is, is rerolling 1s a Solar only design space, or just a non-DB one? Or in other words, can Sids or Lunars get effects that allow them to protect their 1s by rerolls or the like? Or are they as vulnerable as DBs to Solar 1 exploiting magic?
                      Lunars and Sidereals could theoretically get it, but probably not as casually as Solars do.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Do you have any advice for dealing with conditionally-free evocations when making characters for high-XP games?

For example, I'm playing a game that's reached 380xp-ish (it started during 2nd ed and we converted over). My PC might die next session (hopefully not, but he's in big trouble and very injured). So I may have to make a new 380xp character.
                        If I take an artefact that has charms that activate conditionally (ie if you do X you get this evocation for free), how best to deal with it? Pay XP for them? Get ones low in the tree for free, and have to activate the pinnacles in-game? Just not start with any? Have the ST decide on a case-by-case basis based on how difficult they are to unlock?

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• So, kinda random: Which would you say was rarer: a greater elemental hearthstone or a standard celestial one?

Comment

• Does Birdsong Over Blades apply the effects of charms which require a health level of damage to be dealt? Eg. Uncoiling Serpent Prana and Essence Venom Strike.

Comment

• When does a Dragon-Blooded expend the Aura for charms that require resets when Terrestial; when using the charm, or when they would use it a second time without it being reset?

For instance, Mantis Style's Joint-Breaking Attack. Does the Dragonblooded spend Aura on the tick when she is using it for the first time, or would she spend it when she is going to use it the second time while not having reset it yet?

Also, I am sure this was answered somewhere else but, would such a charm still go on 'cooldown' if the Gambit fails?

Comment

• Sorcerous Working question: It is possible for a Terrestrial Circle Sorcerer to manage Celestial workings by taking much greater time, danger, and (most importantly for this question) xp cost. The core book also says that if a working becomes irrelevant then its xp cost is refunded.

If a character reaches beyond their limits on a Sorcerous Working beyond their Circle and later they rise to a higher Circle, is the xp cost difference of the working refunded?

Comment

Working...
                                X