• Can perceive both materialized and dematerialized beings
    • Can't physically interact with anything materialized
    • Can physically interact with anything dematerialized
    Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
    Can they walk through material walls?
    Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
    Yeah.
    Can they SEE through material walls?

And what does someone see when they look into the immaterial world from the material one?

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Can they SEE through material walls?
      Nope. Unless they stick their head through it.

And what does someone see when they look into the immaterial world from the material one?
      There's not a separate "immaterial world" overlaid on Creation, like the Ethereal Plane in D&D.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Sequal View Post
        Sorcerous Working question: It is possible for a Terrestrial Circle Sorcerer to manage Celestial workings by taking much greater time, danger, and (most importantly for this question) xp cost. The core book also says that if a working becomes irrelevant then its xp cost is refunded.[

If a character reaches beyond their limits on a Sorcerous Working beyond their Circle and later they rise to a higher Circle, is the xp cost difference of the working refunded?
        A generous Storyteller might give them that.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by autXautY View Post
          Does Birdsong Over Blades apply the effects of charms which require a health level of damage to be dealt? Eg. Uncoiling Serpent Prana and Essence Venom Strike.
          Nope. If it requires you to do damage, and you don't do any damage, no good.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• A player of mine wanted his martial arts artifact weapon to allow him to use excellent strike and rising sun slash with his martial arts. I have no idea if this is broken or not as we have seen no examples of anything allowing those to mix. Any advice would be a big help.

Comment

• Do the Walker in Darkness and the Black Heron still have their history of antagonism from the Shadowland thing, given proposed changes to both of them? Or does it take a different form than it did before?

Comment

• Is it solid to assume that the omens associated with the births of Ragara and Mnemon have something to do with the sorcery used to conceive them?

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• Now for a pair of cultural questions about sayings that are common in real life.

"The Holy Grail" is a term used for the an ultimate discovery that people are looking for. Unified Field Theory for science, High Temperature Superconductors for electrical engineering, etc. What legendary lost artifact do people in Creation use as an analogy and/or actually search for?

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely." from Lord Acton. Has there ever been analog of this saying in a world where a great many people and beings have demonstrably greater personal power than the average mortal, has it caught on, and who is it attributed to?

Comment

• Lost Eggs who take up the coin can leave the military after 50 years of service. How many of those who do so live to see their retirement? One out of four? Less?

Are Soldiers in the Army (wether Lost Egg or not) allowed to have children during their military career? I know Tepet Ejava was born during a campaign, but is that kind of thing frowned upon? Or is it encouraged for Dragon-Blooded not to let their progenitive Essence go to waste, even during military service?

My Mage 2e Homebrew

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                      Nope. Unless they stick their head through it.
                      So, immaterial beings really do exist in the same world as material ones... they simply cannot be perceived or affected, nor affect anything without a specific power to do so. They're present, but have no material form.

There's not a separate "immaterial world" overlaid on Creation, like the Ethereal Plane in D&D.
                      We are encouraged to think there is by the flavor text of Charms such as Hundred Devils Whirlwind, and there has been no official text to tell us otherwise.

First Age Artifice is effectively a way to break or at least bend setting rules and assumptions, right? That’s why it acts as a gateway to things that would break or change the setting if they were more available.

So, could a First Age Artifice artifact allow a Dragon-Blood an alternative path to enter an Aura?

Or offer a way to retain an Aura other than her Aspect when she achieves bonfire anima flare?

Or let her to spend Aura to access Mastery effects with a particular Martial Arts Style (the one the artifact is design to work with), even before the Immaculate Martial Arts were invented?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
                        First Age Artifice is effectively a way to break or at least bend setting rules and assumptions, right? That’s why it acts as a gateway to things that would break or change the setting if they were more available.

So, could a First Age Artifice artifact allow a Dragon-Blood an alternative path to enter an Aura?

Or offer a way to retain an Aura other than her Aspect when she achieves bonfire anima flare?

Or let her to spend Aura to access Mastery effects with a particular Martial Arts Style (the one the artifact is design to work with), even before the Immaculate Martial Arts were invented?
                        First Age artifice is for things that disrupt the fundamental assumptions of the setting, not the fundamental assumptions of mechanical design.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                          First Age artifice is for things that disrupt the fundamental assumptions of the setting, not the fundamental assumptions of mechanical design.
                          Does that include making things like Protoshinmaic Vortices? Ie, Greater Hearthstones which function independently of a manse?

Comment

• How would you suggest that Total Annihilation, Wrath of the Five Elements, Enemy of Nature, Essence Inversion be handled if they were converted over to 3rd ed?

The real questions is on
                            Wrath of the Five Elements, Enemy of Nature as they could be considered workings now, but there are other curse effects in 3rd already.

As always thanks in advance.
                            Last edited by Builder; 04-29-2018, 07:01 PM.

Comment

• Is there a reason Adamant Skin Technique only allows you to soak with (Stamina+Armour Soak), and not your full soak (i.e. incl. Unatural Hide, Resilient Bamboo, etc)?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
                                Does that include making things like Protoshinmaic Vortices? Ie, Greater Hearthstones which function independently of a manse?
                                Aren't those already a thing? (steady Greater Hearthstones I mean)

Comment

Working...
                                X