This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
    It applies to all Legendary Size characters. In the core, that's listed on their grapple attack line, for ease of reference, but it comes from Legendary Size.

Ah, so it is! Thanks for clarifying, and apologies for not reading closely enough.

Comment

• How easily should the rules for overturning influence come into play? If someone asks you for a favor and you agree to it without making them roll anything, does that count as prior persuasion and make it more difficult to make you change your mind? Does a soldier given an order count as having been influenced to that course of action, making it harder to convince them to disobey?

Comment

• I thought for sure this question had been asked and answered, but I couldn't find it.

If multiple effects give Double-10s on Decisive damage (or some other double-doubles combo), what happens? (A player asked me in the context of combining the DB Brawl Charm Hammering Wave Technique with the Heaven-and-Earth Gauntlets' Falling Star Fists Evocation.)

Comment

• Is the Verdigris Circlet(Dreams of the First Age Lands of Creation Page 102) Something we could see as a N/A artifact in 3rd ed?

Comment

• Originally posted by MoroseMorgan View Post
            Can Ephemeral Form Composition be used on First Age Artifice to discount the amount of necessary White Points? And if yes, does it follow the same progression? (10-successes for Major FAA etc.)
            Hmm. It shouldn't, at least at the rates given—I'd say it uses the same calculation as Legendary projects for all levels of First Age artifice. I'll clarify that in the final version.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Sith_Happens View Post
              How easily should the rules for overturning influence come into play? If someone asks you for a favor and you agree to it without making them roll anything, does that count as prior persuasion and make it more difficult to make you change your mind? Does a soldier given an order count as having been influenced to that course of action, making it harder to convince them to disobey?
              No, it only applies to things where an actual influence roll has been made.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by WalkingEye View Post
                Is the Verdigris Circlet(Dreams of the First Age Lands of Creation Page 102) Something we could see as a N/A artifact in 3rd ed?
                Don't have any plans for it. I wouldn't bet on it returning.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Ascension View Post
                  I thought for sure this question had been asked and answered, but I couldn't find it.

If multiple effects give Double-10s on Decisive damage (or some other double-doubles combo), what happens? (A player asked me in the context of combining the DB Brawl Charm Hammering Wave Technique with the Heaven-and-Earth Gauntlets' Falling Star Fists Evocation.)
                  There's no additional benefit.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• So if it is Dragon Blooded - What Fire Has Wrought and Lunars - Fangs at the Gate what subtitle would Solars have had if it wasn't the core book?

Comment

• Lost eggs who have fallen into the care of the Splendid and Just Arbiters of Purpose are required to take either the coin or the razor, willing or not -- but what actually happens if they're not willing and remain unwilling to choose either option? (I imagine plenty of young people would balk when told that the fifty-year term of service is the short option, even if the Arbiters have some very convincing recruiters.)

Do they just get dragged to Pasiap's Stair and mercilessly hazed until they get with the program, or something like that? (Assuming they don't stage a daring escape and flee to the Threshold, or whatever.)

Comment

• This is a deep Realm history question that I'd be surprised if the Realm book touched on since it doesn't impact the current setting as it exists now, but generally do you any thoughts on how much power/responsibility the Empress's husbands & recognized consorts hold?

Has she ever taken a wife or officially recognized a female consort?

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Okay, so seeing this discussion of First Age Artifice has reminded me of a question I first had way back on my first read of Ex3.

While FAA is really cool, blending sorcerers workings and crafting together to fulfill the image of the 'Sorcerer-Engineer' talked about in the previous editions... As far as I can tell, it's harder and more expensive than normal artifice, for no benefit meaning it, well, objectively worse.

That being said, why would anyone ever use FAA to create something? (using FAA to repair having obvious advantages despite the additional cost and difficulty)

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                            No, it only applies to things where an actual influence roll has been made.
                            What if the response to the roll was "Not applying Resolve, it works?"

Comment

• Can one use Alehouse Memory Stance outside of combat to bolster a Stealth roll? If so, how do you pay for it? Do you make a Join Battle Roll there and then?

prototype00

Comment

• So... What's going on with Roaring Dragon Officer? I'm assuming it's just left-in editing markup and I should be ignoring the struck through bits and caring about the underlined ones instead but... Actually I definitely just answered my own question. Carry on, nothing to see here.
                                Last edited by Sith_Happens; 05-01-2018, 05:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X