X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sith_Happens View Post

What if the response to the roll was "Not applying Resolve, it works?"
    I wouldn't apply the overturning influence rules, in that case.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by prototype00 View Post
      Can one use Alehouse Memory Stance outside of combat to bolster a Stealth roll?
      Yes.

If so, how do you pay for it? Do you make a Join Battle Roll there and then?
      The Initiative cost is waived outside of combat.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Amine Hsu View Post
        Okay, so seeing this discussion of First Age Artifice has reminded me of a question I first had way back on my first read of Ex3.

While FAA is really cool, blending sorcerers workings and crafting together to fulfill the image of the 'Sorcerer-Engineer' talked about in the previous editions... As far as I can tell, it's harder and more expensive than normal artifice, for no benefit meaning it, well, objectively worse.

That being said, why would anyone ever use FAA to create something? (using FAA to repair having obvious advantages despite the additional cost and difficulty)
        Because some things, like warstriders and airships, can only be created with First Age artifice.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Exigents is on the slate for a Kickstarter, yeah?

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

• Originally posted by marin View Post
            Exigents is on the slate for a Kickstarter, yeah?
            That’s my understanding, yes.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post
              That’s my understanding, yes.

Good. Ever since Exigents were announced I've felt like the setting was incomplete for them, and something like Exigents was present in Exalted games I ran as a ST since 1st Edition, long before I knew what an Exigent was, or was supposed to be.

I really cannot overstate how much STs need Exigents. If the book delivers on what it's about, it will make Creation shine so much more than it already does. Even if the concept falls flat for some people, guide lines on how to actually construct "new" powerful beings will be very, very useful.

Comment

• Question on Elemental Concentration Trance (from the Kickstarter).
                Say Cynis was traveling through the Threshold and came across a foreign tribe. Her player wanted to introduce a fact that these folks do not attack anyone who offers a gift to their leader.
                What element is this? At first, I thought the charm would not be able to do this, as this isn't directly related to the Elements, but both Music Theory and Architecture are in the charm's examples, so I hope it's still possible?

Comment

• Does the Black Claw style initiative booster require that you yourself initiated hostilities?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                    This is gonna be relevant to an upcoming game…

Did the Three of Great Forks still pull one over on Princess Magnificent by weaving a tale of her demise in this edition?

If yes, is the Princess Magnificent still shacking up with First and Forsaken Lion?

Do you think she would still be interested in Great Forks? Like maybe she's still got agents working there? Or would she be uninterested in pursuing it further?
                    Reposting!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                      Reposting!
                      All of this is still up in the air. Sorry!

(We're discussing the prospect of a Great Forks write-up in Exigents, so you might not have to wait until Abyssals for some of your answers.)

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jefepato View Post
                        Lost eggs who have fallen into the care of the Splendid and Just Arbiters of Purpose are required to take either the coin or the razor, willing or not -- but what actually happens if they're not willing and remain unwilling to choose either option? (I imagine plenty of young people would balk when told that the fifty-year term of service is the short option, even if the Arbiters have some very convincing recruiters.)

Do they just get dragged to Pasiap's Stair and mercilessly hazed until they get with the program, or something like that? (Assuming they don't stage a daring escape and flee to the Threshold, or whatever.)
                        That's worth adding if we can squeeze it in during layout. Most likely is that they're told up front that if they don't choose, the Master of Orphans will choose for them. And both the Cloister of Wisdom and Pasiap's Stair have established mechanisms for dealing with intractable rebellion among outcaste students.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post

That's worth adding if we can squeeze it in during layout. Most likely is that they're told up front that if they don't choose, the Master of Orphans will choose for them. And both the Cloister of Wisdom and Pasiap's Stair have established mechanisms for dealing with intractable rebellion among outcaste students.
                          The entry on Pasiap's Stair mentions that getting a commission after graduating used to be guaranteed but this changed with the Houses splitting up the legions and some graduates simply don't get posts because the Houses want them staffed with their own people. So...what do they do, then? They owe the Realm 50 years of service but no Legion actually wants them as officers. Are they free to do whatever they want then?

Some of me humble homebrew for ex3:
                          Artifacts for Crumple's DB homebrew
                          Some Lintha QCs
                          A Wyld Behemoth

Comment

• Originally posted by TDS View Post
                            The entry on Pasiap's Stair mentions that getting a commission after graduating used to be guaranteed but this changed with the Houses splitting up the legions and some graduates simply don't get posts because the Houses want them staffed with their own people. So...what do they do, then? They owe the Realm 50 years of service but no Legion actually wants them as officers. Are they free to do whatever they want then?
                            It's an unresolved issue in-setting. In practice, this probably means outcastes can do what they want as long as they keep their heads down, but risk getting charged with (though not necessarily convicted of) dereliction if they cross someone who's willing and able to bring them before the Imperial courts or to a magistrate's attention.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Magistrate View Post
                              Does the Black Claw style initiative booster require that you yourself initiated hostilities?
                              No. 10char

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by wern212 View Post
                                Question on Elemental Concentration Trance (from the Kickstarter).
                                Say Cynis was traveling through the Threshold and came across a foreign tribe. Her player wanted to introduce a fact that these folks do not attack anyone who offers a gift to their leader.
                                What element is this? At first, I thought the charm would not be able to do this, as this isn't directly related to the Elements, but both Music Theory and Architecture are in the charm's examples, so I hope it's still possible?
                                I don't see any way to connect that to an element, even loosely.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X