This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TGUEIROS View Post
    And what does that entail for that ex-monk in Realm society in general?

Are they now pariah, exiled from the Realm?
    The Realm covers this.

Originally posted by TGUEIROS View Post
    What happens so that is not the easy way out of the Coin's 50 year service for Outcastes?

Choose the Razor, have an orgy after graduation, and then I'm free to do what I want? Seems not plausible.
    That's a matter of Realm law, not Order policy.

Developer for Exalted.

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Comment

• If you perform an Ambush using Birdsong Over Blades, and no one notices the attack, does that mean you can keep making Ambushes?

Comment

• There's a few 1e materials that mention writeups for critters in Creatures of the Wyld being cut for space, and subsequently compiled into a PDF. However, the links given in the books no longer work. Any idea where I can presently get these bonus beasties?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
          There's a few 1e materials that mention writeups for critters in Creatures of the Wyld being cut for space, and subsequently compiled into a PDF. However, the links given in the books no longer work. Any idea where I can presently get these bonus beasties?
          The PDF is still floating around on the web, but I don't think there's currently a legal mechanism to acquire it. I'll kick this up the chain.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Speaking of Immaculate strictures - how important to mainstream Realm Immaculate monks is the tonsure? (I ruled in my personal game that Dragon-Blooded monks can get exemptions from it, because one of my PCs wanted to be a monk with hair, but.)

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
              Seven Year Swarm Volley sounds more like an extra action charm name to me, while Swallows Defend the Nest sounds ...well, defensive in nature. But their effects are the other way around. Can you explain the logic behind these names?
              Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
              Hmm. Not too late to change that.
              On a similar note, may I question Tactics Mean Everything (an Excellency) and Excellence of the Dutiful General (which helps with tactics)?

​Over on the lore side, what would be an actual example of how the Realm's stigma against sorcerers actually impacts someone's life? I have a hard time getting my head around this when the text is full of sorceresses who hold high offices, are beloved social figures, or keep close ties with the Immaculate Order, and no mention of their sorcery as a factor ever gets made. So... suppose that a young Mnemon decides to "court notoriety by practicing the uncouth art" of her own Matriarch, as well as the famously-respectable Ledaal and even the Empress herself. What changes? How are people acting differently, and what actual problems/plot hooks does it cause?

"For me, there's no fundamental conflict between really loving something and also seeing it as very profoundly flawed." -- Jay Eddidin

Comment

• Originally posted by MorsRattus View Post
                Speaking of Immaculate strictures - how important to mainstream Realm Immaculate monks is the tonsure? (I ruled in my personal game that Dragon-Blooded monks can get exemptions from it, because one of my PCs wanted to be a monk with hair, but.)
                The tonsure is a mark of humility and conformity. Monks are expected to shave their heads every five days. No one's going to punish a monk who, say, winds up with a bit of hair because she got lost in the wilderness without a razor. But deliberately growing out one's hair is a sign of vanity, and failing to seek humbling punishment for such a transgression is a sign of arrogance.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Is it deliberate that Hidden Thorn Treachery does not seem to require the general to participate in the battle like the other Signature War Charms that provide magical strategies?

Is it intentional that none of the Solar Charms for executing strategic maneuvers before a battle begins require the Solar to participate?

The Sapping strategy of Ramparts of Obedient Earth is meant to counter a Fortification stratagem that the opposing general shouldn’t be able to use since the Dragon-Blood won the strategy contest. Is it therefore only useful against magical effects like the Solar Charm that lets the Anathema general execute a second stratagem in the middle of a battle?

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post

That's a matter of Realm law, not Order policy.
                    River left the Order because she fell in love. While writer comments have confirmed that she faces social marginalization for this decision, it was obviously something that was legally within her rights to do. Should we assume that Found-Eggs who take the Razor do not have that legal option?

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
                      Is it deliberate that Hidden Thorn Treachery does not seem to require the general to participate in the battle like the other Signature War Charms that provide magical strategies?
                      No.

Is it intentional that none of the Solar Charms for executing strategic maneuvers before a battle begins require the Solar to participate?
                      Don't think so.

The Sapping strategy of Ramparts of Obedient Earth is meant to counter a Fortification stratagem that the opposing general shouldn’t be able to use since the Dragon-Blood won the strategy contest. Is it therefore only useful against magical effects like the Solar Charm that lets the Anathema general execute a second stratagem in the middle of a battle?
                      That, or the additional context-dependent bonuses.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by SoulGambit View Post
                        If you perform an Ambush using Birdsong Over Blades, and no one notices the attack, does that mean you can keep making Ambushes?
                        Nope, you're still subject to the normal requirements for making an ambush.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

River left the Order because she fell in love. While writer comments have confirmed that she faces social marginalization for this decision, it was obviously something that was legally within her rights to do. Should we assume that Found-Eggs who take the Razor do not have that legal option?
                          That's correct; an outcaste monk cannot leave the Order of her own volition. I'm not sure as to exactly what happens if an outcaste monk turns apostate — we didn't think to cover it in the text — but it wouldn't be pretty.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snakesandsuns View Post

Virtuous Guardian of Flame states it can be used offensively in the control spell section: is some other value used for strength? Does the caster actually hold it like a weapon? What traits does Virtuous Guardian of Flame have? Is it a artifact sword? Is it any type of sword of the summoners choosing?
                            All that would be defined by the Evocations you design for it. Different sorcerers might go different ways.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by realitycheque View Post
                              Someone hit with Fiery Blade Attack is engulfed in a bonfire until they disengage... do the people engulfed know that disengaging will end the effect, if they've never encountered it before? Is it obviously attached to the location, rather than the character?

Figure I should make certain of this *before* I set my players on fire...
                              The player gets to know.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Sith_Happens View Post
                                1. It's explained what happens if you create the Talisman of Ten Thousand Eyes during play, but what if you find it during play?
                                That could be a valid way that one might initiate into sorcery in play (as depicted by taking Terrestrial Circle Sorcery).

2. Do you have any advice about when to give an Evocation an "Awakens for free if..." clause?
                                Use them to reinforce the artifact's legend. Don't put them on effects that people will happily spend the 10xp to get without any complications.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X