This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
    The martial art? Don't currently have plans for it, but it could.

Cool. I was more checking if it had ended up like, say, Laughing Wounds in the "yeah no" category.

I did a lot of homebrew over here. PEACH.

Comment

• Might have been lost in the churn:

Probably somewhat edge case, but can you Stunt your Guile (as you would any static defense) while using it in a Charm calculation (such as Doe Eyes Defense) to raise its value for that activation of the Charm?

Comment

• Originally posted by OpMegs View Post
        Rereading the DB preview, I'm kind of curious about a bit that came up regarding some options that seem to be in direct conflict regarding the Tepet/Cathak dynamic.
        I'm also having trouble reconciling the seemingly entirely contradictory statements about House Cathak's attitude to House Tepet. I can get why Cathak backed out of the anathema confrontation, and why it doesn't want to stick its neck out now for a weak house. But the fact remains that the House Cathak write-up says they see Tepet as noble but weak and would ally with Tepet again if Tepet regains its strength, while the Tepet write-up says Cathak is actively opposing Tepet's attempts to regain its strength and gives the impression that Cathak is generally hostile to Tepet. So which is it?

If I'm playing a Cathak scion who is a new member of the Deliberative, are my house elders telling me to stomp Tepet down whenever it tries to get up or not?

Is this some kind of weird, toxic "Since you allowed yourself to be weakened, we must haze you by blocking all attempts to save your house, but if you manage to regain your strength in spite of this, we'll pretend it never happened and be buddies again" situation?
        Last edited by Measure of Hope; 05-03-2018, 08:25 PM. Reason: typo

"Measure of Hope is right about everything." - Wise Old Guru

Currently running an Exalted 2.5 Abyssals game in a homebrew modern shard because I value neither my time or my sanity, and I'm loving almost every minute of it.

Comment

Cainan knew what was happening, and if he didn't order it himself, he at least tacitly approved it. House Tepet takes a very different perspective than he does on whether that was an honorable course of action.
          I guess what I don’t understand is why he did it. He’s described as an honorable person who hates Anathema, so why NOT ride in to the rescue? It feels out of character for him from what little we know. Much like the hate that Sesus has for Tepet, which is simply stated, instead of explained and put into context like it is with other houses, it feels like this weird thing that doesn’t make sense but there it is so deal with it.

I guess if you could devote a bit of wordcount to explaining those in the companion or something, I’d appreciate it.

Comment

• Is The Realm going to have a comprehensive list of things that will get a monk booted from the Immaculate order?

Exalted Whose Name is Carved in Leaves of Jade

Senator of the Greater Chamber

Comment

• Originally posted by prototype00 View Post
              Might have been lost in the churn:

Probably somewhat edge case, but can you Stunt your Guile (as you would any static defense) while using it in a Charm calculation (such as Doe Eyes Defense) to raise its value for that activation of the Charm?
              No. 10char

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• This may be more an Eric Minton question, but is the Deliberative serving both as the executive body and legislative body with the disappearance of the Scarlet Empress? How much of the Realm setting book will be devoted to the political/governmental structure of the Realm?

Comment

That could be a valid way that one might initiate into sorcery in play (as depicted by taking Terrestrial Circle Sorcery).
                  Whoops, I specifically meant the case where you're a sorcerer already but forgot to say so. Specifically, the sidebar for crafting a sorcerous artifact like the Talisman says you immediately get one of its shaping rituals as an extra when you finish it, so what about if you find an existing one?

Comment

• Sea’s Verdict’s Goal Without Fathom is descended from Terrestrial Melee’s Elemental Sheath.

It should not be possible for anyone but a Dragon-Blood to learn the Evocation.

Therefore, its Dissonant clause seems pointless.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Originally posted by Saipjas View Post
                      This may be more an Eric Minton question, but is the Deliberative serving both as the executive body and legislative body with the disappearance of the Scarlet Empress?
                      Some of its members have ambitions in that direction, but the Deliberative faces obstacles from without and within.

Originally posted by Saipjas View Post
                      How much of the Realm setting book will be devoted to the political/governmental structure of the Realm?
                      Chapter 2 covers the magistracy, the ministries, the All-Seeing Eye, and the Deliberative. It's a solid chunk of the book. There's also material on prefectural government in Chapter 1 and satrapial administration in Chapter 6.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post
                        Some of its members have ambitions in that direction, but the Deliberative faces obstacles from without and within.

Chapter 2 covers the magistracy, the ministries, the All-Seeing Eye, and the Deliberative. It's a solid chunk of the book. There's also material on prefectural government in Chapter 1 and satrapial administration in Chapter 6.
                        Awesome thank you so much, I look forward to when the book comes out! Would you predict that the status quo of the Realm would have drifted much in a game set 9 total years post vanishing of the Scarlet Empress?

Comment

Your health track and your base Attributes/Abilities doesn't change.

You get the natural weapons and innate soak/hardness of the animal you turn into.
                          Alright, a follow up questions, the book says that creatures of legendary size are "hard" to turn into, but not that they're explicitly disallowed. What's the realistic limitations on this? Can't take a spirit shape that's of legendary size? Gated by essence?

Also, do you lose anything from your base form when shapeshifting? Since Beastfolk, Airfolk and the like are a thing, it's not too unlikely to imagine a situation where a Lunar might have unusual hide, wings, claws or something similar.
                          Last edited by ReshyShira; 05-04-2018, 02:58 AM.

Comment

• How much of The Realm is dedicated to mortal monks/soldiers/bureocratas ?

Comment

"First round of combat."
                              Originally posted by TGUEIROS View Post
                              "An ambush is defined as an attack against a target completely
                              unaware of the attacker’s presence—generally only
                              possible during the first round
                              of a fight, against a target
                              with a lower Initiative value than the attacker. An ambush
                              attack completely ignores the target’s Defense; the target
                              is considered to have Defense 0 against the attack."

That doesn't say it must be the first round of combat for it to be an ambush, just that it generally is, because generally after you stab someone they know something is up.

But the whole context of the situation is that the person that got attacked, or anyone else, has no clue as to what is happening, so it is not the generally assumed situation.

It seems to say that if people are completely unaware of an attacker's presence then it is indeed an ambush, no?
                              ​Hey Robert Vance sorry for insisting, but can you clarify this matter?

Are ambushes only on the first round as you said previously, or generally on the first round with possible exceptions like RAW suggests? And if they are possible on rounds other than the first, does a stealthed succesful use of Birdsong Over Blades let you keep ambushing or not, and if not, why not?

Thanks again!

Comment

• Originally posted by TGUEIROS View Post
                                Are ambushes only on the first round as you said previously, or generally on the first round with possible exceptions like RAW suggests? And if they are possible on rounds other than the first, does a stealthed succesful use of Birdsong Over Blades let you keep ambushing or not, and if not, why not?
                                It's general, rather than a rigid rule, but Birdsong Over Blades is not intended to be an exception.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X