This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sakii View Post
    How much of The Realm is dedicated to mortal monks/soldiers/bureocratas ?
    A fair chunk.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by ReshyShira View Post
      Alright, a follow up questions, the book says that creatures of legendary size are "hard" to turn into, but not that they're explicitly disallowed. What's the realistic limitations on this? Can't take a spirit shape that's of legendary size? Gated by essence?
      There's a Charm for assuming Legendary Size shapes, with its own set of rules.

Also, do you lose anything from your base form when shapeshifting? Since Beastfolk, Airfolk and the like are a thing, it's not too unlikely to imagine a situation where a Lunar might have unusual hide, wings, claws or something similar.
      I think you'd lose your supernatural mutations.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Sith_Happens View Post

Whoops, I specifically meant the case where you're a sorcerer already but forgot to say so. Specifically, the sidebar for crafting a sorcerous artifact like the Talisman says you immediately get one of its shaping rituals as an extra when you finish it, so what about if you find an existing one?
        You don't get a shaping ritual for free, although you can start awakening Evocations from the talisman.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Okay, so Stoking Bonfire Style is confusing the heck out me.

Does failing to defend against someone reset my discount to attacking them?

Does failing an attack against someone reset my discount to defending against them?

Does defending against Opponent A reset my discount to attacking Opponent B?

Does attacking Opponent A reset my discount to defending against Opponent B?

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
            It's general, rather than a rigid rule, but Birdsong Over Blades is not intended to be an exception.
            Ok, thanks!

Comment

• I want to portray a scene where a young Dynast goes to school for the first time but I got stuck on what time of year a new student would enlist in secondary school? Is that something there is an answer to?

Freelance writer for Exalted Third Edition.

Comment

• How good are Lunars at recovering from Crippling injuries? If a Lunar loses an eye or a leg, can they shape shift it back? Do they have lost limbs in some forms but not in others?

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post
                  Some of its members have ambitions in that direction, but the Deliberative faces obstacles from without and within.

Chapter 2 covers the magistracy, the ministries, the All-Seeing Eye, and the Deliberative. It's a solid chunk of the book. There's also material on prefectural government in Chapter 1 and satrapial administration in Chapter 6.

I know that I'm a tremendous nerd, because this statement made me incredibly excited,

Raksha are my fae-vorite.

Reincarnation of magnificentmomo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abakus View Post
                    How good are Lunars at recovering from Crippling injuries?
                    Really damn.

If a Lunar loses an eye or a leg, can they shape shift it back?
                    Nah, they don't run on Animorphs rules. You'd need a Charm for that.

Do they have lost limbs in some forms but not in others?
                    Crippling injuries carrying over between forms is a staple of shapeshifter narratives.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Do you want small typo/error reports for WFHW, or do you want to wait on that until PDF layout is complete?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sequal View Post
                        Do you want small typo/error reports for WFHW, or do you want to wait on that until PDF layout is complete?
                        The latter.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Ok, but if, say, Eska of the Seven Blades lost a hand in her hybrid form, could she make sure one of her uninjured arms was the one that remained when she turned back into a human?

Comment

• Assuming this has been nailed down and is readily shareable, when Luna visits a newly-chosen Lunar, is it only when said nascent Lunar is alone, or does she drop by when others can see her as well? Or does she typically just remain unobtrusive in those cases, like showing up as a reflection in a puddle or pond that mouths "you are mine"?

Comment

• Robert Vance

ALREADY ANSWERED, THANKS!

This just came up in another thread and was something that confused way back when Ex3 released and I got into Exalted. It is the difference between Presence and Socialize. I guess I just tossed it on the Charisma/Manipulation bin, and figured one was about being larger than life and the other about being measured and subtle, but that you could basically pick which one to use most of the time.

Now SoulGambit questioned if Socialize could be used to instill out of a formal context, and I realized that I never payed any mind to the part of the ability descriptor that seems to indicate that you can only instill/persuade with Socialize in formal settings.
                              Is that how it is supposed to work? Socialize instills only in formal settings, Read Intentions being the only Social Influence Action that Socialize can do in a flurry (combat situation)? And out of formal settings you must instill/persuade with Presence?

Thanks again for your time and goodwill!
                              Last edited by TGUEIROS; 05-04-2018, 08:58 PM.

Comment

• Answered here.

Comment

Working...
                                X