• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    Answered here.
    Thanks! tenchar

Comment

• If I an using Lone Spark Lights the Conflagration(golden Janissary Style) and activate its mastery effect how does this interact with Disengaging? If I am surrounded by 20 blood apes and they are all around me in various range bands within medium range do I have to make a new disengage going from ape to ape over and over again and if I fail can I no longer move to attack my enemies within medium range as described by the charm?

Comment

• What rating is the Emerald Thurible?

Comment

• Our Socialize Supernal has found her self in a bit of a pickle! Soul Reprisal specifies that the Solar replaces all her current Abilities, Charms and Intimacies when she uses it, but it doesn't say anything about XP. Does outgoing persona retain its XP? Does this mean she effectively loses the difference in XP between her persona and her normal self? If so, what if she loses enough XP to put her below an Essence threshold?

Comment

• Would it be appropriate to penalize characters attempting to parry flying boulders?
            The characters in my game will soon encounter a pair of giants, and one of them is going to chuck a few rocks at them.
            And I feel like it makes sense to apply a penalty on their Parry, but the Core is sadly silent on the issue.
            If a penalty would be appropriate, how big would you make it?

Comment

• A question about the interaction between Birdsong Over Blades (from White Veil) and Foe-Vaulting Method (From Solar Athletics).

The reset condition of Foe-Vaulting Method is:

This Charm may only be used
              once per combat, but is reset by landing a decisive attack
              and building Initiative to 6+.
              If used in conjunction with White Veil's Birdsong Over Blades where you get to keep your Initiative but deal no damage, does that mean that if her remaining Initiative is 6+ after the use of Foe Vaulting Method that it automatically resets?

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                Yeah, although they're still gonna be dream-eaten, which limits their usefulness as soldiers.

You wouldn't need First Knowledge's Grace to teach blood apes, although their natural traits may be better than the tiger warrior template in many regards..

There's gotta be some principle of limitation on what First Knowledge's Grace can do, and I'd definitely comfortable drawing the line at not-exceptionally-intelligent animals.

If we're talking "basically zombies," I'd say no. Skeletons with approaching-human levels of intelligence may be a different story.

Maybe, although again, I'm not sure that's an upgrade.

You can train them successfully, but you're not going to overcome their innate physical limitations. Don't...don't weaponize babies.
                I've actually statted up Blood Ape tiger warriors. They're vicious as hell, and Might 2, which gives them a big leg up. Especially if you're rich enough to outfit them with reinforced breastplates.

Comment

• Prasad has two clans, which alternate themselves in power due to the votes of rich citizens, thanks to lavish and expensive campaigns, and have a manifest destiny to defeat the horrible and primal monsters and savage civilizations which live in the Dreaming Sea... And plunder their treasures and resources.

Are their clan mons a donkey and an elephant, per chance? XD

Comment

• Originally posted by prototype00 View Post
                    A question about the interaction between Birdsong Over Blades (from White Veil) and Foe-Vaulting Method (From Solar Athletics).

The reset condition of Foe-Vaulting Method is:

If used in conjunction with White Veil's Birdsong Over Blades where you get to keep your Initiative but deal no damage, does that mean that if her remaining Initiative is 6+ after the use of Foe Vaulting Method that it automatically resets?
                    Nah, I wouldn't call that "building to" Initiative 6.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                      Nah, I wouldn't call that "building to" Initiative 6.
                      Ah, so I guess the same would apply if by some Charm alchemy you are able to reset your Initiative to >6 after a decisive attack?
                      Last edited by prototype00; 05-05-2018, 08:04 AM.

Comment

• Dragon-Blooded grapplers currently don't seem to have any way of grappling enemies with Legendary Size (even when using massive bodies of water to wrestle at Essence 5). Is it completely outside acceptable design space for them?

Comment

• I have a question about Unmoving Center Enlightenment, the DB Dodge Earth Signature. It starts off with a dodge based social attack and then:
                          Each enemy whose Resolve is beaten must immediately make a disengage roll opposing her at a −3 penalty. On a success, an enemy must immediately use his reflexive movement to move away from the Dragon-Blood. On a failure, the only action he can take on subsequent turns is to continue disengaging from the Dragon-Blood until he succeeds.
                          The part I am worried about is that against enemies that opted to specialize in Parry rather than training Dodge can be basically permanently stun-locked because they can't disengage. Am I reading this right?

Also normally disengaging is a combat action but this says that it must be immediate. Does it get upgraded to reflexive so it does happen right then or simply first chance they get on their turn? If it is reflexive, does that prevent them from taking a combat action when their turn does come around?
                          Last edited by Sequal; 05-05-2018, 01:49 PM.

Comment

• Wrong Thread
                            Last edited by TalosX; 05-05-2018, 02:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sequal View Post
                              The part I am worried about is that against enemies that opted to specialize in Parry rather than training Dodge can be basically permanently stun-locked because they can't disengage. Am I reading this right?
                              I might tweak it some.

Also normally disengaging is a combat action but this says that it must be immediate. Does it get upgraded to reflexive so it does happen right then or simply first chance they get on their turn? If it is reflexive, does that prevent them from taking a combat action when their turn does come around?
                              The immediate one is reflexive, and doesn't count against their action.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Jefepato View Post
                                Dragon-Blooded grapplers currently don't seem to have any way of grappling enemies with Legendary Size (even when using massive bodies of water to wrestle at Essence 5). Is it completely outside acceptable design space for them?
                                Single-handedly wrestling kaiju and warstriders is a bit beyond them.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X