Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask the Devs

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Out of curiosity I just went through the Core DB QCs and compared their Charms to their respective WFHW versions, and in nearly all the cases where a Charm was changed its Core version was appreciably stronger. Was there a deliberate decision between books to tweak DBs' balance point or is this just another case of "Don't expect your own Deadly Beastman Transformation to be as good as the Barbarian Warlord's (at least not without upgrades)?"

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Sith_Happens View Post
      Out of curiosity I just went through the Core DB QCs and compared their Charms to their respective WFHW versions, and in nearly all the cases where a Charm was changed its Core version was appreciably stronger. Was there a deliberate decision between books to tweak DBs' balance point or is this just another case of "Don't expect your own Deadly Beastman Transformation to be as good as the Barbarian Warlord's (at least not without upgrades)?"
      More the latter.


      Developer for Exalted

      Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

      Robert Vance's Patreon

      Comment


      • Originally posted by TGUEIROS View Post
        Hello Robert Vance !

        There is some confusion going around about about when Anima Flux applies it's damage. The book says;

        "At the bonfire level, she rolls one die of withering damage against all non-Dragon-Blooded characters within close range of her (including allies) at the start of each turn."

        At the start of who's turn? Everyone's (each turn implies all of them, no?)? The flaring DB's?

        Thanks for clarifying this, and maybe this is one is worth clarifying in the book as well.

        Thanks again!
        Each of the Dragon-Blood's turns.


        Developer for Exalted

        Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

        Robert Vance's Patreon

        Comment


        • I assume Berit has descendants since she was lobbying for Great House status? Do they bare her surname and count as Patricians (unless adopted into a Great House for her descendents who Exalt)?


          Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

          Comment


          • How long does it take a typical Dragon-Blooded to reach Essence 3 (provided they live that long)? Essence 4?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
              I assume Berit has descendants since she was lobbying for Great House status? Do they bare her surname and count as Patricians (unless adopted into a Great House for her descendents who Exalt)?
              You don't need to have descendants to become the matriarch of a Great House. Whether or not Berit has any descendants is not currently specified.


              Developer for Exalted.

              Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Sith_Happens View Post
                How long does it take a typical Dragon-Blooded to reach Essence 3 (provided they live that long)? Essence 4?
                For Essence 3, typically decades or longer. Essence 4 is typically only possessed by Dragon-Blooded who've lived for longer than a mortal lifespan.


                Developer for Exalted

                Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                Robert Vance's Patreon

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                  For Essence 3, typically decades or longer. Essence 4 is typically only possessed by Dragon-Blooded who've lived for longer than a mortal lifespan.
                  Also note that Essence gain is never guaranteed. For instance, an elderly Dragon-Blood who's never surpassed Essence 3 is perfectly reasonable.


                  Developer for Exalted.

                  Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post

                    You don't need to have descendants to become the matriarch of a Great House. Whether or not Berit has any descendants is not currently specified.
                    If she did have any descendants, what status do they have? Are they patricians or Dynasts? Do they bear her name?


                    Some of me humble homebrew for ex3:
                    Artifacts for Crumple's DB homebrew
                    Some Lintha QCs
                    A Wyld Behemoth

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by TDS View Post
                      If she did have any descendants, what status do they have? Are they patricians or Dynasts? Do they bear her name?
                      It's not something that would come up often; the Empress' sons were largely married off into the Great Houses, and her daughters often founded their own houses (or were occasionally adopted into other houses — see Rulinsei in the House Mnemon write-up). But it makes sense that the Empress' daughters passed on their names to their children as a general rule, rather than having their children change names after ascending to Great House status.

                      As to whether they would count as Dynasts or patricians, patricians probably makes the most sense. Still, they'd have more prestige than the typical patrician, given their origins and their potential prospects.
                      Last edited by Eric Minton; 05-11-2018, 05:49 PM.


                      Developer for Exalted.

                      Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                      Comment


                      • I think based on this, my rationalization for the moment is that Berit has had a ton of sons, so while she has a lot of descendants, her name hasn’t extended further than a single generation. Part of her current brood fest, is that several of the Patrician lines related to her that could have formed the core of a House if she’s gotten one got swept up into V’neef.


                        Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

                        Comment


                        • Arms of the Chosen brings us the Frost Thorn Knuckles, but the book’s section on moonsilver’s potentials doesn’t mention anything about ice, or even the cold.

                          Are there any of the other five elements that moonsilver could conjure or evoke? Could one make a moonsilver whip with a lash made of sand that can shoot sand-blasts and protect against desert cold and heat? A moonsilver shield with a face of fire?


                          Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

                          My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post
                            As to whether they would count as Dynasts or patricians, patricians probably makes the most sense. Still, they'd have more prestige than the typical patrician, given their origins and their potential prospects.
                            ​What about something akin to domestic cadet Houses? Dynasts, but without the benefits of a Great House corporate structure.


                            I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                            Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                            https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

                            Comment


                            • Bumping my odder question from two pages ago:

                              Originally posted by Sith_Happens View Post
                              Random thought: what happens if a rank-and-file Realm legionnaire gets knocked up?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
                                Arms of the Chosen brings us the Frost Thorn Knuckles, but the book’s section on moonsilver’s potentials doesn’t mention anything about ice, or even the cold.

                                Are there any of the other five elements that moonsilver could conjure or evoke? Could one make a moonsilver whip with a lash made of sand that can shoot sand-blasts and protect against desert cold and heat? A moonsilver shield with a face of fire?
                                The Frost-Thorn Knuckles' icy Evocations arise from its own unique legend, not any general property of moonsilver.


                                Developer for Exalted

                                Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                                Robert Vance's Patreon

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X