Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was the demon tower made to fight demons or from demons or by demons? Or all three?

How concrete are the thematics of the New!Exalted? Obviously their mechanics are a ways off, but feel and tone? Have these changed since the last administration significantly?

Favorite Familiar (I swear, if it's a puppy, what kind of puppy?)

Restoring demonic glory in Infernals:What Hell Has Wrought

Comment

• How concrete are the thematics of the New!Exalted? Obviously their mechanics are a ways off, but feel and tone? Have these changed since the last administration significantly?
      seconded.

also. Are we going to see any new pieces of world material in Arms?

Comment

• Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
        Was the demon tower made to fight demons or from demons or by demons? Or all three?
        It's a Walking *Devil* Tower. Nothing to do with demons!

How concrete are the thematics of the New!Exalted? Obviously their mechanics are a ways off, but feel and tone? Have these changed since the last administration significantly?
        Liminals and Getimians are going to be what you saw in the corebook.

The still-mysterious Exalted—wait, you can't trick me into telling you about them yet!

Favorite Familiar (I swear, if it's a puppy, what kind of puppy?)
        Asking me my favorite animal is like asking my favorite child. Today, I'll say hippopotamus.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by SunAndSpring View Post
          Would a stealth Warstrider ever be a thing?
          Yep. Warstriders are very un-stealthy by default, but you could customize one for that through its Evocations.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Gigaton-Falcon-Emu View Post

More of a thematic thing but will all Warstriders be 'worn' the same way? Will they all be Escaflowne style like previous editions or can they vary from command thrones to literally fusing with the construct?
            The pilot of a warstrider operates it from within a fuselage in the armor’s torso. In most warstriders still operational in the Second Age, the pilot must don a harness connected to the warstrider’s frame with leather straps. The harness controls the motions of the warstrider’s arms and legs, mimicking the pilot’s motions. Ancient warstriders constructed at the height of the First Age may have more elegant or esoteric control mechanisms—levitating crystals that orbit around the pilot, complex control interfaces of solid light, liquid metal that molds itself to the pilot’s body—but still operate on the same principle of emulating the pilot’s movements.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by SunAndSpring View Post
              Would a stealth Warstrider ever be a thing?

Have you -not- seen Escaflowne?

Comment

• But speaking of Escaflowne, it was an exceptionally low-maintenance Warstrider by the look of it. It needed VERY special repairs when it got seriously damaged, but it never seemed to need maintenance after combat operations where it avoided damage.

I suppose that advantage would require particular Evocations to enjoy?

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                  The pilot of a warstrider operates it from within a fuselage in the armor’s torso. In most warstriders still operational in the Second Age, the pilot must don a harness connected to the warstrider’s frame with leather straps. The harness controls the motions of the warstrider’s arms and legs, mimicking the pilot’s motions. Ancient warstriders constructed at the height of the First Age may have more elegant or esoteric control mechanisms—levitating crystals that orbit around the pilot, complex control interfaces of solid light, liquid metal that molds itself to the pilot’s body—but still operate on the same principle of emulating the pilot’s movements.
                  And with that, I am reaching escape velocity from the hype...

I will test my luck with another question! Will Arms feature any warstriders currently used by the Realm? If their use is hard to justify how does a pilot go about bonding with it enough to be able to use it effectively? Are they personal possessions or something which bind you to the commands of the empress (or regent) and house elders more so than usual to the point where they are partly state property?

Comment

• Admittedly, this may not be hammered out at this point in time, but are 3E Infernals still running on borrowed time like 2E? Or are they more likely to enjoy the typical Exalted longevity?

Comment

• Two questions.

say that someone stole a Warstrider from the Realm. What would be the appropriate response for the House that lost the strider in question? How many people would they send after the fleeing thieves?

secondly. With a lot of idea guys leaving the line, how much of the yet unrevealed developed setting have you had to redesign, or have the two of you been privy to the ideas that was going to be developed in the future? Unreleased exalts and places?

Comment

• Is there a firewand equivalent for warstriders?

.................................................. .................................
                        end post

Comment

• Will there be a rank five Jade combat artifact in the book? One that only has one MM in it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                            It's a Walking *Devil* Tower. Nothing to do with demons!
                            I...huh. Welp, no clue then. Hoping a tribute to Octavaian, but yeah. It just occured to me 'devil' isn't a definite thing in exalted.

Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                            Liminals and Getimians are going to be what you saw in the corebook.

The still-mysterious Exalted—wait, you can't trick me into telling you about them yet!
                            Curses, my schemes!
                            Okay, but in more seriousness, I guess it'd be better to ask if the cobbled together clues about, say, the two Niobarran ones, are still good starting places still? Like how one is a singer (IIRC) and can conjure storms?

How impractical is it to use Warstrider sized weapons? Or rather, will it ever be not-homebrew?
                            Is necromancy, as loosely noted as it is, seperateted from sorcerey in more concrete ways than 'different iniations'?

Restoring demonic glory in Infernals:What Hell Has Wrought

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
                              Will there be a rank five Jade combat artifact in the book? One that only has one MM in it?
                              Yes and yes.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
                                But speaking of Escaflowne, it was an exceptionally low-maintenance Warstrider by the look of it. It needed VERY special repairs when it got seriously damaged, but it never seemed to need maintenance after combat operations where it avoided damage.

I suppose that advantage would require particular Evocations to enjoy?
                                I love the imagery of locking into Escaflowne.

Comment

Working...
                                X