This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ReshyShira View Post
    Is it possible that a Lunar could make a magical plague that creates more beastfolk for them to use in their armies? And if it was a thing they could do, what essence would it likely require?
    It's not totally outside the realm of possibility, but I don't think a contagious mutagen is a great way to create your own armies, since you have very little control over who it spreads to.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by TDS View Post
      Some discussion on discord lead to the question: Are Lunars likely to get (social/maybe leadership?) Charms that work better on beastmen?
      Probably not.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by RustedAir View Post
        If a DB is in an aura, and uses charms of many elements in the same instant, do the charms of the Aura's element benefit from aura-related enhacements before it dissipates?
        Like can the decisive attack from the aura-enhanced Life-Swelling Sap Strike benefit from the (non aura-enhanced) Drawing Lightning Style?
        No. You can't activate an Aura Charm along with non-Balanced Charms of different elements.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
          How does the Empress keeping all the Realm's First Age Artifacts in a secret arsenal work with regard to calling them out when needed when she was there to do so? Did she have trusted Dragon-Blooded who had trained with the warstriders, implosion bows, etc, to unlock their evocations so she could call them to field if she needed to? Otherwise the evocation system seems like it'd leave her SOL with the artifacts being much less useful in emergency than she'd want them to be.
          When the Empress fielded her First Age weaponry, the assignments would typically be long enough for the wielders to master some of the artifact's Evocations, and she'd likely prioritize Dragon-Blooded who'd previously wielded the same artifact so that they'd be able to immediately access more of its power. The Empress' methods meant that she was losing out on some of the power of her arsenal by not having them in the hands of people who'd mastered as much of their Evocations as they could have, but that also means that the various Dynasts who've tried to overthrow her weren't able to do so with the backing of warstrider and other First Age weapons at their full power.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
            It's not totally outside the realm of possibility, but I don't think a contagious mutagen is a great way to create your own armies, since you have very little control over who it spreads to.

It was an idea I had in my head for a charm that acted as a way for Lunars to subvert a population through what amounts to lycanthropy.

Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
            Probably not.
            Huh, I would have thought Lunars would have some kind of bonus for animals and beastfolk, since they're so closely associated with animals

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
              When the Empress fielded her First Age weaponry, the assignments would typically be long enough for the wielders to master some of the artifact's Evocations, and she'd likely prioritize Dragon-Blooded who'd previously wielded the same artifact so that they'd be able to immediately access more of its power. The Empress' methods meant that she was losing out on some of the power of her arsenal by not having them in the hands of people who'd mastered as much of their Evocations as they could have, but that also means that the various Dynasts who've tried to overthrow her weren't able to do so with the backing of warstrider and other First Age weapons at their full power.
              Also, isn't one of the things about FA Artifacts that they have some basic unlocked Evocations? I don't remember where, but I thought I heard that before.

Comment

• So, just to be clear, a non-aura charm that has a bonus effect if you're in aura is considered an aura charm if you're using that effect?

Comment

• Originally posted by TGUEIROS View Post
                  I don't remember where, but I thought I heard that before.
                  ​Would I be correct in assuming that was an idea from a prior development cycle that has been superseded, particularly since the line on gunzosha armour is that it has normal Evocation rules to model growing mastery over subsystems?

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                  Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• Also another stupid question: Will a Lunar using their charms to turn people into Beastfolk cost experience points?

Comment

• So, that sidebar on page 74 of the corebook basically says that Exigents are acceptable (or at least "not beyond redemption") to the Immaculate Order if they live correctly under the tenets of the Immaculate Philosophy.

What is their actual role there? Do Exigents join the Immaculate Order as monks? Are there other jobs they could undertake in order to "purify" the "taint" on their souls?

I'm guessing that gods who are obedient to the Immaculate Philosophy really aren't supposed to Exalt any new Exigents (that sounds like exactly the kind of interaction with mortals they ought not to have).

Comment

• Originally posted by Jefepato View Post
                        So, that sidebar on page 74 of the corebook basically says that Exigents are acceptable (or at least "not beyond redemption") to the Immaculate Order if they live correctly under the tenets of the Immaculate Philosophy.

What is their actual role there? Do Exigents join the Immaculate Order as monks? Are there other jobs they could undertake in order to "purify" the "taint" on their souls?

I'm guessing that gods who are obedient to the Immaculate Philosophy really aren't supposed to Exalt any new Exigents (that sounds like exactly the kind of interaction with mortals they ought not to have).
                        The Realm discusses this in detail.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Looking at the map, how much do you have to go into the borders before Creation stops being Creation and starts being the Wyld? For example, something like the Cinder Isles, do they follow normal Creation rules, not being very different from the Wavecrest Archipielago or Coral (in terms of physical weirdness, cultures would be completely different!) or they are places where "The fireflies are born from coals and can eat other fires" is just a logical thing?

Comment

• Are first age artifacts obviously such to anyone that sees them? Or in other words, if a young Dynast travelling the threshold finds an artifact, can he easily identify it as a first age artifact that should be handed over to the Empress? Obviously warstriders are very iconic and known as first age artifice, but I imagine there's some less well-known ones, too, right?

Some of me humble homebrew for ex3:
                            Artifacts for Crumple's DB homebrew
                            Some Lintha QCs
                            A Wyld Behemoth

Comment

• Originally posted by TGUEIROS View Post

Also, isn't one of the things about FA Artifacts that they have some basic unlocked Evocations? I don't remember where, but I thought I heard that before.
                              That's an idea that was previously under discussion, but ultimately discarded.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post

That's an idea that was previously under discussion, but ultimately discarded.
                                Ah ok! Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

Working...
                                X