This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TDS View Post
    Are first age artifacts obviously such to anyone that sees them? Or in other words, if a young Dynast travelling the threshold finds an artifact, can he easily identify it as a first age artifact that should be handed over to the Empress? Obviously warstriders are very iconic and known as first age artifice, but I imagine there's some less well-known ones, too, right?
    First Age Artifice isn't a visual theme; it's not something the untrained viewer can casually assess. And artifacts requiring First Age Artifice aren't the same thing as artifacts dating back to the First Age.

Developer for Exalted.

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clophiroth View Post
      Looking at the map, how much do you have to go into the borders before Creation stops being Creation and starts being the Wyld? For example, something like the Cinder Isles, do they follow normal Creation rules, not being very different from the Wavecrest Archipielago or Coral (in terms of physical weirdness, cultures would be completely different!) or they are places where "The fireflies are born from coals and can eat other fires" is just a logical thing?
      The Wyld isn't exclusively at the borders of the map; there are patches of Wyld scattered across the Threshold. (Regarding your examples, there are noteworthy Wyld zones in the Wavecrest Archipelago.)

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Is it still the case that a nemissary or other possessing entity is violently ejected from its host if they enter the Underworld/a shadowland at night?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
          Is it still the case that a nemissary or other possessing entity is violently ejected from its host if they enter the Underworld/a shadowland at night?
          Probably not? To be honest, I don't actually remember that rule, so I can't say why it was justified in the first place.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Would an upgrade charm that allowed Perfect Climbing Attitude to work on trees and wooden structures as a Wood charm be allowed?

Does Perfect Climbing Attitude work only on stone or does brick count? Adobe?

Placeholder

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
              Would an upgrade charm that allowed Perfect Climbing Attitude to work on trees and wooden structures as a Wood charm be allowed?
              Sure, that makes sense.

Does Perfect Climbing Attitude work only on stone or does brick count? Adobe?
              I'd treat both bricks and adobe as basically stone.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post
                Probably not? To be honest, I don't actually remember that rule, so I can't say why it was justified in the first place.
                Ghosts aren't immaterial in the Underworld, thus they aren't immaterial in shadowlands at night. At least in 1e, you had to be immaterial to use Arcanoi to possess a corpse or living body, so any effect that rendered you material would also shunt you out of a body you were inhabiting.

Basically, you could replace my question with, "Does a nemissary have to be dematerialized to possess a corpse?"

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                  Ghosts aren't immaterial in the Underworld, thus they aren't immaterial in shadowlands at night. At least in 1e, you had to be immaterial to use Arcanoi to possess a corpse or living body, so any effect that rendered you material would also shunt you out of a body you were inhabiting.

Basically, you could replace my question with, "Does a nemissary have to be dematerialized to possess a corpse?"
                  Probably not? I don't want to tie our hands regarding the specific mechanics of dematerialization vis-a-vis spiritual realms and/or possession; I just think that nemissaries having to ditch their bodies "at the door" is kind of silly and to be avoided. Exactly how that'll dovetail with broader systems and interactions is up in the air.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post
                    Probably not? I don't want to tie our hands regarding the specific mechanics of dematerialization vis-a-vis spiritual realms and/or possession; I just think that nemissaries having to ditch their bodies "at the door" is kind of silly and to be avoided. Exactly how that'll dovetail with broader systems and interactions is up in the air.
                    That's fair, thank you for your time.

One more question: what sort of name would you give a Jurassic Park-type zoo set up by a Cynis in the River Province?
                    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 05-14-2018, 04:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                      Sure, that makes sense.
                      What about glacial walls of ice?

Also, for Earth Bears Witness.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
                        What about glacial walls of ice?

Also, for Earth Bears Witness.
                        As Air-aspected upgrades, sure.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• I have a question, when your testing a new exalt what kind of white room scenarios and playtesting do you do to check their feel and balance? How are those structured?

Comment

• Are there any Wyld Realm satrapies? Like, one of those islands of stability scattered about, or a Wyld zone in the Threshold? Are there any beastmen-dominated cultures under Realm suzerainty rather than Lunar influence?

Comment

• Originally posted by korekore View Post
                              I have a question, when your testing a new exalt what kind of white room scenarios and playtesting do you do to check their feel and balance? How are those structured?
                              Playtesting can take on many forms, but it never happens in a white room.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Anaximander View Post
                                Are there any Wyld Realm satrapies? Like, one of those islands of stability scattered about, or a Wyld zone in the Threshold?
                                The Wavecrest Archipelago, which Eric mentioned, is the first example that comes to mind.

Are there any beastmen-dominated cultures under Realm suzerainty rather than Lunar influence?
                                I wouldn't be particularly surprised.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X