Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How close in size are the four dudes holding up Palanquin, to the Penitent on whom the Lap is built?

Comment

• It was said that Lunars can hunt people through dreams, could that work exactly?

Comment

• Originally posted by ReshyShira View Post
        It was said that Lunars can hunt people through dreams, could that work exactly?
        Unfortunately, I can't really give that much of an answer without just posting the full text of the Charm in question.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
          Playtesting can take on many forms, but it never happens in a white room.
          How would you go about playtesting a new exalt type?

Comment

• When making an attack through Solar Counterattack, when does the Solar reset to base initiative? Immediately after their attack resolves (when the opponent has yet to roll damage), or after both attacks resolve?

On a tangentially related note, Peony Blossom Technique is Reflexive; can you use it on an opponent's action tick to Clash? If you can, how does it interact with Iron Whirlwind Attack's ability to be used immediately after Peony Blossom Technique as if it were also Reflexive?

Comment

• Originally posted by korekore View Post

How would you go about playtesting a new exalt type?
              Same way I would with Dragon-Blooded or Lunars, run them in multiple sessions of play.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by ElOhTeeBee View Post
                When making an attack through Solar Counterattack, when does the Solar reset to base initiative? Immediately after their attack resolves (when the opponent has yet to roll damage), or after both attacks resolve?
                You'd reset before they roll damage.

On a tangentially related note, Peony Blossom Technique is Reflexive; can you use it on an opponent's action tick to Clash? If you can, how does it interact with Iron Whirlwind Attack's ability to be used immediately after Peony Blossom Technique as if it were also Reflexive?
                Can't use Peony Blossom Technique or similar effects to force a clash.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Can't use Peony Blossom Technique or similar effects to force a clash.
                  So the Clash keyword would probably be used to denote the exceptions.

In which case, it needs errata, since at the moment it only restricts use by forbidding use against Charms with the Counterattack keyword.

Thunderclap Rush Attack acts like the Clash keyword actually enables rather than restricts, too.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
                    So the Clash keyword would probably be used to denote the exceptions.

In which case, it needs errata, since at the moment it only restricts use by forbidding use against Charms with the Counterattack keyword.

Thunderclap Rush Attack acts like the Clash keyword actually enables rather than restricts, too.
                    Or it's just a case of "things only let you force a clash if they say they let you force a clash," which I'm fine with.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Or it's just a case of "things only let you force a clash if they say they let you force a clash," which I'm fine with.
                      So reflexive 'act/attack whenever you want' effects shouldn't work to force free clashes? Then the rule saying 'you clash if you attack someone at the same time they attack you' needs some clarification/errata.

Some of me humble homebrew for ex3:
                      Artifacts for Crumple's DB homebrew
                      Some Lintha QCs
                      A Wyld Behemoth

Comment

• Do you guys ever define more specific "benchmarks" for the charms of a given Exalt in a given area? Like "Solar Melee, at Essence 3, can make X attacks, with Y bonus to Attack, with Z Bonus damage, for A motes, B Will, and C other costs." I get that there are lots of nuances, but I could imagine the benchmarks helping figure out what to shoot for.

Or is it a more holistic approach?

Comment

• If a Beastman Exalts as a Lunar with a spirit shape different than their Beastman-type, would their hybrid form inherently mix the features of their native beastman form and their spirit shape animal, or would that take the chimera Charm, and without it their hybrid form would just mix their spirit shape animal and “normal” human instead of their Beastman animal?

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
                            If a Beastman Exalts as a Lunar with a spirit shape different than their Beastman-type, would their hybrid form inherently mix the features of their native beastman form and their spirit shape animal, or would that take the chimera Charm, and without it their hybrid form would just mix their spirit shape animal and “normal” human instead of their Beastman animal?
                            Probably the former, although beastfolk probably have a propensity towards taking the animal they descend from as their spirit shape because of its cultural importance to them.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
                              Do you guys ever define more specific "benchmarks" for the charms of a given Exalt in a given area? Like "Solar Melee, at Essence 3, can make X attacks, with Y bonus to Attack, with Z Bonus damage, for A motes, B Will, and C other costs." I get that there are lots of nuances, but I could imagine the benchmarks helping figure out what to shoot for.

Or is it a more holistic approach?
                              Doing that would be less useful, for two reasons:

A) The benchmarks that apply to [Solar Combat Ability X] are not going to be the same as the ones that apply to [Solar Combat Ability Y].

B) There are going to be places where, e.g., Lunars are going to dramatically outperform the equivalent Solar benchmarks, and that is not a bad or broken thing, because it's balanced out holistically.

At the end of the day, any benchmark you can formulate with any particularity is going to be subject to so many exceptions as to approach uselessness.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Paired short daiklaves: 5 motes to attune the set or 10 motes, five for each blade?

Comment

Working...
                                X