Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would a battle-group with envenomed weapons go about poisoning someone? Would it require a gambit, or do they just need to wait until they inflict actual damage?

Also, any advice on how to run a war between a Exalt with war-charms and armies, and a solitary Exalt with sorcery mounted on a Kaiju? Does the latter have immunity to strategic maneuvering and a host a war-charms by virtue of being an individual?

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
      Most of them aren't compatible with animal forms, although there are some exceptions.
      There doesn’t need to be any explicit mechanical support for those players who want to clutch a balde’s handle in their wolf jaws, though.

They can still use Evocations, they can’t use Martial Arts, and they might take an improvised weapon penalty, and their storytellers might require a Merit or Latent Ability, but that isn’t hard to homebrew.

No need for official support.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• As long as Zardoz doesn't mind, can I add on to that:
        What about an Exalt with an army and war charms and a solitary Exalt on, like, a horse? (Not a Kaiju)
        Could the general strategically manoeuvre his army to get the Ambush bonus, or Defences, or whatever?

And (this came up in conversation with a friend), could you use Strategic Manoeuvre to deny your opponent a decisive engagement? If not, how would you model a general manoeuvring his troops (outside of battle) to deny his opponent a decisive engagement? Just a straight Int+War roll, or something?

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• So this is an edge case that's come up in a game.

If a character's action creates an environmental hazard, such as by using Flight of the Brilliant Raptor to create a bonfire, and that environmental hazard reduces a Battlegroup's size, does that character get an Initiative Break? Is any Break even awarded in that situation? Thanks!

Comment

• How would you handle Strategic Maneuvering against an enemy that has no reason to expect a battle at all? What if they have no idea yet that there's even anyone around to fight?

Comment

• Originally posted by Zardoz View Post
              How would a battle-group with envenomed weapons go about poisoning someone? Would it require a gambit, or do they just need to wait until they inflict actual damage?
              They'd have to wait until their target is crashed.

Also, any advice on how to run a war between a Exalt with war-charms and armies, and a solitary Exalt with sorcery mounted on a Kaiju? Does the latter have immunity to strategic maneuvering and a host a war-charms by virtue of being an individual?
              I think the intent of the strategic warfare system is that it's only used when both sides are bringing an army.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Abakus View Post
                So this is an edge case that's come up in a game.

If a character's action creates an environmental hazard, such as by using Flight of the Brilliant Raptor to create a bonfire, and that environmental hazard reduces a Battlegroup's size, does that character get an Initiative Break?
                Yes. 10char

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Sith_Happens View Post
                  How would you handle Strategic Maneuvering against an enemy that has no reason to expect a battle at all? What if they have no idea yet that there's even anyone around to fight?
                  The unaware general doesn't get a chance to make an opposing roll.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Could an elemental develop powers outside its element? So, for example, could a Wood King of a forest in the farthest North develop some icy powers? Or if I want a tree-man who also can use ice powers, I need to go for a god/fae/demon/something like that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                      Only for artifacts that are compatible with their animal form, which usually means moonsilver armor.
                      So no pulling a Sif and being a giant wolf with a sword in your mouth?

Some of me humble homebrew for ex3:
                      Artifacts for Crumple's DB homebrew
                      Some Lintha QCs
                      A Wyld Behemoth

Comment

• I know they're a ways out, but is there any inclination of where Liminals and Geitemans fall on the Martial Arts/Sorcery scales?

"Life before Death, Strength before Weakness, Journey before Destination."

"I will protect those who cannot protect themselves"

Comment

• Got a quick-question on the Artifact Imprimatur from the DB manuscript: Is it intended that the weapon remain sheathed even when using its Evocations? Or is it perhaps meant to leave its sheath during "The Final Words of Queens"?

Comment

• Originally posted by Clophiroth View Post
                            Could an elemental develop powers outside its element? So, for example, could a Wood King of a forest in the farthest North develop some icy powers? Or if I want a tree-man who also can use ice powers, I need to go for a god/fae/demon/something like that?
                            It's unlikely, but I wouldn't call it impossible.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Marros56 View Post
                              I know they're a ways out, but is there any inclination of where Liminals and Geitemans fall on the Martial Arts/Sorcery scales?
                              Liminals are subject to the Terrestrial keyword. Getimians are comparable to Sidereals.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by spacenerd5792 View Post
                                Got a quick-question on the Artifact Imprimatur from the DB manuscript: Is it intended that the weapon remain sheathed even when using its Evocations? Or is it perhaps meant to leave its sheath during "The Final Words of Queens"?
                                It remains sheathed.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X