This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
    Will the Lunar Charmset enable Lunars to turn artifacts into other artifacts
    That seems more like Evocation territory to me.

“swap out” Evocations like the errata’ed form of Solar Celestial Reforging Technique?
    Enh. Maybe. I'd prefer they do their own thing in that regard.
    Last edited by Robert Vance; 05-17-2018, 04:28 PM.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Sith_Happens View Post
      Which Ability do you play Gateway with?
      Probably War. Larceny, if you're cheating.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by ReshyShira View Post
        Also, what's an example of a Mind-Warping, Soul-Warping, and Destiny-Warping effect, since they're all distinct and sound like they're more profound than a transitory effect?
        Shaping effects that mess with your mind, soul, or destiny, respectively. Lots of Sidereal Charms would fall under the umbrella of "destiny-warping."

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
          The last one.
          Cool.

What if someone wanted to make an armor that mimics the transformation of that spell without the wearer needing to be a Celestial Circle sorcerer?

Could that armor break the transformation’s various advantages and Charm-like effects into Evocations, or would even a 5-dot armor need to leave off the Evocations for weapons or the Evocations for toughness?
          Last edited by Sunder the Gold; 05-17-2018, 04:28 PM.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ketrus View Post
            Does the -3 penalty from Blindness apply to Defense? I don't see anything specifically stating that this is the case, but it seems odd that Defense does not suffer for fighting blind.
            It does not. The thought behind that was that it was too fiddly, and that the Tophs and Zatoichis of the world already had enough downside to deal with.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Ketrus View Post
              A question regarding Arms of the Chosen, page 73.

Are the additional reflexive attacks granted by Whirling Starfall Volley subject to the same one-attack-per-target limitation of Swarm-Culling Technique?
              Yes. 10char

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• There was a question earlier about how Yu-Shan scholars delineate the First and Second Ages as being divided by the Usurpation. Do they have another term for that, given "Usurpation" is obviously kinda loaded and there may be Sids present that actively assisted in it? Like the Sixth Terrestrial Uprising or some such? Or were the Sids careful enough that they basically let people call it that because most people don't actually know their coworkers at the Bureau might have been actively involved?

Comment

• Originally posted by OpMegs View Post
                  There was a question earlier about how Yu-Shan scholars delineate the First and Second Ages as being divided by the Usurpation. Do they have another term for that, given "Usurpation" is obviously kinda loaded and there may be Sids present that actively assisted in it? Like the Sixth Terrestrial Uprising or some such? Or were the Sids careful enough that they basically let people call it that because most people don't actually know their coworkers at the Bureau might have been actively involved?
                  The Bronze Faction and gods aligned with them might call it something different.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Does the +1 die from exceptional equipment count as a charm die?

Do the autmatic successes to Survival from Wild Guardian (Hundred Rivers from Daring Venture) count as charm successes?

My Mage 2e Homebrew

Comment

• Originally posted by Flinty View Post
                      Does the +1 die from exceptional equipment count as a charm die?
                      No.

Do the autmatic successes to Survival from Wild Guardian (Hundred Rivers from Daring Venture) count as charm successes?
                      No, bonuses from Merits don't count as a Charm bonus unless specified.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

That seems more like Evocation territory to me.
                        So, no breaking down the weapons and armor of a Wyld Hunt to make something new like Vengeant, or cannibalizing a storied Dynastic warstrider to make your own titan of the battlefield?

Or at least, no more reward for doing so than others enjoy?

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

That was my thought for a while but then I saw that Kes adds successes to it. Maybe he just has Master Game Player’s Meditation (War 1, Essence 1, Air, 2m/success to playing Gateway) instead of Tactics Mean Everytning?

Comment

Liminals are subject to the Terrestrial keyword. Getimians are comparable to Sidereals.
                            I find it interesting that when it comes to things outside of their native charms Getimains are usually equal to Sidereals: Martial Arts, Sorcery, and magical material. These two types of exalt seem so very closely tied together. It makes me wounder about who made them and how they relate to the 5 Maidens. So how powerful are their native charms, equal to, more powerful than, or weaker than Sidereals? Also can you tell us anything about their relative numbers? Or perhaps if they have a similar reincarnation method as other celestial exalts or if they have a different system?

Getimains are the new exalt group I am the most excited to see so any tidbits always gives the the hankering to find out more!

Comment

Cool. Thus coded is the trope that practicing chess go Gateway makes one a better military strategist.

Comment

Shaping effects that mess with your mind, soul, or destiny, respectively. Lots of Sidereal Charms would fall under the umbrella of "destiny-warping."

So sounds like quite powerful effects, are these things sorcery can do to an exalt?

How does one mess with an exalt's soul anyway due to that exaltation being in there?
                                Last edited by ReshyShira; 05-18-2018, 06:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X