This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post

N/A Artifacts are plot devices that operate almost on the level of Storyteller fiat, like the Eye of Autochthon. Their Evocations aren't just regular Evocations cranked up to a higher power level. They work on a higher scale and can transcend many of the implicit limitations of the setting. You'll see some examples in Arms. ^_^
    My craft supernal player brings up a point.

If N/A Artifacts are at the level of plot devices and Storyteller fiat, what does that look like when you get into N/A weapons and armors? Do they still function like weapons? Would their evocations be able to do combat things by fiat? If N/A weapons and armors cease to function like weapons, then the supernal crafter who wants to be the greatest weaponsmith in all of Creation gets to a point where becoming a better crafter doesn't make him a better weaponsmith.

Comment

• Originally posted by WalkingEye View Post
      My craft supernal player brings up a point.

If N/A Artifacts are at the level of plot devices and Storyteller fiat, what does that look like when you get into N/A weapons and armors? Do they still function like weapons? Would their evocations be able to do combat things by fiat? If N/A weapons and armors cease to function like weapons, then the supernal crafter who wants to be the greatest weaponsmith in all of Creation gets to a point where becoming a better crafter doesn't make him a better weaponsmith.
      They don't automatically win you fights. They allow you to escalate your battle-prowess to an untold level—unleashing a deadly strike that slays an army and raises its dead as zombies under your command, a warstrider roaring a single syllable of anti-language that negates the reality of everything in its path. World-defining power, but not in a way that adds a bajillion successes on rolls.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

a warstrider roaring a single syllable of anti-language that negates the reality of everything in its path.
        Man I need to watch RahXephon again now.

"Won't you believe in him? Even if there is no God, or Buddha...there is still Kamen Rider." —Taki Kazuya, Kamen Rider SPIRITS

Now...count up all your sins.

Comment

They don't automatically win you fights. They allow you to escalate your battle-prowess to an untold level—unleashing a deadly strike that slays an army and raises its dead as zombies under your command, a warstrider roaring a single syllable of anti-language that negates the reality of everything in its path. World-defining power, but not in a way that adds a bajillion successes on rolls.
          He thanks you for the quick response, and asks a follow up. Would these super powerful artifacts be less useful in common combat that 3 dots like Spring Razor which has evocations you might want to use every strike.

The power of an evocation and the frequency of which you can use it seem to be on opposite ends of a seesaw, and what he sees in the book the dot rating of an artifact doesn't seem to effect that. Do more Powerful artifacts allow you to use more powerful evocations more frequently? Or does that have no bearing on that at all?

Basically he says If he had a choice between an N/A artifact that can shout with its voice wiping out a city and raising them as an army of might 3 super beings but only once a decade or a version of Volcano cutter where he doesn't have to wait a season between uses of Pyroclastic Holocaust Judgement. He would pick The cutter.

Comment

a warstrider roaring a single syllable of anti-language that negates the reality of everything in its path.
            No one tell Darkseid.

Restoring demonic glory in Infernals:What Hell Has Wrought

Comment

• Let me see if i get lore. If i have Lore (scavenger lord), I can use it to introduce facts about ancient religion, history, geography and old customs. Is this ok?

Comment

• Eric Minton if possible, do you have any info you'd be willing to share about Prasad's caste system?

Leetsepeak's Ex3 Homebrew Hub - Hub of homebrew for Exalted 3rd Edition that I've made.

Comment

How much of that power would typically be gated behind evocations? Handing it all out up front seems a waste of the potential for awesome N/A evocations, but at the same time picking up a world-shattering N/A daiklave of infinite power and only getting +1 accuracy and +3 damage until you've spent a few weeks training with it feels wrong.

Infernals - To Rule in Hell (complete first draft)
                  3e Dragon Kings (complete)
                  My martial arts (includes Eye of Heaven, White Veil, Obsidian Shards and more)

Comment

• Originally posted by Leetsepeak View Post
                    Eric Minton if possible, do you have any info you'd be willing to share about Prasad's caste system?
                    I'm afraid not. We haven't had the chance to develop the area in detail, and I don't want to tie the hands of future writers with off-the-cuff public statements.

Developer for Exalted.

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Comment

• With Artifacts such as Bracers of Universal Crafting or the Belt of Shadow Walking, do these typically have Evocations? Is their entire powerset in what they do at attunement, typically? Is there any problem with these particular artifacts having Evocations? And if these Artifacts have Evocations, would they typically have fewer or less powerful Evocations?

​Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post

I'm afraid not. We haven't had the chance to develop the area in detail, and I don't want to tie the hands of future writers with off-the-cuff public statements.
                        Totally fair. Looking forward to it whenever it gets further developed.

Is there anything you'd be willing or able to say about Y'danna? Broad strokes or some hint of what the place is like?

Leetsepeak's Ex3 Homebrew Hub - Hub of homebrew for Exalted 3rd Edition that I've made.

Comment

• Another Warstrider question! Will Solars (and Solaroid friends!) going to be capable of unleashing markedly more powerful Evocations from Warstriders than DB's, as is the case with non-Warstrider Artifacts?

Comment

Not those. At least, not in canon.

I remember that in some mythology (or maybe a game) there was a cauldron where you boiled a corpse, and he came back to life "wrong", as a loyal almost zombie like thing. Is that type of artefact possible? And what would be its rating if it did?

Comment

Are you a fan of the Elder Scrolls series? Particularly the background lore? Because Numidium can do just that, and it is amazing. That's an actual Warstrider in the book and not a hypothetical power, right?

Onto my real question, can you clear up what the book means when referring to dual wielding weapons? You need paired swords to use Steel Devil, and identical weapons to benefit from the +2 dice to a clash attack. Does this mean I can just pick up Beloved Adorei and Spring Razor for this, or do I need one of those Two For One Artefact Specials that buying Short Daiklaves grants you?

Comment

• Know we're probably many, many years from any Autochthonia/Alchemicals material (), but having just reread 2e Autochthonia, Viator of Nullspace: still the coolest genocidal murder-machine or THE COOLESTST genocidal murder-machine?

Comment

Working...
                                X