Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which deathlord is the most unpleasant for an abyssal to work for? Which one is the most likely to receive a soulsteel coffee mug with "Best Boss Ever" written in old realm?

Comment

• A question about Solar Dodge:

Does using Vaporous Division to cancel all of the damage from a decisive attack count as successfully dodging the attack? More particularly, does such a "dodge" allow the Solar to continue gaining initiative from Refinement of Flowing Shadows or Flow Like Blood?

I'd been assuming attacks with damage negated by Vaporous Division are counted as though they successfully hit but dealt no damage, and would therefore disrupt Initiative gain, but I'd like a sanity check.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Lidless Eye That Sees View Post
        Which deathlord is the most unpleasant for an abyssal to work for? Which one is the most likely to receive a soulsteel coffee mug with "Best Boss Ever" written in old realm?
        I think that's a matter of perspective.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Catastronaut View Post
          A question about Solar Dodge:

Does using Vaporous Division to cancel all of the damage from a decisive attack count as successfully dodging the attack? More particularly, does such a "dodge" allow the Solar to continue gaining initiative from Refinement of Flowing Shadows or Flow Like Blood?

I'd been assuming attacks with damage negated by Vaporous Division are counted as though they successfully hit but dealt no damage, and would therefore disrupt Initiative gain, but I'd like a sanity check.
          Your assumption is correct.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• What happens if a person is hit with a charm that knocks them back range bands such as Heaven Thunder Hammer or Avenging Wind Strike but the target is chained to a cliff face or tied to a mast or similar?

Do they fly regardless and their chain breaks, mast snaps as appropriate or do they not move?

Comment

• If a normal-sized character with a large initiative pool were to make a decisive attack on a creature with legendary size, would the striking character be reset to base initiative even though their damage potential is limited? Or would only a portion of the initiative pool be used?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sticks View Post
                If a normal-sized character with a large initiative pool were to make a decisive attack on a creature with legendary size, would the striking character be reset to base initiative even though their damage potential is limited? Or would only a portion of the initiative pool be used?
                They reset as normal.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by soul_porpoise View Post
                  What happens if a person is hit with a charm that knocks them back range bands such as Heaven Thunder Hammer or Avenging Wind Strike but the target is chained to a cliff face or tied to a mast or similar?

Do they fly regardless and their chain breaks, mast snaps as appropriate or do they not move?
                  Storyteller call. Sometime's it's dramatically appropriate for the chain to snap as you go flying; other times, it makes sense for you to just smack against the mast hella hard, possibly cracking it.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by RustedAir View Post
                    When an excellency adds successes to a roll you can only add one per every two full dice in your cap, correct? IE if your cap is 5 you can only add 2 successes
                    I started second-guessing this when I read that the amount DBs can add to static values rounds up.
                    I'm probably gonna tweak the Dragon-Blooded dice cap for static values to bring it in line with the Solar one.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by rj.au View Post
                      Is Unbroken Image Focus's cost 3m+(1cxp per success) or (3m+1cxp) per success?
                      The former.

Do successes from Flawless Handiwork Method rerolls count as "on the initial roll" for Unbroken Image Focus?
                      Yes.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Im reading Spirit-Repelling Diagram, i find it hard to understand what it does and when i am supposed to use this charm.
                        First it says that spirits either materialize or get push out of the circle, then that spirits outside of the circle cant attack people inside (im guessing this is regardless if they were push back or not), and last it says that spirits who were push back cant attack characters within (so if a spirit is pushed back and then materializates, it cant come back to bite me?).

Is this supposed to be a defense specialized against spirits that attack at range? But then what is the point of the effect of pushing spirits back, but leaving inside the ones willing to eat my face?
                        I cat think of a situation where i would be near a dematerialized spirit or group of them and using this charm wouldnt cause them to materializate and attack me.

Comment

• Would using Cancel The Apocalypse on a Dragonblood allow you to reset or otherwise mess with their anima?

Comment

• Originally posted by SerCerriusLee View Post
                            Would using Cancel The Apocalypse on a Dragonblood allow you to reset or otherwise mess with their anima?
                            Nah, it only shuts down Charms.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by ale137 View Post
                              Im reading Spirit-Repelling Diagram, i find it hard to understand what it does and when i am supposed to use this charm.
                              First it says that spirits either materialize or get push out of the circle, then that spirits outside of the circle cant attack people inside (im guessing this is regardless if they were push back or not), and last it says that spirits who were push back cant attack characters within (so if a spirit is pushed back and then materializates, it cant come back to bite me?).

Is this supposed to be a defense specialized against spirits that attack at range? But then what is the point of the effect of pushing spirits back, but leaving inside the ones willing to eat my face?
                              I cat think of a situation where i would be near a dematerialized spirit or group of them and using this charm wouldnt cause them to materializate and attack me.
                              I think spirits that can do nasty stuff to you while dematerialized is the primary use case.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                                I think spirits that can do nasty stuff to you while dematerialized is the primary use case.
                                So this is a niche charm like Nine Specters Ban then?

Do we have published spirits that do things while dematerialized?

Comment

Working...
                                X