This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorcery questions for Robert Vance:
    • What happens if I use Unslakable Thirst of the Devil Maw on an Impervious Sphere of Water? Does UTotDM fail or does the ISoW collapse?
    • What happens if I use Death Ray on an Impervious Sphere of Water? The sorcerer is behind full cover, and thus ranged attacks are impossible, but Death Ray obliterates cover.
    • What happens if I use Beckoning That Which Stirs The Sky when someone else has cast Rain of Doom? Can is dispel the Rain of Doom?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nilihum View Post
      [*]What happens if I use Unslakable Thirst of the Devil Maw on an Impervious Sphere of Water? Does UTotDM fail or does the ISoW collapse?
      Storyteller call; at the very least, the Impervious Sphere isn't going to offer any cover. It'll take a chunk out of the Sphere, but not enough to collapse it entirely. The Storyteller can adjudicate any effects this has.

[*]What happens if I use Death Ray on an Impervious Sphere of Water? The sorcerer is behind full cover, and thus ranged attacks are impossible, but Death Ray obliterates cover.
      I think it's gonna boil that Impervious Sphere into perviousness. Being inside a sphere of boiling water probably sucks a whole bunch, at the Storyteller's discretion.

[*]What happens if I use Beckoning That Which Stirs The Sky when someone else has cast Rain of Doom? Can is dispel the Rain of Doom?
      Nope.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• What's more likely to have priority in the upcoming schedule?

The Topics of:

Demons

Gods

Elementals

Raksha

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

• Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
          What's more likely to have priority in the upcoming schedule?

The Topics of:

Demons

Gods

Elementals

Raksha
          Demons, gods, and elementals should all get coverage in the smaller books between Exigents and Sidereals, assuming our planned pitches get approved.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
            Not weaker, per se, but they have a lot more of the Simple keyword, and other siloing mechanics that keep you from just throwing all your goodstuff on every roll.
            Does this mean that the Lunars will be more reliant on Martial Arts and Evocations to compensate for the lack of internal synergy?
            Last edited by ReshyShira; 05-21-2018, 05:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ReshyShira View Post
              Does this mean that the Lunars will be more reliant on Martial Arts and Evocations to compensate for the lack of internal synergy?
              No. Lunars who use Martial Arts or Evocations are losing access to, or at least putting obstacles in the way of other sources of power in their Charms (animal shapeshifting and Deadly Beastman Transformation, respectively).

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Are there any splats that will have an above-average number of synergy between their Charms, the same way Lunars have a below-average number due to all those Simple Charms? Because finding cool combinations between many different Charms is something I enjoy quite a bit.

Some of me humble homebrew for ex3:
                Artifacts for Crumple's DB homebrew
                Some Lintha QCs
                A Wyld Behemoth

Comment

• Originally posted by TDS View Post
                  Are there any splats that will have an above-average number of synergy between their Charms, the same way Lunars have a below-average number due to all those Simple Charms? Because finding cool combinations between many different Charms is something I enjoy quite a bit.
                  I don't think Lunars have a below-average number.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Why is it harder for a dragonblooded to learn sorcery than a mortal?

Comment

No. Lunars who use Martial Arts or Evocations are losing access to, or at least putting obstacles in the way of other sources of power in their Charms (animal shapeshifting and Deadly Beastman Transformation, respectively).
                      Would it be possible for a Lunar to build a Moonsilver Artifact Weapon, say Razor Claws, that shifted to work with/enhance any claw attacks they might have in animal form/DBT? If so, what considerations would need to be kept in mind while building said artifact's evocation tree?

Comment

Right now I have ~200 Lunar Charms completely written, and several more outlined. That's just me; I'm not the only writer working on it.
                        How large do you expect the Lunar Charmset to be compared to Dragon-Blooded? Do you have an approximate target number per Attribute planned, or anything like that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Phoenix_Kensai View Post

How large do you expect the Lunar Charmset to be compared to Dragon-Blooded? Do you have an approximate target number per Attribute planned, or anything like that?
                          Roughly the same size.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

I don't think Lunars have a below-average number.
                            Sorry for misunderstanding you, then. Still, are there any splats that will be more well-suited to throwing (all) the good stuff on an attack? Sids because they can combine multiple styles together with unarmed attacks, maybe?

Some of me humble homebrew for ex3:
                            Artifacts for Crumple's DB homebrew
                            Some Lintha QCs
                            A Wyld Behemoth

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
                              Would it be possible for a Lunar to build a Moonsilver Artifact Weapon, say Razor Claws, that shifted to work with/enhance any claw attacks they might have in animal form/DBT? If so, what considerations would need to be kept in mind while building said artifact's evocation tree?
                              Deadly Beastman Transformation, you can already use artifact weapons with, you just gotta suck up diminished resonance.

Animal forms...well, they've got a fun Charm for that.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by TDS View Post
                                Sorry for misunderstanding you, then. Still, are there any splats that will be more well-suited to throwing (all) the good stuff on an attack? Sids because they can combine multiple styles together with unarmed attacks, maybe?
                                No, being able to throw all your Charms on one attack is something we try to avoid, because it minimizes decision-making.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X