This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ReshyShira View Post
    Why is it harder for a dragonblooded to learn sorcery than a mortal?
    In the setting, it's not harder. Charms aren't things-in-themselves; the Occult Charm prerequisite simply reflects the fact that Dragon-Blooded sorcerers, or precocious mortal sorcerers who Exalt as Dragon-Blooded, are going to be superhumanly skilled in the secret ways of mysticism.

From a design perspective, sorcery is extremely good for Dragon-Blooded. Putting a Charm prerequisite on it discourages Every Dragon-Blooded PC Ever from dipping it.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
      No, being able to throw all your Charms on one attack is something we try to avoid, because it minimizes decision-making.
      We can assume Solars are the "high-water mark" there, yes? We only have one other Charmset to compare right now, but being able to form big charm combos is certainly one of the reasons Solars are way stronger than DBs.

You need a picture altered to fit your Exalted character, or just looking for some visual inspiration? Check out the twice-reborn Exaltification thread. And here is my Deviantart page

Søren Kierkegaard + Kim Kardashian = Brilliance

Comment

• Originally posted by danelsan View Post

We can assume Solars are the "high-water mark" there, yes? We only have one other Charmset to compare right now, but being able to form big charm combos is certainly one of the reasons Solars are way stronger than DBs.
        I suspect Lunars and Sidereals will end up on similar footing, if not exactly equal.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Hi Robert and Eric, I’ve been away from the forums for quite some time unfortunately as my normal TTRPG group started focusing on starwars but I wanted to saw that it is really amazing seeing everything that has already happened since the last time I was here with repect to the dragon blooded book.

I unfortunatey missed the Kickstarter but I am very excited to see its successful completion, and the question I have pertains to it.

Im very interested in seeing how things work in the dragon blooded charm sets and rules, espeacially when it comes to dragon blooded craft, and it seems like there are already a lot of people who have access to that information. Is that then backer only accessible information or is there a way that other members of the community can access it while we wait for the books and the pdf to come out?

Thankyou so so much for you tome and you continued dedication to the community, it is very much appreciated.

Elemental and dragon line descriptors and capturing device coming soon
          Craft Rewrite W/ Points, Slots, and Charms
          Executive Leadership Organization Merrit

Comment

• Originally posted by norraba View Post
            Hi Robert and Eric, I’ve been away from the forums for quite some time unfortunately as my normal TTRPG group started focusing on starwars but I wanted to saw that it is really amazing seeing everything that has already happened since the last time I was here with repect to the dragon blooded book.

I unfortunatey missed the Kickstarter but I am very excited to see its successful completion, and the question I have pertains to it.

Im very interested in seeing how things work in the dragon blooded charm sets and rules, espeacially when it comes to dragon blooded craft, and it seems like there are already a lot of people who have access to that information. Is that then backer only accessible information or is there a way that other members of the community can access it while we wait for the books and the pdf to come out?

Thankyou so so much for you tome and you continued dedication to the community, it is very much appreciated.
            I don't know of any official way for non-backers to access the backer previews.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
              I don't know of any official way for non-backers to access the backer previews.
              Lol that is fine, and mostly what I expected, I’ll have to wait patiently for it then, thankyou for all your swift answer.

Elemental and dragon line descriptors and capturing device coming soon
              Craft Rewrite W/ Points, Slots, and Charms
              Executive Leadership Organization Merrit

Comment

• #NotADev, but generally, once Backekit opens up, you'll be able pre-order through that, and get access to the previews, at least that is what has happened with other recent OP KS.

Raksha are my fae-vorite.

Reincarnation of magnificentmomo.

Comment

• I have a question I would like to pose regarding spells. For spells with a fixed duration for example Invulnerable Skin of Bronze Incomparable Body Arsenal in particular, If there a way to end their effects early if the sorcerer wishes to do so ? I was not able to find anything in the Core book that covered this and was unsure if once cast it runs the full time or if it could be ended voluntarily by the sorcerer early if they chose.

Comment

• Originally posted by drakor View Post
                    I have a question I would like to pose regarding spells. For spells with a fixed duration for example Invulnerable Skin of Bronze Incomparable Body Arsenal in particular, If there a way to end their effects early if the sorcerer wishes to do so ?
                    Nope. 10char

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Well, you can make ISoB explode, but that's a bit more involved than just turning it off.

Comment

• How hard is to get Yozi poison in Malfeas?
                        Last edited by Sakii; 05-22-2018, 10:21 PM.

Comment

• Will a Lunar be able to take on a Warstrider under their own power (using charms and the like), or will they be disadvantaged unless they too use a warstrider?

Comment

• So, I was just looking at Titanic Fist Devastation (Weapons of the Chosen p. 29). If it does 3+ levels of damage, you can reflexively use Mammoth Slam Quake, waiving its Willpower cost.

Mammoth Slam Quake doesn't cost any Willpower, though -- only motes and charges. Should that be "waiving its mote cost" or something?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sakii View Post
                              How hard is to get Yozi poison in Malfeas?
                              Off the top of my head, I'd call it a major crafting project that can only be attempted in the Demon City. We may give it more attention in the future.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by ReshyShira View Post
                                Will a Lunar be able to take on a Warstrider under their own power (using charms and the like), or will they be disadvantaged unless they too use a warstrider?
                                Being able to turn into a Legendary Size daikaiju is a noteworthy advantage for taking on warstriders, although depending on the Evocations of the warstrider in question, you may still be in for a helluva fight.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X