This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nilihum View Post

Are you a fan of the Elder Scrolls series? Particularly the background lore? Because Numidium can do just that, and it is amazing. That's an actual Warstrider in the book and not a hypothetical power, right?
    Caught it!

Onto my real question, can you clear up what the book means when referring to dual wielding weapons? You need paired swords to use Steel Devil, and identical weapons to benefit from the +2 dice to a clash attack. Does this mean I can just pick up Beloved Adorei and Spring Razor for this, or do I need one of those Two For One Artefact Specials that buying Short Daiklaves grants you?
    In order to count as dual wielding, they both have to be the same type of weapon, but not necessarily a "paired special."

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
      Caught it!
      I don't suppose we will be getting a Walk-Brass Tower in Arms... wait a sec... Karvara the Walking Devil Tower... you sir are entirely too sneaky! (Not suggesting that it is a moving anti-elemental pole but still a fun reference)

Well I better start thinking of a minor Exalted race to melt down into a warstrider. Will we be seeing any soulsteel warstriders incidentally?

Also in the spirit of TES references, is it possible for a spirit to psuedo-mantle another spirit? Like say a demon mantling a forest god?
      Last edited by Gigaton-Falcon-Emu; 04-19-2017, 12:05 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaddar View Post

I remember that in some mythology (or maybe a game) there was a cauldron where you boiled a corpse, and he came back to life "wrong", as a loyal almost zombie like thing. Is that type of artefact possible? And what would be its rating if it did?
        That sounds like the Black Cauldron in Lloyd Alexander's Prydain Chonicles (and the Disney movie, based on the first two books in the series), which is in turn based on the magic cauldron of Bran in Welsh Mythology as recorded in the Mabinogion, although Bran's cauldron just brought warriors placed in it back to life, without any unpleasant side-effects noted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wandering View Post
          That sounds like the Black Cauldron in Lloyd Alexander's Prydain Chonicles (and the Disney movie, based on the first two books in the series), which is in turn based on the magic cauldron of Bran in Welsh Mythology as recorded in the Mabinogion, although Bran's cauldron just brought warriors placed in it back to life, without any unpleasant side-effects noted.
          They couldn't speak, and I think also obeyed the ones who raised them even if they were enemies, so likely didn't have their own wills.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
            They couldn't speak, and I think also obeyed the ones who raised them even if they were enemies, so likely didn't have their own wills.
            Thanks for the correction. That wasn't coming up in any of the summaries I was finding, which just goes to show I really need to find a decent translation so I can read it for myself. Although, it is noted that the Welsh warrior who ended up destroying the cauldron had to hide himself among the Irish dead to be thrown inside, so it sounds like they weren't really interested in bringing the enemy soldiers back to life.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
              This seems kind of obvious, but do DBs get some kind of advantage when using a charm that's in-element? What might that be? The old surcharge system was hated, of course, but on the other hand, one assumes that Fire Aspects are somehow better (or can buy more easily) at fire charms than Water Aspects are.
              Or is it something like the old Dragon-Graced Weapon, where you start a tree with your own element, and then can spread out into other elements? So an Earth Aspect and a Water Aspect use Athletics charms with the same rules, but the Water Aspect's first charm is walk-on-water, and the Earth Aspect's first charm is strength-of-the-earth?
              Or something else entirely? Favoured xp costs, lower prereqs, whatever?
              Indeed, enquiring minds want to know about this. How will Element Charms and Aspect interact?

Is out-of-aspect surcharge still a thing, or will we use more of a resonance model? Also, will their be any interaction with Anima banners?

Comment

• I'm curious about orichalcum artifacts and their ability to wield elemental magic. How do you distinguish between this aspect of orichalcum and jade?

To make the question more specific, Stormcaller is a very overtly elemental weapon. If it was, say, a blue jade daiklave that contained a trapped Storm Serpent at its core, what would be different? Conversely, how would an orichalcum Volcano Cutter be different?

A Clutch of Dragons: Hub Thread, Presence, Resistance, Ride, Sail, Socialize Stealth, Survival, Thrown, War, First Draft pdf<NEW

Comment

• I know this is a thread about asking the devs stuff, but I'd like to ask Stephen Lea Shepperd something (since he wrote Tomb of Dreams), but the devs can certainly answer.

- How do you feel about the old Time of Tumult adventures for 1E if you look back at them today? Do you think someone can find worth in them now with the Exalted we have today? How do you think they would play in the 3E setting if they were adapted for the new game system?

Ekorren's Homebrew Hub - Last Update: July 10, 2017

Comment

• Regarding the Wrackstaff Gnomon, can you switch to another weapon and use it in the frozen time? Even if only as a stunt? Keen to replicate Dio's knife throwing barrage.

Comment

• 1) Presence was one of my favorite Abilities to have as Aspect/Favored when making DBs - do you feel I'll enjoy it as much this time 'round?

2) What was your favorite DB Charm tree prior to Ex3?

3) What's your favorite DB Charm tree presently?

Comment

• 1) The Charm cards were really awesome and our group found them super valuable. Is that something you could see creating for future splat books as well? If not, what about a blank template (using the same formatting) that players could fill in their own stuff with?

And if you're not the people who make that decision, how do you like the idea and are you able to pass it on to the people/person who does make that decision?

2) I know you said you'd likely do an adjustment pass over the artifacts in the core book to account for Resonant/Dissonant effects. But for those of us who homebrew artifacts, can we get some quick insight for how you might adjust the original design of Attunment bonuses in that regard? If an artifact originally granted a +1 join battle bonus to Solars and Dragonblooded who attune to a hammer, how would that convert into Resonant/Dissonant wording?

My first guess would be something like "Resonant exalts gain a +1 join battle bonus" or something.
                        Last edited by The Unsung Hero; 04-19-2017, 09:59 AM.

I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
                        I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

• A couple questions I have from the Arms of the Chosen preview thread. Is there a power tier structure for the Magical Materials? In other words, if I have an Orichalcum Daiklave and a Jade Daiklave, and both give me a ranged attack, both cost the same amount to activate and both are the same depth in the tree, should the Orichalcum attack be mechanically superior to the Jade one?

And related, are there any mechanical effects that are explicitly the domain of only a subset of the magical materials? For example, only Moonsilver can boost a disarm gambit, or Soulsteel cannot create positive intimicies.

Comment

• Question re: interaction between "Burning Coal Fist" (evocation of Candent Carbuncle, p.607) and "Hammer on Iron Technique."

BCF supplementing the simple HoIT, one reading suggests that activating BCF once (i.e., 3m) effects the entire series of attacks generated by HoIT (i.e., allowing x 10s to reroll per attack).

Is that intended, or should it be 3m per attack created by HoIT?
                            Last edited by mizzlfoshizzl; 04-19-2017, 11:54 AM. Reason: EDIT: improved formatting for clarity

Comment

• This may be too much of a direct question, but how many Evocations do Artifacts usually have? I know there are going to be exceptions to the rule but is there a general range that most Artifacts will fall in with the number of Evocations in the book?

Comment

• Originally posted by Flare View Post
                                This may be too much of a direct question, but how many Evocations do Artifacts usually have? I know there are going to be exceptions to the rule but is there a general range that most Artifacts will fall in with the number of Evocations in the book?
                                While it's not a "usual number" answer, someone earlier in the thread asked what's the max number an artifact can have and Minton responded with this, which might give some insight.

Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post
                                One weapon currently has ten, but it's an outlier. I'm not even going to count for warstriders.

I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
                                I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

Working...
                                X