X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
    5 XP, plus 0-4 Solar XP.

The Circle's got the heroin-peddling merchant prince cornered at the end of the fight, in which Grizzled Dawn Lady has beaten him down. "Everything in me wants to keep hitting you until I can't hit anymore," Grizzled Dawn Lady says, "But it wasn't my city you poisoned." Grizzled Dawn Lady's player turns to Righteous Zenith Lady's player, and indicates it's time to do her thing.

Alright, I'm asking since that confirms what I've experienced thus far, in that solar experience isn't a given; is it's safe to assume the game isn't balanced around characters getting 4 solar xp per session and thus STs need to be careful about when to hand it out?

Also, in that aforementioned situation, what if the Twilight or Eclipse is there, could also take over (And perhaps might be just as relevant as the Zenith to take over); but choose not to. Is that Ceding the Scene to the Zenith as well?

Comment

Yes, although the Dusk Caste hews closer to the Dawn than the Azimuth Caste, as is the general rule with Abyssals/Infernals.
      Oh, you think you're real cute, huh?

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
      Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
      https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Extremely possible.

It's more shapeshifting I'm thinking about, in that regard. That said, it's much more likely they'll end up with sorcery favored than Martial Arts favored.

Nah.

Part of it, but not the whole thing.
        That doesn't help with the concern considering still
        An exalteds power shouldn't be measured in the Xp cost
        And having an obvious Xp disparity that you can't help since the option wasn't there isn't fun
        If it is a too powerful combination with an option of getting a discount for 8xp it will still be for 10xp
        All it does in the end with not being able to favour MA and sorcery so you can get your Monkey King Concept or Circe cooncept is slow down the fun and discourage those usage
        And if the argument is Evocation, non can favor evocation aka non can get a discount which is fine then, since everyone is on equal fotting. A splat shouldn't come with built in XP disparity because of no option of favoring those two. and I hold that thought also for Liminals and getimins

Comment

In terms of raw hotdog capacity, I'd probably give it to Lunars, but I still wouldn't bet against a Solar in a competition.
          How many extra stomachs would a Liminal have to loot to be in the running?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
            Does Walker in Darkness still have a six-headed puppy?
            It's okay if you're reluctant to answer this just yet, but I figured I'd bump my question.

Comment

• Originally posted by ReshyShira View Post
              Alright, I'm asking since that confirms what I've experienced thus far, in that solar experience isn't a given; is it's safe to assume the game isn't balanced around characters getting 4 solar xp per session and thus STs need to be careful about when to hand it out?
              I've run with just giving a flat 4 Solar XP a session, and nothing breaks.

Also, in that aforementioned situation, what if the Twilight or Eclipse is there, could also take over (And perhaps might be just as relevant as the Zenith to take over); but choose not to. Is that Ceding the Scene to the Zenith as well?
              Yeah. An out-of-character, "Nah, I'm gonna let Righteous Zenith Lady's player take this, she's earned it" suffices.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• On Golden Janissary's capstone and its mastery effect.

The Mastery says I get to Devil-Slaying Spear Dance to rush against everything I illuminated with the capstone.
                Do I pay for it once? Once per target? Not at at all?

It also works explicitly after resetting to base initiative from the Lone Spark decisive, but it also says at the end that you don't reset to base until you're done with the string of attacks. Does this actually have any effect? As worded my interpretation is that all those attacks are already being made at base initiative so that clause does nothing.

Comment

• Does Walker in Darkness still have a six-headed puppy?
                  Haven't pinned down his retinue, although you know I'm biased.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post

Oh, you think you're real cute, huh?
                    What's the point of being a dev if you can't just off-handedly drop revelations?

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Synapse View Post
                      On Golden Janissary's capstone and its mastery effect.

The Mastery says I get to Devil-Slaying Spear Dance to rush against everything I illuminated with the capstone.
                      Do I pay for it once? Once per target? Not at at all?
                      You only have to pay it once.

It also works explicitly after resetting to base initiative from the Lone Spark decisive, but it also says at the end that you don't reset to base until you're done with the string of attacks. Does this actually have any effect? As worded my interpretation is that all those attacks are already being made at base initiative so that clause does nothing.
                      You're correct; that clause is just in case you've got something that lets you get extra Initiative somewhere between the beginning and end of the string of attacks.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Gotcha. Time to fish for those...

Comment

I've run with just giving a flat 4 Solar XP a session, and nothing breaks.

Yeah. An out-of-character, "Nah, I'm gonna let Righteous Zenith Lady's player take this, she's earned it" suffices.

So, would you say that a ST doesn't need to be stingy about giving out solar experience?

Comment

What's the point of being a dev if you can't just off-handedly drop revelations?
                            In that case, care to tell us the name of your favorite Lunar charm that you wrote?

Comment

• So Grand Cherak was broken apart by Bagrash Köl right? When exactly did that happen, and did Jochim have any effect on that territory later, if Grand Cherak survived its brush with Köl?

Comment

• Originally posted by VioletDreamer View Post
                                So Grand Cherak was broken apart by Bagrash Köl right? When exactly did that happen, and did Jochim have any effect on that territory later, if Grand Cherak survived its brush with Köl?
                                Grand Cherak was conquered by Bagrash Köl, but was split up into satrapies by the Empress after Bagrash Köl's empire fell apart around RY 176. I'm not sure whether Jochim's reach extended to the Cheraki territories; that didn't come up in the 3e Cherak material in The Reaim, which only mentions Jochim in the context of Pneuma and its neighbors.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

Working...
                                X