Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would there ever be any Exalted that don't have iconic animas?

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
    Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• Speaking of these weeklies, will they be compiled in a full pdf at some point for purchasing as one document and not cluttering up our Exalted folders with lots of small documents?

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpharius View Post
        Speaking of these weeklies, will they be compiled in a full pdf at some point for purchasing as one document and not cluttering up our Exalted folders with lots of small documents?
        Yes, once they're completed.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
          Would there ever be any Exalted that don't have iconic animas?
          I don't see any benefit to denying a type of Exalted a cool way of customizing their visual look.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
            When you're a newly-Exalted demigod, your soul surging with newfound power and the unchecked drive of Essence fever, your first priority probably isn't going to be acting as someone else's subordinate. Many outcastes Exalt in societies with patron gods, or temporal leaders, and the majority of them don't end up in service to those figures. It's a thing that can happen, but it's far from the default.

Cooperation between Lunars and Dragon-Blooded is more likely to take the form of the Silver Pact collaborating with established outcaste groups that aren't connected to the Realm or other Shogunate remnants, such as the Grass Spiders.

At the same time though, Lunars are making societies, and shaping their culture and ethics of those living within and I could definitely see them going and grooming any dragonblooded they can get a hold of that aren't already established elsewhere and taking them under their wing. I dunno if the first age has been changed, but it's likely that there's some Lunars that remember when the Deebs were acting as the agents of the celestial exalted and may attempt to recreate that through one means or another. With that in mind, the Lunars also have had centuries to prepare things, and I wouldn't think it unreasonable that somewhere in creation there might be a Lunar (or group of lunars) who have control or influence over a dragonblooded bloodline through one means or another. Is this just emphatically something that would not or should not ever happen? Because, at least for me, it could be an interesting bit of flavor if there's dragonblooded that have been "corrupted" by the anathema.

Also, probably a stupid question but can an Exalt of another flavor have dragonblooded children or is the process of exaltation into a non-deeb invalidating of even a mortal's chance of having a dragonblooded offspring?

In addition, I saw in the Exalted chat that Sorcery does not have somatic components, so what are the apparent signs of sorcery shaping (if any) by another character?

Lastly, does a Deeb not strongly in the know see Sidereals as Anathema since they glow similarly to the Lunar/Solar anathema and are far more powerful than a dragonblooded is?
            Last edited by ReshyShira; 05-31-2018, 05:14 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ReshyShira View Post
              At the same time though, Lunars are making societies, and shaping their culture and ethics of those living within and I could definitely see them going and grooming any dragonblooded they can get a hold of that aren't already established elsewhere and taking them under their wing. I dunno if the first age has been changed, but it's likely that there's some Lunars that remember when the Deebs were acting as the agents of the celestial exalted and may attempt to recreate that through one means or another. With that in mind, the Lunars also have had centuries to prepare things, and I wouldn't think it unreasonable that somewhere in creation there might be a Lunar (or group of lunars) who have control or influence over a dragonblooded bloodline through one means or another. Is this just emphatically something that would not or should not ever happen? Because, at least for me, it could be an interesting bit of flavor if there's dragonblooded that have been "corrupted" by the anathema.
              It's not emphatically a thing that shouldn't happen. Just not the thing that's most likely to happen in most cases.

Also, probably a stupid question but can an Exalt of another flavor have dragonblooded children
              Yes.

In addition, I saw in the Exalted chat that Sorcery does not have somatic components, so what are the apparent signs of sorcery shaping (if any) by another character?
              However they stunt it. If they try to do it extremely subtly, someone with a good Occult rating might still notice, and a sorcerer always will.

Lastly, does a Deeb not strongly in the know see Sidereals as Anathema since they glow similarly to the Lunar/Solar anathema and are far more powerful than a dragonblooded is?
              The Realm discusses this more thoroughly, but long story short, the Sidereals were smart enough not to write themselves into the list of Anathema.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

The Realm discusses this more thoroughly, but long story short, the Sidereals were smart enough not to write themselves into the list of Anathema.
                So, it'll probably be touched in the Realm, the feeling I'm getting is that Anathema is an "opt-in" categorization. You get "people with sun and moon marks" as a given, and anything else (Exigents, Getimian, Liminal, Alchemicals) is pretty much a judgment call from the local religious authority ("Yeah, no, that Exigent that happens to have been a friend is totally not an Anathema.")

Comment

• Alchies are probably more "wtf is that" than anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elfive View Post
                    Alchies are probably more "wtf is that" than anything.

Of course, because Liminals and Getimians are completely natural and normal XD

The "wtf is that" cathegory seems to be pretty big

Comment

• Originally posted by Sagara View Post

So, it'll probably be touched in the Realm, the feeling I'm getting is that Anathema is an "opt-in" categorization. You get "people with sun and moon marks" as a given, and anything else (Exigents, Getimian, Liminal, Alchemicals) is pretty much a judgment call from the local religious authority ("Yeah, no, that Exigent that happens to have been a friend is totally not an Anathema.")
                      Yeah. As the core describes it, it's a formal clerical finding.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• I just bought the Iron Siaka pdf, and I notice there's nothing about Resplendant Destinies. Should we assume that Iron Siaka will generally turn up disguised, and if she doesn't she'll be hard to remember, or is it not a thing at all?

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

Which is how even particular Princes of the Earth can be “discovered” to be Anathema.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

When you're a newly-Exalted demigod, your soul surging with newfound power and the unchecked drive of Essence fever, your first priority probably isn't going to be acting as someone else's subordinate. Many outcastes Exalt in societies with patron gods, or temporal leaders, and the majority of them don't end up in service to those figures.
                            ... except, uh, the Realm handles this issue just fine with some fancy stories and social constructs.

I think you're dramatically overselling the difficulty of such an indoctrination - particular when backed with sprinkles of actual truth.

Also, comparing Lunar Exalted to 'patron gods and temporal leaders' kinda undersells Lunar competency, an issue with past editions.

I for one hope the 'Dragonblooded Pogrom' is more realistically examined this edition and some changes are made. It should be a potent regional religious force that has great control over a large group of Dragonblooded and significant traditional backing... nothing more, and nothing less.

Comment

• Just a reminder, folks, that this thread is called "Ask the Devs", not "Have Conversations With Each Other" or "Tell the Devs How They're Doing It Wrong". I know it's hard to remember that when the conversation gets interesting, but please, take those ideas that aren't questions for Eric and Robert to answer, and start a different thread to explore the topic. Thanks!

Comment

Does this mean that, technically, the Mouth of Peace or similar ranking Immaculate could declare a particular Solar or Lunar to not be Anathema?

Comment

Working...
                                X