Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suppose I’m at -10 initiative and release Superior Violent Knowledge to make a decisive attack. How much damage do I roll?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sith_Happens View Post
      Suppose I’m at -10 initiative and release Superior Violent Knowledge to make a decisive attack. How much damage do I roll?
      Zero. As a Storyteller, I probably just wouldn't let you make the attack, so you can't sneak around with damage adders, but that's not the way it works as written.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
        The Solar and Lunar Anathema have distinguishing marks. The Sidereals don't have those marks.

Exigents aren't Anathema, unless formally pronounced as such. Sidereals can pass themselves off as some kind of Exigent if they're any good at lying.

Truly in-the-know Immaculates are aware of the existence and nature of the Sidereals, and know that they aren't Anathema.
        I think I'm hearing a bit of a disconnect that I wanted to clear up.

Unless I'm mistaken, the current paradigm is that the average response to "human-looking being with superhuman powers" is going to be "Oh man, this guy can cause massive damage, better watch my steps".
        And I'm putting this in direct opposition to a popular view of that same average response being "By the Dragons, it's not a Prince of the Earth, it has to be one of those horrible Anathema!"

Comment

• Did Medo's burgeoning empire have a name? And how long ago did the Realm defeat them and conquer the Medoan people?

Comment

• When it comes to healing, what counts as strenuous activity, and how much impact does it have on your healing? Is it just double the healing rates during that strenuous activity, or does it penalize you for the entire day or something?

Additionally, what counts as resting, for things like mote recovery and the like?
            Last edited by ReshyShira; 06-01-2018, 05:18 AM.

Comment

The Solar and Lunar Anathema have distinguishing marks. The Sidereals don't have those marks.
              Do you mean that Sidereals don't have Caste Marks?

With their Resplendant Destinies, can they only take the tropes of the Astrological signs, or just any kind of stock character? The mysterious old man who gives out quests in bars, the younger son seeking his fortune, the princess fleeing an arranged marriage, etc?
              And do they have to make a disguise roll? I mean, if I'm running Iron Siaka and she's disguised as, say, an old beggar woman who asks the PCs to help her rescue her son, can they roll Per+Awareness* to realise she's not really an old woman?

*Without a charm. Obviously Eye of the Unconquered Sun or whatever could break it.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                Do you mean that Sidereals don't have Caste Marks?
                They have Caste Marks, but they're quite clearly not those of the Solar or Lunar Anathema. Obviously some kind of weird Exigent.

With their Resplendant Destinies, can they only take the tropes of the Astrological signs, or just any kind of stock character? The mysterious old man who gives out quests in bars, the younger son seeking his fortune, the princess fleeing an arranged marriage, etc?
                Haven't fully fleshed out the details of how that works. In the full version, I'm pretty sure that between the twenty-five constellations, you'll have a wide enough conceptual range to choose from that not much will be excluded.

And do they have to make a disguise roll? I mean, if I'm running Iron Siaka and she's disguised as, say, an old beggar woman who asks the PCs to help her rescue her son, can they roll Per+Awareness* to realise she's not really an old woman?
                At least in First Edition, there was a disguise roll, albeit one at a steep bonus. Whether that carries over to the final implementation remains to be seen.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by ReshyShira View Post
                  When it comes to healing, what counts as strenuous activity,
                  It's pretty much just the colloquial usage of the term. Stuff that'd be a bad idea to do while you're getting bedrest to get over an illness, or while recovering from surgery.

how much impact does it have on your healing? Is it just double the healing rates during that strenuous activity, or does it penalize you for the entire day or something?
                  If you're getting in any real strenuous activity during a day, your healing rate that day is gonna be halved. There's some wiggle room for the Storyteller to adjudicate it, but that's the general intent.

Additionally, what counts as resting, for things like mote recovery and the like?
                  Sleeping. Lounging about on a divan doing nothing while being fed peeled grapes. Meditating. Etc.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Sagara View Post

I think I'm hearing a bit of a disconnect that I wanted to clear up.

Unless I'm mistaken, the current paradigm is that the average response to "human-looking being with superhuman powers" is going to be "Oh man, this guy can cause massive damage, better watch my steps".
                    And I'm putting this in direct opposition to a popular view of that same average response being "By the Dragons, it's not a Prince of the Earth, it has to be one of those horrible Anathema!"
                    The average response of a Realm citizen to someone exhibiting supernatural powers is to assume that they're a god, and go look for a monk to deal with it.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Given that a spell cannot be distorted twice, and that Beckoning That Which Stirs the Sky explicitly reverses the effects of the main spell and goes even further the opposite direction, how would you handle the following scenario:

A player wants to bring rain to a desolate land. He casts Beckoning That Which Stirs the Sky and changes the weather such that it is even more arid. He then distorts his own spell. Given the spell's difficulty, it would be far easier to make a hot/arid area even more arid (likely difficulty 1).

So how would you handle this?

Check out my homebrew exalt: The Fabulists - Chosen of the Raksha here

Comment

• Originally posted by armyofwhispers View Post
                        Given that a spell cannot be distorted twice, and that Beckoning That Which Stirs the Sky explicitly reverses the effects of the main spell and goes even further the opposite direction, how would you handle the following scenario:

A player wants to bring rain to a desolate land. He casts Beckoning That Which Stirs the Sky and changes the weather such that it is even more arid. He then distorts his own spell. Given the spell's difficulty, it would be far easier to make a hot/arid area even more arid (likely difficulty 1).

So how would you handle this?
                        As a general rule, you can't distort your own spells.

If he got around by bringing a second sorcerer to distort the spell, I'd...probably just tell the players no, that's not going to work, roll it honest.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• First, I see that Lunars is now on the first draft, great to hear!

Will Lunars have a limit track like Solars? (Well, not necessarily like Solars, but I mean not like DBs who don't have a limit track)

Will Casteless Lunars have 4 favoured attributes this time? If they don't, and still only have 3, will you get an XP refund when you get your tattoos? And will there be some rule to stop people taking, say, 3 physical attributes on your Casteless Lunar, and then later getting tats and becoming a Changing Moon?

I played a No Moon previously (well, Casteless than No Moon), and they had far less charms than Full Moons or Changing Moons. Perception was fine, but Intelligence and Wits were tiny. Also, some of the effects they had in Intelligence, like the Wyld-stuff, seems to be de-emphasised this edition for Lunars (?).
                          So, what kind of things might a No Moon be able to do this edition?
                          And will they have lots of mystic-themed powers? The previous devs seemed keen on making everything very physical, whereas you've mentioned shamanism a fair bit. By shamanism, do you mean interacting with spirits, or something wider?

Also, will the social defence charms be in Wits this edition, rather than Intelligence (as Resolve is Wits-based)?
                          Last edited by The Wizard of Oz; 06-01-2018, 03:33 PM.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                            Will Lunars have a limit track like Solars? (Well, not necessarily like Solars, but I mean not like DBs who don't have a limit track)
                            Yep! They have a track like Solars and Break at ten Limit, with the difference being the nature of their Breaks.

Will Casteless Lunars have 4 favoured attributes this time? If they don't, and still only have 3, will you get an XP refund when you get your tattoos? And will there be some rule to stop people taking, say, 3 physical attributes on your Casteless Lunar, and then later getting tats and becoming a Changing Moon?
                            Changing Moons are gonna work a little differently this time around.

I played a No Moon previously (well, Casteless than No Moon), and they had far less charms than Full Moons or Changing Moons. Perception was fine, but Intelligence and Wits were tiny. Also, some of the effects they had in Intelligence, like the Wyld-stuff, seems to be de-emphasised this edition for Lunars (?).
                            So, what kind of things might a No Moon be able to do this edition?
                            And will they have lots of mystic-themed powers? The previous devs seemed keen on making everything very physical, whereas you've mentioned shamanism a fair bit. By shamanism, do you mean interacting with spirits, or something wider?
                            Perception, Intelligence, and Wits Charms cover things like mysticism and interaction with spirits, vision-questing and shamanic prophecies, transformative curses and blessings, memory-eating, training and interacting with familiars, plotting safe courses through the wilderness and the Wyld, being cunning enough to reveal that you set up a pit trap right where your enemy just stepped, and more.

Also, will the social defence charms be in Wits this edition, rather than Intelligence (as Resolve is Wits-based)?
                            Yes, although the Social Attributes also have a fair number of them.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

However they stunt it. If they try to do it extremely subtly, someone with a good Occult rating might still notice, and a sorcerer always will.
                              Can you clarify why sorcerers will always know when another sorcerer is shaping sorcery?

Craft rewrite.
                              Twitter Handle: at maudova

Comment

• How does the thing with spell-shaping being visible gel with the control effect of Corrupted Words? Seems a bit pointless to conceal the final visual effect if people can still tell you're casting some sort of spell at them, or is it just a case of "don't use it around trained occultists then"?

Infernals - To Rule in Hell
                                Simple Solar > Abyssal conversion rules
                                3e Dragon Kings
                                My martial arts

Comment

Working...
                                X