Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask the Devs

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Double post is double. Weee.


    I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
    I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

    Comment


    • What's the smallest timeframe you envision for a Strategic Maneuver roll?
      Does there need to be a significant period of preparation or can a general cobble together a stratagem (and things like War God Descendent) in the afternoon before a riot, for example.

      Comment


      • This is a weird question, but I remember awhile ago reading an off-hand comment or maybe something in the book about a place in the Scavenger Lands where someone rules because they have a Warstrider and used it to take over the kingdom. By any chance, if that is real does said Warstrider appear in Arms of the Chosen?

        Obviously it doesn't super matter, I just thought that was a fun idea.


        Leetsepeak's Ex3 Homebrew Hub - Hub of homebrew for Exalted 3rd Edition that I've made.

        Comment


        • As much as Gnomon is cool, someone pointed out elsewhere that it does kind of folow a bit of playing the trope of Sidereals as Blind Seers that despite their prowess, foresight and knoweldge, can get the wool put over them and shit stolen. The intial power kind of even plays on this in that apparently it specifically allows the wielder a special wedge in on playing on this kind of blindsight routine.

          To some extent, this was a problem 1e and 2e often had with Sidereals in the fiction. Is this a concern of yours wiht presentation of Sidereals in future fluff?

          And stuff.


          And stuff.
          Made signature by moderator request. Any actual typing of "And stuff." is out of habitual reflex.

          Comment


          • After reading the story of Gnomon's creation, I went back over the crafting system and Solar Craft Charms.

            Thousand Forge Hands can be interpreted to imply that the Exalt cannot begin the process of crafting the weapon until all of the materials and tools are gathered, but the basic crafting rules are not quite so stringent.

            According to the basic rules as written and ignoring that possible interpretation of Thousand Forge Hands, Seven-Fingered Wu is perfectly capable of beginning the long process of transforming the branch into the staff before he sneaks into Yu-Shan the second time, where he can perform the final roll necessary to complete the artifact, via coaching the Sidereal with a Charisma + Craft roll and the final payment of 10 Gold Points.

            Is this correct?

            Does this further mean that a Solar could perform most of his Artifact Crafting rolls while away from his workshop, tools, and materials, as long as he has a keen enough mind to perform the design and planning stages in his head?


            Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

            My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

            Comment


            • So this is a follow up for one of my previous questions about the use of cirrus skiff in combat, to be more precise, how being able to fly could affect combat.
              • Does a character's elevation effect range band?
                • for instance, if i am at a short range band along the ground, but im an equal distance into the air, would i still be at a short range band for purposes of uses ranged weapons?


              Second CIrcle Demon: C'al Siphar The Benevolent Flame; Sorcerous Initiation: Symbiosis Of The Burning Heart; First Circle Demons: Rijal Al'Ghurban & Sharar Al'Najm First Draft Complete!!
              Merit Representing Control Of An Organization: Executive Leadership

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
                After reading the story of Gnomon's creation, I went back over the crafting system and Solar Craft Charms.

                Thousand Forge Hands can be interpreted to imply that the Exalt cannot begin the process of crafting the weapon until all of the materials and tools are gathered, but the basic crafting rules are not quite so stringent.

                According to the basic rules as written and ignoring that possible interpretation of Thousand Forge Hands, Seven-Fingered Wu is perfectly capable of beginning the long process of transforming the branch into the staff before he sneaks into Yu-Shan the second time, where he can perform the final roll necessary to complete the artifact, via coaching the Sidereal with a Charisma + Craft roll and the final payment of 10 Gold Points.

                Is this correct?

                Does this further mean that a Solar could perform most of his Artifact Crafting rolls while away from his workshop, tools, and materials, as long as he has a keen enough mind to perform the design and planning stages in his head?
                Wu wasn't Gnomon's creator—the Sidereal was. He was its wielder and master.


                Developer for Exalted

                Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                Robert Vance's Patreon

                Comment


                • If i want to use lore prophetic charms for fortune telling, what would be a good specialty?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                    Wu wasn't Gnomon's creator—the Sidereal was. He was its wielder and master.
                    If Wu existed as an NPC in a game tricking the Sidereal (one of the players), would you apply the full Crafts system to Gnomon's creation (designing the staff, coaxing its spirit, etc. over the course of a year)? Would some time/steps be skipped due to Wu's relationship with the staff?



                    Jade-Screened Exalted Finding the Path
                    Need a dice-roller? Check out Dicemat.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                      Wu wasn't Gnomon's creator—the Sidereal was. He was its wielder and master.
                      A novice Sidereal created a 4-dot artifact without fully (or even slightly) understanding what he was giving birth to?


                      Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

                      My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post

                        A novice Sidereal created a 4-dot artifact without fully (or even slightly) understanding what he was giving birth to?

                        Maybe that's how sidereal craft charms work. They don't understand what they're doing, they just pound on something with a hammer, until it gives in and accepts its destiny to be a sword.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Sakii View Post
                          If i want to use lore prophetic charms for fortune telling, what would be a good specialty?
                          Arguably, "fortune telling" is not a thing that Solars can do, even if "predicting things with fiat-level accuracy" is. I guess you could take a specialty in psychohistory (maybe your past incarnation invented it?) and argue that you can reasonably model events sufficiently to do a pretty good cold reading, but that's still trying to hit a nail with an otter.


                          Developer for Exalted

                          Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                          Robert Vance's Patreon

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
                            A novice Sidereal created a 4-dot artifact without fully (or even slightly) understanding what he was giving birth to?
                            Bureaucracies, dogg.


                            Developer for Exalted

                            Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                            Robert Vance's Patreon

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by norraba View Post
                              So this is a follow up for one of my previous questions about the use of cirrus skiff in combat, to be more precise, how being able to fly could affect combat.
                              • Does a character's elevation effect range band?
                                • for instance, if i am at a short range band along the ground, but im an equal distance into the air, would i still be at a short range band for purposes of uses ranged weapons?
                              Here's the easy version that avoids trigonometry or any semblance of math. You've got your normal, horizontal range from someone, and then your vertical range above them. Treat it as whichever one's higher.


                              Developer for Exalted

                              Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                              Robert Vance's Patreon

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                                1) Presence was one of my favorite Abilities to have as Aspect/Favored when making DBs - do you feel I'll enjoy it as much this time 'round?
                                There'll be a lot of classic Presence Charms making a return.

                                2) What was your favorite DB Charm tree prior to Ex3?
                                Wasn't a fan.

                                3) What's your favorite DB Charm tree presently?
                                Occult.


                                Developer for Exalted

                                Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                                Robert Vance's Patreon

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X