This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
    Flight itself would definitely be an Evocation, rather than an innate power like Phoenix has. The specifics could vary—there's a fair number of different concepts you could get out of a flight-focused warstrider.
    Would such a flight Evocation also be inferior to Phoenix’s innate powers?

Such as:

* Costs motes to use
    * Breaks the package up into multiple Evocations
    * Some items of the package are outright weaker

I imagine that getting closer to Phoenix’s powers of flight demands a sacrifice in terms of armor, as with Godspeed Vanguard.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

Depends on the nature of the thing. If you want to crossbreed a yeddim with a centipede (why), that'd be a Terrestrial working. If you want to create a many-handed titan guardian to march at the head of your armies and trample your foes underfoot, you're probably gonna want a high-end Solar working.

If i want to grow a plant-beast with the traits of the tyrant lizard, that would still be terrestrial rigth?

Comment

• When ending a grapple with with a throw/slam the damage pool is increased by 2 if withering 1 if decisive per round of control you give up to your strength rating. How does this work with increasing strength exercise? Can a brawler use ISE to increase their cap of extra damage dice for a slam attack?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
          Would such a flight Evocation also be inferior to Phoenix’s innate powers?
          Very likely. The extra options Phoenix gets while flying definitely wouldn't be bundled into the core flight Evocations.
          Last edited by Robert Vance; 06-04-2018, 12:55 PM.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by ale137 View Post

If i want to grow a plant-beast with the traits of the tyrant lizard, that would still be terrestrial rigth?
            Yes, assuming it's "breed a specimen of an existing species with a minor supernatural power."

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by UnconqueredFun View Post
              When ending a grapple with with a throw/slam the damage pool is increased by 2 if withering 1 if decisive per round of control you give up to your strength rating. How does this work with increasing strength exercise? Can a brawler use ISE to increase their cap of extra damage dice for a slam attack?
              Yeah. 10char

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by ReshyShira View Post
                When measure the wind says that it cannot pierce deceptions reinforced by essence, does that mean that he spirit simply cannot see the Lunar's true form, or does that mean that the spirit cannot discern that the lunar is a lunar?
                A shapeshifted Lunar would ping as whatever the form they've taken is.

Also, what do we know about Dream-Souled so far?
                Not a whole lot!

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Is there a reason the three new Exalts are optional but Alchemicals aren't, other than publishing history? The latter seem relatively peripheral to the story, in ways I imagine are similar to the three newcomers.

I want to really ask "Is there an in-universe reason?" but I can't seem to articulate whatI mean.

Comment

Yes, assuming it's "breed a specimen of an existing species with a minor supernatural power."

What should we take as a base to know if a supernatural power is minor/middle(?)/major?

Comment

Very likely. The extra options Phoenix gets while flying definitely wouldn't be bundled into the core flight Evocations.
                      It belatedly occurs to me that a Solar pilot doesn’t strictly need a warstrider to come with flight capabilities in order to take to the sky, if the Solar knows Eagle Wing Style. It just helps.

Is that right?

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• When talking about the Mastery Keyword, the Core implies Sidereals will not have it automatically, instead having to unlock it somehow. Will this look similar to how Dragon-Blooded beat the Terrestrial keyword? Or will it be something more permanent?

"Life before Death, Strength before Weakness, Journey before Destination."

"I will protect those who cannot protect themselves"

Comment

• Can some exigents use solar sorcery or sidereal MA? Would such an exigent be able to access all of solar sorcery or just spells that are appropriate to their patron and nature?

Comment

• Originally posted by soul_porpoise View Post
                            Can some exigents use solar sorcery or sidereal MA?
                            Nothing can stop a Storyteller from allowing such an Exigent to exist, but the setting default answer to that is probably going to be no. Probably worth addressing in a sidebar.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Marros56 View Post
                              When talking about the Mastery Keyword, the Core implies Sidereals will not have it automatically, instead having to unlock it somehow. Will this look similar to how Dragon-Blooded beat the Terrestrial keyword? Or will it be something more permanent?
                              It's a different sorta thing.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
                                It belatedly occurs to me that a Solar pilot doesn’t strictly need a warstrider to come with flight capabilities in order to take to the sky, if the Solar knows Eagle Wing Style. It just helps.

Is that right?
                                Yep, although subject to all of Eagle Wing Style's normal caveats.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X