Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask the Devs

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by aluminiumtrioxid View Post

    Well that's a revelation (although in hindsight, it should've been obvious considering the specificity of OWTB's wording). Does initiative spent on the attack (using the Piercing tag or Charms like Demon-Crushing Wolf Bite) also trigger FSF, or was it specifically meant for cases where making (or rather, missing with) the attack itself causes the opponent to drop in initiative?
    Initiative costs paid by the attacker won't do it alone - it's gotta be the Initiative lost for missing with a decisive attack, and/or Initiative lost due to the defender's Charms. That said, paying Initiative costs makes it easier for a missed attack to drop you down below them, so, close enough?


    Developer for Exalted

    Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

    Robert Vance's Patreon

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
      Initiative costs paid by the attacker won't do it alone - it's gotta be the Initiative lost for missing with a decisive attack, and/or Initiative lost due to the defender's Charms. That said, paying Initiative costs makes it easier for a missed attack to drop you down below them, so, close enough?

      Very useful to know, thank you.


      Evocations for the demonic tattoos gained from the Pact with Mara sorcerous initiation || Pyre-Kindler (Soulsteel and Red Jade Grimscythe, Artifact 3) || Tenebrous Descent (Stormcaller's Black Jade Reaver Daiklave cousin, Artifact 5)
      Advice for running the corebook shikari antagonists

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
        Well, what if they're not all in the same place.
        They're cooks, of course, that's why they're armed with butcher knives instead of short swords.

        Comment


        • Okay, so we know about Dragonbloods and their Progenitive Essence... Is it safe to assume that knowledge of this isn't exclusive to the Realm? Like, can we assume Lookshy and Prasad know to wait like fifteen years between kids for your best chances of them Exalting?


          Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post
            Okay, so we know about Dragonbloods and their Progenitive Essence... Is it safe to assume that knowledge of this isn't exclusive to the Realm? Like, can we assume Lookshy and Prasad know to wait like fifteen years between kids for your best chances of them Exalting?
            Yeah. It's fair to assume that was common knowledge during the Shogunate, so Lookshy would know, and Prasad's Dragon-Blooded splintered off from the Realm, so there's no chance they somehow forgot that detail (same deal with the Forest Witches and the Sisterhood of Pearls). There may be some minor outcaste lineages that are unaware of the concept.


            Developer for Exalted

            Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

            Robert Vance's Patreon

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Flare View Post
              Can you defend other a battle group?
              checking on this again

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Flare View Post

                checking on this again
                Answered in post 802 for ya.

                Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                Yes, if you come up with a stunt that explains how you're doing this.


                I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
                I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

                Comment


                • Originally posted by The Unsung Hero View Post

                  Answered in post 802 for ya.
                  thank you.

                  Comment


                  • The Lunars have been fighting the Realm for centuries, mostly via guerrilla warfare. How much of an impact has this had on Realm military doctrine? Do the military academies devote large amounts of time on counter-insurgency tactics rather than open warfare?

                    And on a related question, have any DB generals developed Charms to counter such tactics, or commissioned artifacts to help with it?


                    Some of me humble homebrew for ex3:
                    Artifacts for Crumple's DB homebrew
                    Some Lintha QCs
                    A Wyld Behemoth

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by TDS View Post
                      The Lunars have been fighting the Realm for centuries, mostly via guerrilla warfare. How much of an impact has this had on Realm military doctrine? Do the military academies devote large amounts of time on counter-insurgency tactics rather than open warfare?
                      You know how the Realm focuses on infantry over cavalry?

                      I'm gonna quote Eric here, cause he's very smart:

                      So, the reason why Realm legions are all infantry? It's not because anima flux is bad for horses. It's because all of the circumstances that make cavalry use suboptimal — rough terrain, bad or no roads, supply shortages — are the bread and butter of Lunar-backed insurgencies. So the Realm's operational doctrine, as far back as the Shogunate, has been shaped by the Lunars.


                      Developer for Exalted

                      Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                      Robert Vance's Patreon

                      Comment


                      • As far as Whitewall goes, which version of the Syndics will 3e be leaning towards? The earlier more sinister description in Scavenger Sons? Or the three gods in disguise version that was detailed later?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Therian View Post
                          As far as Whitewall goes, which version of the Syndics will 3e be leaning towards? The earlier more sinister description in Scavenger Sons? Or the three gods in disguise version that was detailed later?
                          Scavenger Sons is the main source we're drawing from for Whitewall (and a whole lot of other locales besides).


                          Developer for Exalted

                          Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                          Robert Vance's Patreon

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                            The Umbral Exalted and the Dream-Souled are both Chosen by their creators for a purpose, although it may not be a purpose they themselves are likely to be happy with it.
                            How aware are they of this purpose? Do they have an Urge or Resonance to MAKE them work towards this purpose? Do many actively work to subvert this purpose and make their own way?

                            Comment


                            • So, if a character has charms or traits to become immune to body-warping or mind-warping effects, they'd only be vulnerable to soul-warping or fate-warping effects, so what form would that take in a theoretical situation where they're immune to the former two, but not the latter two?


                              Also, when rolling to resist a poison, do you apply the penalty to the initial Stamina + Resistance roll, or is it applied afterwards?
                              Last edited by ReshyShira; 06-09-2018, 03:09 AM.

                              Comment


                              • Are the Hearteaters at all based on or related to the classic Kindred of the East?


                                ....

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X