Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there any ancient Lunars that are not members of the Silver Pact?

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
    Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• Originally posted by ReshyShira View Post
      So, if a character has charms or traits to become immune to body-warping or mind-warping effects, they'd only be vulnerable to soul-warping or fate-warping effects, so what form would that take in a theoretical situation where they're immune to the former two, but not the latter two?
      Wait, where were these four categories explicated as the totality of x-warping effects?

Comment

• Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
        Are there any ancient Lunars that are not members of the Silver Pact?
        Yeah. Lilith's the big example.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
          Are the Hearteaters at all based on or related to the classic Kindred of the East?
          Nope. They tap a vein of horror that I don't think World of Darkness/Chronicles of Darkness have done before.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by ReshyShira View Post
            So, if a character has charms or traits to become immune to body-warping or mind-warping effects, they'd only be vulnerable to soul-warping or fate-warping effects, so what form would that take in a theoretical situation where they're immune to the former two, but not the latter two?
            I'm not sure what you're asking.

Also, when rolling to resist a poison, do you apply the penalty to the initial Stamina + Resistance roll, or is it applied afterwards?
            Doesn't apply to the initial roll.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Anaximander View Post

How aware are they of this purpose? Do they have an Urge or Resonance to MAKE them work towards this purpose? Do many actively work to subvert this purpose and make their own way?
              It's not a purpose they're aware of, nor one that they're compelled towards.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• What's one thing I should know about Lunars?

Comment

• I'm not sure if it was confirmed before- but would we see Gloam in the Realm/Across the Eight Directions?

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                    Nope. They tap a vein of horror that I don't think World of Darkness/Chronicles of Darkness have done before.
                    ... wow, I'm now wracking my brain and everyone around me to figure out what you meant. Good job, Vance. There goes my Saturday.
                    Currently, we're at Cronenberg Exalts, which I'm not totally against.

Comment

• Originally posted by Growls View Post

... wow, I'm now wracking my brain and everyone around me to figure out what you meant. Good job, Vance. There goes my Saturday.
                      Currently, we're at Cronenberg Exalts, which I'm not totally against.
                      Deviant: the Renegades, for Chronicles, is set to do the Cronenberg thing.
                      Last edited by marin; 06-09-2018, 03:49 PM.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

• Can Essence-Dousing Wave Attack turn off a Lunar's Deadly Beastman Technique?

Obviously it can't turn a Lunar from a bear into a human: they didn't use a charm to turn into a bear.
                        But DBT is a charm that they've got up making them a DBT. I think. Hence the question.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• Originally posted by LostLight View Post
                          I'm not sure if it was confirmed before- but would we see Gloam in the Realm/Across the Eight Directions?
                          We currently have no plans to provide coverage of Gloam in either book, though a namedrop in Across the Eight Directions is possible.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                            Can Essence-Dousing Wave Attack turn off a Lunar's Deadly Beastman Technique?

Obviously it can't turn a Lunar from a bear into a human: they didn't use a charm to turn into a bear.
                            But DBT is a charm that they've got up making them a DBT. I think. Hence the question.
                            Yep, it's a combat-based physical Attribute Charm.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Thanks, that's what I thought.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

I'm okay with this.

After splitting DBT apart from the Hybrid Form, DBT isn't that much different from Ascendant Battle Visage, which is also vulnerable to that Immaculate Charm.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

Working...
                                X