This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions on Silver-Voiced Nightingale, Hearing the Hearts Song:

It's been clarified that charms that are limited by an attribute or static value, or give a bonus/penalty equal to an attribute or static value like Iron Whirlwind or Doe Eyes Defence do not count bonuses from charms, but Hearing the Hearts Song specifically says it adds non-charm dice equal to your (booste​d) Evasion. Does this mean just the boost from the charm itself (so max 9 non-.charm dice from [dex + dodge + speciality]/2 + performance/2) or does mean your full Evasion applied against the attack including bonuses from other charms and stunts?

Comment

• Do the Caulfolk have a preference in the war between the Realm and the Lunars, or "Please stop fighting in our home, and go back to where you came from, thanks."? As a practical matter, how much of the Caul did the Realm control at their height, and how much do the Lunars control now?

Do the Dream-Souled have a specific dream in their soul, or just a general one?

Comment

• Will either The Realm or Lunars: Fangs at the Gate go into detail on the sorts of defenses the Realm has in place for rooting out and dealing with Lunar infiltrators?

I mean, Hunting and eating a young DB going out on walkabout among the Satrapies and then going back and resuming their job shuffling important papers or being assigned as a captain in charge of lots of legionnaires sounds like a really good position to start causing problems for the Realm, assuming you can carry it off for any significant length of time.

Even just eating a rat could potentially get you onto the Blessed Isle with few potential issues, where you could cause all kinds of problems as a shapeshifting insurgent.

I'm assuming that there's a good reason most Lunars haven't done this, I'm just not sure what it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Epimetheus View Post
          So do dragon-blooded still have physical tells that show breeding?

Just wondering if it's okay to ask if sidereals are after exigents.
          That’s been confirmed on another thread.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
            The QC stats of the automaton include all the things that represent it not being a living thing, so that end-run wouldn't really work. Assuming the Storyteller says, silly Vance, of course a working can make automatons, the difference between Terrestrial 3 and Celestial 1 basically comes down to whether or not you want them to be a thing that Dragon-Blooded and mortal sorcerers can make fairly easily.

If i want to given them charms to make something like not-blood ape, would that kick it up to celestial or is there still some wiggle room to make it terrestrial?

Comment

• I have been playing through The Legend of Zelda games lately, any chance we might see a sword and shield MA?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Lidless Eye That Sees View Post
                I have been playing through The Legend of Zelda games lately, any chance we might see a sword and shield MA?
                It's possible!

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by ale137 View Post

If i want to given them charms to make something like not-blood ape, would that kick it up to celestial or is there still some wiggle room to make it terrestrial?
                  Ultimately, that's a question for your Storyteller.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Anaximander View Post
                    Do the Caulfolk have a preference in the war between the Realm and the Lunars, or "Please stop fighting in our home, and go back to where you came from, thanks."?
                    The Caulborn aren't a single monolithic entity.

As a practical matter, how much of the Caul did the Realm control at their height, and how much do the Lunars control now?
                    At its height, the Realm held all five shrine cities and Feng-Yi, although the wilderness beyond the cities likely remained beyond its grasp. Today, the Lunars hold Feng-Yi and all the shrine cities but Faxai, along with other holdings outside the city.

Do the Dream-Souled have a specific dream in their soul, or just a general one?
                    The Dream-Souled are Chosen by their patron because of what it sees in their dreams.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by limaxophobiac View Post
                      Questions on Silver-Voiced Nightingale, Hearing the Hearts Song:

It's been clarified that charms that are limited by an attribute or static value, or give a bonus/penalty equal to an attribute or static value like Iron Whirlwind or Doe Eyes Defence do not count bonuses from charms, but Hearing the Hearts Song specifically says it adds non-charm dice equal to your (booste​d) Evasion. Does this mean just the boost from the charm itself (so max 9 non-.charm dice from [dex + dodge + speciality]/2 + performance/2) or does mean your full Evasion applied against the attack including bonuses from other charms and stunts?
                      The former.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Epimetheus View Post
                        So do dragon-blooded still have physical tells that show breeding?
                        They've still got Aspect marks, yeah.

Just wondering if it's okay to ask if sidereals are after exigents.
                        That's the next splatbook planned.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
                          Will either The Realm or Lunars: Fangs at the Gate go into detail on the sorts of defenses the Realm has in place for rooting out and dealing with Lunar infiltrators?

I mean, Hunting and eating a young DB going out on walkabout among the Satrapies and then going back and resuming their job shuffling important papers or being assigned as a captain in charge of lots of legionnaires sounds like a really good position to start causing problems for the Realm, assuming you can carry it off for any significant length of time.

Even just eating a rat could potentially get you onto the Blessed Isle with few potential issues, where you could cause all kinds of problems as a shapeshifting insurgent.

I'm assuming that there's a good reason most Lunars haven't done this, I'm just not sure what it is.
                          The idea that the Lunars haven't been infiltrating and sabotaging the Blessed Isle is incorrect. The Realm will show some of the consequences of this.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Vance, were you the one who wrote the sorcerous working rules?

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                            Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                            https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                              At its height, the Realm held all five shrine cities and Feng-Yi, although the wilderness beyond the cities likely remained beyond its grasp. Today, the Lunars hold Feng-Yi and all the shrine cities but Faxai, along with other holdings outside the city.
                              What about before the Usurpation? Have the Lunars and Dragon-Blooded ever warred for the island before? Did they never time-share the place?

The Dream-Souled are Chosen by their patron because of what it sees in their dreams.
                              Interesting!

When Lunars assume Legendary Size, do their Kiai attacks with Silver-Voiced Nightingale Style act like warstrider-scaled weapons? Still with the traits of mundane light throwing weapons rather than artifact traits?

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
                                Vance, were you the one who wrote the sorcerous working rules?
                                Yep. 10char

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X