Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask the Devs

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • So, can I ask. I know astrology is going to be different but how exactly does Thulos use astrology if he's been removed from fate?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Epimetheus View Post
      So, can I ask. I know astrology is going to be different but how exactly does Thulos use astrology if he's been removed from fate?
      Sidereal astrology is an inborn power of the Sidereal Exalted. They could no more be denied it by outside intervention than they could their Charms.


      Developer for Exalted

      Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

      Robert Vance's Patreon

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
        Sidereal astrology is an inborn power of the Sidereal Exalted. They could no more be denied it by outside intervention than they could their Charms.
        I see. But they're still essentially bureaucratic actions right? Man, it's been a while since I read sidereals so I could be remembering it incorrectly.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
          Sidereal astrology is an inborn power of the Sidereal Exalted. They could no more be denied it by outside intervention than they could their Charms.

          So they can now use it without needing to be triple signed by a few gods?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
            The section on poison penalties specifies that they subtract from actions, not static values.
            I realise this is going back a bit but I find this ruling odd. Isn't the application of a static value an action that would fall squarely into the reflexive category? The Glossary definition of action is very broad and would encompass pretty much everything a character does. Also it has odd effects like saying the Blind flaw doesn't effect your ability to parry.

            Also assorted places in the book describe the application of static values as an action, such as the rules for stunts on page 187 saying "If the stunted action is the application of a static value (such as using Defense to block an opponent’s leaping sword slash), then that static value rises by 1." As well as the description for reflexive type charms on pg 253 saying "A reflexive Charm creates a reflexive action or enhances a non-dice action, such as applying Defense against an attack...".

            I was under the impression if a penalty was to explicitly not apply to static values it would use the term "dice-pool".

            Comment


            • The tendency with 3E is to hew more closely to 1E than 2E in terms of lore, but are there areas where 2E's is preferred, or areas where the lore doesn't suit 3E in both cases and you're making up new stuff?

              Do the Dream-Souled have a caste equivalent that is determined by different kinds of dream their patron liked when evaluating them? Like, dreams of rage become Lollipop Dream-Souled, or dreams of sadness become Acorn Dream-Souled.

              Comment


              • Do the Lunar Tattoos help ward against Sidereal astrology or a similar effect?


                Also, can a Lunar's tells be aspects of their human form that sticks whilst in other forms? If so are there any examples of what the tells can't be?

                Comment


                • Can we get, in adversaries maybe, an example of why the wyld hunt and the Dragon blooded and sidereal expended so much time and resources to appease the ghosts of solars they killed?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Klaek View Post

                    I realise this is going back a bit but I find this ruling odd. Isn't the application of a static value an action that would fall squarely into the reflexive category? The Glossary definition of action is very broad and would encompass pretty much everything a character does. Also it has odd effects like saying the Blind flaw doesn't effect your ability to parry.

                    Also assorted places in the book describe the application of static values as an action, such as the rules for stunts on page 187 saying "If the stunted action is the application of a static value (such as using Defense to block an opponent’s leaping sword slash), then that static value rises by 1." As well as the description for reflexive type charms on pg 253 saying "A reflexive Charm creates a reflexive action or enhances a non-dice action, such as applying Defense against an attack...".

                    I was under the impression if a penalty was to explicitly not apply to static values it would use the term "dice-pool".
                    He already corrected himself on that a few posts later.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by LDDM84 View Post
                      Can we get, in adversaries maybe, an example of why the wyld hunt and the Dragon blooded and sidereal expended so much time and resources to appease the ghosts of solars they killed?
                      Maybe! 10char


                      Developer for Exalted

                      Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                      Robert Vance's Patreon

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by ReshyShira View Post
                        Do the Lunar Tattoos help ward against Sidereal astrology or a similar effect?
                        Nope.

                        Also, can a Lunar's tells be aspects of their human form that sticks whilst in other forms?
                        It can be a prominent distinguishing feature of your human form, yeah.

                        If so are there any examples of what the tells can't be?
                        I'm focusing more on what they can be.


                        Developer for Exalted

                        Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                        Robert Vance's Patreon

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by ale137 View Post


                          So they can now use it without needing to be triple signed by a few gods?
                          Don't get me wrong; cosignatories always help.


                          Developer for Exalted

                          Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                          Robert Vance's Patreon

                          Comment


                          • I've just got the 1st ed bundle of pdfs from the backer. I've read the aspect books a fair bit before, but only skimmed my friend's copy of 1st ed DB and Outcastes. The main difference I remember with 2nd ed was that 1st ed DB had stuff about festivals and what colour clothes people wore, and 1st ed Lookshy was written in less positive a way.

                            Is there any particular part of 1st ed Dragonblood (or Outcastes, or the Aspect books) that you recommend as still being useful in 3rd ed? Or that you yourself were inspired by, even if it changed a bit?


                            My characters:
                            Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
                            Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng
                            Shadow of Kings, Twilight barbarian scholar, master of lost First Age crafting techniques. Has a lot of clones. Picture by Jen.

                            Comment


                            • What, if anything, sticks out in your minds as parts of 2nd edition that were better presented or more useful than their 1st edition presentation?


                              Check out my homebrew exalt: The Fabulists - Chosen of the Raksha here

                              Comment


                              • EDIT: I just noticed this was the dev Q&A thread not the threada bout the books. Sorry!

                                Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                                I've just got the 1st ed bundle of pdfs from the backer. I've read the aspect books a fair bit before, but only skimmed my friend's copy of 1st ed DB and Outcastes. The main difference I remember with 2nd ed was that 1st ed DB had stuff about festivals and what colour clothes people wore, and 1st ed Lookshy was written in less positive a way.

                                Is there any particular part of 1st ed Dragonblood (or Outcastes, or the Aspect books) that you recommend as still being useful in 3rd ed? Or that you yourself were inspired by, even if it changed a bit?
                                In Outcastes, the Forest Witches chapter is really cool and worth reading. The Lost Eggs chapter in very similar to the one in WFHW, but more in depth on some things I believe and so is worth a read for that. There are probably a lot of broad stroke stuff on Lookshy that's worth looking into, like fashion, food, and cultural instances in that chapter which aren't in the DB book, as wella s talks more on the Order of Chaplans, sohei, and military rank titles that seem not be there.

                                The Aspect Books are mixeda s soem fo thema re out of date or retconned, but soem biographies are especially interesting to me. Notable biogrpaheis to me were Tepet Arada, Kasif, Ragara Jasir, Moias, Crow, Cynis Denova Avaku, Cathak Cainan (with some fo the 3e changes kept in mind), Sesus Rafara, the Roseblack, and the Slug, I admit to not remembering mcuht hat stood out as itneresting in AB: Water though. Some neat Artifact and hearthstone ideas that coudl be refluffed for 3e as well.

                                Exalted: the Dragon-Blooded is mostly covered entirely by the new book, but some bits and pieces ont eh Realm are neat toa hve untilt hat book come sout, like food folks eat, pets, and so on. And the fiction pieces might be wroth a look through I think. Some of the Inspirational Sources and the Introduction bits might be handy though.
                                Last edited by Blaque; 06-13-2018, 11:43 AM. Reason: Wrong thread <_<


                                And stuff.
                                My DeviantArt Page // My tumblr // Exalted 3e Houserules

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X