Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any advice for designing Thaumaturgy rituals?

Leetsepeak's Ex3 Homebrew Hub - Hub of homebrew for Exalted 3rd Edition that I've made.

Comment

• Originally posted by Demac View Post
      Is there any chance of Aspect/Caste names being duplicated between non-Exigent Exalt types? I would think not for several reasons, but I wanted to verify.
      We'll make every effort to avoid it.

Developer for Exalted.

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Comment

• Originally posted by Demac View Post
        Is there any chance of Aspect/Caste names being duplicated between non-Exigent Exalt types? I would think not for several reasons, but I wanted to verify.

That's an odd question. Why would you think there's a risk of that happening?

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Will we get elaboration on Architects in Exigents? Will it be enough to build a character with?

Comment

• Are there any artifacts in Arms that change form substantially? Like a Daiklave that can reconfigure into a Dire Chain or something? Or something more mystical like the legendary staff of Sun Wukong that could extend to infinity?

Comment

• Originally posted by AtG View Post
              Will we get elaboration on Architects in Exigents? Will it be enough to build a character with?
              We haven't decided on which Exigents will be featured in the book, but the Architects do have the benefit of being my baby.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Leetsepeak View Post
                Any advice for designing Thaumaturgy rituals?
                A thaumaturge's mystical powers should make her someone whose aid even a sorcerer or Exalt would seek out, small but unique miracles.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                  In that case, which element of the Dragon-Blooded Charm set are you most happy about changing?
                  Ex3 Dragon-Blooded are going to be able to engage with Solars on their own terms, mechanically. The Dragon-Blooded are still decidedly the underdog in that situation, but half their Charms aren't going to become automatically useless just by dint of facing a superior opponent.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• While not necessarily the same mechanics - do you lean in at all to the idea from the Upright Soldier revision that Dragon-Blooded power stacks with teamwork more than other Exalted?

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
                      While not necessarily the same mechanics - do you lean in at all to the idea from the Upright Soldier revision that Dragon-Blooded power stacks with teamwork more than other Exalted?
                      Dragon-Blooded Charms are slightly more oriented towards cooperation and collaboration, yes.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                        Ex3 Dragon-Blooded are going to be able to engage with Solars on their own terms, mechanically. The Dragon-Blooded are still decidedly the underdog in that situation, but half their Charms aren't going to become automatically useless just by dint of facing a superior opponent.
                        As somebody whose favorite splat is, unequivocally, Solars, this makes me very happy. I want those clashes to be meaningful and memorable.

"Won't you believe in him? Even if there is no God, or Buddha...there is still Kamen Rider." —Taki Kazuya, Kamen Rider SPIRITS

Now...count up all your sins.

Comment

• Originally posted by CycloneJoker View Post

As somebody whose favorite splat is, unequivocally, Solars, this makes me very happy. I want those clashes to be meaningful and memorable.
                          Yeah, the reaction of the Solars to hearing about a nearby Wyld Hunt should be "Oh SHI-" not yawning and going back to bed.

....Of course, by the same token, the Wyld Hunt should be off somewhere prepping for the fight of their lives and making sure their wills are up to date, before they try to beard the Anathema in its den. Nice to know that this will be the likely state of affairs.

Comment

• I have a question pertaining to supernal abilities. Using Prophet Uplifting Evocation as a specific example, if an Eclipse at Essence 2 but with Supernal Presence buys that charm can they have 4 prophets or 10 prophets? Do multipliers for charms in your supernal ability function as if your essence is 5?

Comment

• Originally posted by farrenj View Post
                              I have a question pertaining to supernal abilities. Using Prophet Uplifting Evocation as a specific example, if an Eclipse at Essence 2 but with Supernal Presence buys that charm can they have 4 prophets or 10 prophets? Do multipliers for charms in your supernal ability function as if your essence is 5?
                              Supernal only treats your character's Essence as 5 for purchasing and upgrading/repurchasing.
                              So, an Essence 2 Solar could have 4 prophets with Prophet Uplifting Evocation.

Comment

• How would you do Puppies & Pawprints if you were making it today?

Comment

Working...
                                X