This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
    Can you give us a few examples of things that NA rank Artifacts can do vs. some things they definitely cannot do?
    Can Do: Raise up new continents. Unleash devastating offensive power to unmake the armies of your enemy. Allow a sorcerer to master spells of a circle higher than she could normally initiate into.

Can't Do: Time travel. Resurrection. Creating new Exaltations ex nihilo. Guarantee a happy ending or a peaceful dharma. Things the Storyteller doesn't want to be possible at all in the game.
    Last edited by Robert Vance; 06-13-2018, 05:15 PM.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Will we need a charm to express extreme applications of natural abilities of an animal?
      Like a spider web that can tangle a warstrider or a corrosive poison that can melt walls.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
        Can Do: Raise up new continents. Unleash devastating offensive power to unmake the armies of your enemy. Allow a sorcerer to master spells of a circle higher than she could normally initiate into.

Can't Do: Time travel. Resurrection. Creating new Exaltations ex nihilo. Guarantee a happy ending or a peaceful dharma. Things the Storyteller doesn't want to be possible at all in the game.
        So if you were playing a crafting character and making food that was essentially a legendary project how would you treat it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Epimetheus View Post

So if you were playing a crafting character and making food that was essentially a legendary project how would you treat it?
          I don't see cuisine reaching that level. Not every Craft can.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

M-mah Foodstriders... </3

I assume in general, consumables can't reach N/A levels of crazy?

Comment

• Mr Vance, what sort of cool / mean things can sids do with astrology?

Comment

Really? Even with the use of exotic ingrediants? Seems like it should do something.

Comment

EDIT: Having had some time to think about it, I greatly prefer the depiction of Luna in Glories of the Most High to any take on her in First Edition.
                  That's my favorite, too. Any chance of seeing more of The Silver Chair in 3E?

Comment

• Originally posted by Alistair View Post

M-mah Foodstriders... </3

I assume in general, consumables can't reach N/A levels of crazy?
                    It's not really a hard rule so much as it is me being unable to envision what a N/A-level banquet would be.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Anaximander View Post

That's my favorite, too. Any chance of seeing more of The Silver Chair in 3E?
                      The celestial bodies are unlikely to be detailed, as they're not going to be relevant to the vast majority of games, but we don't plan to explicitly write them out of canon.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by The Lidless Eye That Sees View Post
                        Mr Vance, what sort of cool / mean things can sids do with astrology?

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

It's not really a hard rule so much as it is me being unable to envision what a N/A-level banquet would be.
                          Together Breakfast.

So I'm making God-Kicking Boot, an Exalted webcomic, now. Updates on Sundays. Full-color, mediocre but slowly improving art. It's a thing.

The absence of a monument can, in its own way, be something of a monument also.
                          -Roger Zelazny

Comment

I mean, it'd expect it to be a single dish. One capable of giving a host of effects and tastes comparable to a celestial peach or wine. There are a few edible items that do qualify as N/A..

Comment

• Is the Fire Integrity signature intentionally a reference to the “Attack anyone who tries to talk to you” 2e meme or did it just work out that way?

Comment

Can't Do: Creating new Exaltations ex nihilo. .
                                So theoretically, if it uses some non renewable resource it's fine?
                                For example can I build an altar to torture gods into nonexistence upon, then use their gathered blood to anoint Champions with supernatural power?

Comment

Working...
                                X