X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aleks View Post
    Could jade Artifacts enhance sorcery?

Such as a blue jade version of the Quincunx?
    The themes of jade taken on their own don't provide a basis for enhancing all sorcery, although they might enhance elemental spells or other spells that resonate with the themes of that color of jade. A jade artifact might be influenced by the inclusion of other magical materials or exotic components, the purpose for which it was created and the circumstances it was created under, or the legend that has been forged by it and its wielders in a way that justifies a broader enhancement of sorcery.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Will we need a charm to express extreme applications of natural abilities of an animal?
      Like a spider web that can tangle a warstrider or a corrosive poison that can melt walls.

Comment

• How do you tell the difference between an NA artifact that can be made and one that can't? I mean I guess that's what the symbol in chosen of the arms is for but is it just up to the ST to say, no you can't create another mantle of brigid?

Comment

• Originally posted by Epimetheus View Post
          How do you tell the difference between an NA artifact that can be made and one that can't? I mean I guess that's what the symbol in chosen of the arms is for but is it just up to the ST to say, no you can't create another mantle of brigid?
          There's not any kind of beyond-N/A category of artifacts that you can't make. If the Storyteller doesn't want you to be able to make a thing, they can just say no.

You can't duplicate things like the Mantle of Brigid or the Eye of Autocthon any more than you could Spring Razor or Beloved Adorei.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by ale137 View Post
            Will we need a charm to express extreme applications of natural abilities of an animal?
            Like a spider web that can tangle a warstrider or a corrosive poison that can melt walls.
            There'll be some Charms that either directly enhance or synergize nicely with the natural abilities of animals.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

I mean I guess that's what the symbol in chosen of the arms is for
              ​What, you mean the one for First Age Artifice?

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
              Write up as I play Xenoblade Chronicles.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                There's not any kind of beyond-N/A category of artifacts that you can't make. If the Storyteller doesn't want you to be able to make a thing, they can just say no.

You can't duplicate things like the Mantle of Brigid or the Eye of Autocthon any more than you could Spring Razor or Beloved Adorei.
                Hmm. I suppose that makes sense but how far does that extend to? Mantle of Brigid lets you be the ultimate sorcerer but would it be possible for a non-solar celestial crafter to attempt to make something that gives them even just a spell of solar sorcery. I'm just wondering the limitations of crafting.

Comment

Nah. You could grind up gods into god dust and use it to empower people, but those wouldn't be Exalted. Exaltations require a divine (broadly speaking) patron of numinous power to create them.

So what would the result of that be? Some kind of half-exalted?

Comment

Hmm. I suppose that makes sense but how far does that extend to? Mantle of Brigid lets you be the ultimate sorcerer but would it be possible for a non-solar celestial crafter to attempt to make something that gives them even just a spell of solar sorcery. I'm just wondering the limitations of crafting.
                    Ultimately, the limits are what the Storyteller's willing to allow in their particular game.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by ReshyShira View Post
                      So what would the result of that be? Some kind of half-exalted?
                      Ain't no such thing.

Grinding up gods and imbuing the fractured remnants of their Essence into people would give you...people who've had the fractured remnants of a bunch of ground-up gods stuck into them. There's no pre-existing box that would fit into, and Ex3 isn't a game that attempts to create and fill such boxes.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Ultimately, the limits are what the Storyteller's willing to allow in their particular game.
                        Edit- So I seem to have gone back into my book and found that N/A artifacts are blocked by Solar sorcery. Does that mean that legendary projects don't exist for other exalts or that the difference between project types are dependent on exalt? I wonder if there are exalts who've managed to surpass such limitations.

Also, Do Factory-Cathedal's no longer remain or were they just removed as a type of manse? I do wonder if we'll ever get a manse version of arms of the chosen.
                        Last edited by Epimetheus; 06-15-2018, 05:34 AM.

Comment

Ain't no such thing.

Grinding up gods and imbuing the fractured remnants of their Essence into people would give you...people who've had the fractured remnants of a bunch of ground-up gods stuck into them. There's no pre-existing box that would fit into, and Ex3 isn't a game that attempts to create and fill such boxes.

Just wondering since I heard prior that there's no awakened essence anymore for mortals, so I was wondering how one might represent this if someone was crazy enough to do it.

Comment

Edit- So I seem to have gone back into my book and found that N/A artifacts are blocked by Solar sorcery. Does that mean that legendary projects don't exist for other exalts or that the difference between project types are dependent on exalt? I wonder if there are exalts who've managed to surpass such limitations.
                            First, that's not all Artifact N/As, just those that are First Age artifice.

Second, unlike spells, you can attempt sorcerous workings of a level beyond your own initiation with some additional difficulty, so it's at least not impossible for othr Exalted to do that.

Also, Do Factory-Cathedal's no longer remain or were they just removed as a type of manse? I do wonder if we'll ever get a manse version of arms of the chosen.
                            They won't appear as they did in 2E.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Do I remember correctly that Lunars will be able to initiate into the second circle of necromancy as well as sorcery?

Evocations for the demonic tattoos gained from the Pact with Mara sorcerous initiation || Pyre-Kindler (Soulsteel and Red Jade Grimscythe, Artifact 3) || Tenebrous Descent (Stormcaller's Black Jade Reaver Daiklave cousin, Artifact 5)
                              Advice for running the corebook shikari antagonists

Comment

• Originally posted by aluminiumtrioxid View Post
                                Do I remember correctly that Lunars will be able to initiate into the second circle of necromancy as well as sorcery?
                                You do correctly, although the rules for necromancy won't be out until after Lunars.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X