Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So wait, if I'm understanding the crippling thing right, if you have two health levels left and someone does 5 damage, you can take a crippling for 3, push it down to 2 and then hang on your last health level, but if they only did 2 there's nothing you can do about it?

Doesn't this make characters weirdly vulnerable to cherry tapping?

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
      You can't use Heavenly Guardian Defense (or Seven Shadow Evasion) to defend against Corrupted Words.
      The text of Corrupted Words explicitly states HGD can be used to defend.

Originally posted by Ex3 p472
      It is impossible to defend against this curse barring magic that can perfectly dodge or parry uncountable damage such as Heavenly Guardian Defense, ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Elfive View Post
        So wait, if I'm understanding the crippling thing right, if you have two health levels left and someone does 5 damage, you can take a crippling for 3, push it down to 2 and then hang on your last health level, but if they only did 2 there's nothing you can do about it?
        Yep.

Doesn't this make characters weirdly vulnerable to cherry tapping?
        I guess.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by sigfriedmcwild View Post

The text of Corrupted Words explicitly states HGD can be used to defend.
          Huh.

In that case, it's whatever mode you'd use to defend against uncountable damage.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Huh.

In that case, it's whatever mode you'd use to defend against uncountable damage.
            Speaking of perfect defenses. Will the other celestials get comparable defenses? Probably not at comparable costs, I imagine once per scene effects would make sense.

Comment

• Robert, Eric, could you pass on an apology from me?

If you know the person who wrote Moonlit Huntress, and you know if they've seen the things I've said about it, could you tell them that I am ashamed of the abusive way I have spoken about it?

I'm still mad, but that's never an excuse to be an asshole.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• So Vance, what are Protean charms generally speaking?

Comment

• So the "Lost Isles of Aiun": lost when and by whom? Why are they "eerie"?

Comment

• For Six-Demon Scabbard BInding is the "hostile magic" specifically just shaping/fate-altering attacks or the like, or is it any magic attack that that alters your body or mind that isn't resolved as a regular attack or regular social influence? The similar text in Phoenix Renewal Tactics demands the effect has 'no clear defense' but Six-Demon Scabbard Binding does not.

Could you clash Corrupted Words with it? Hypnotic Tongue Technique?

Comment

• Originally posted by Epimetheus View Post

Speaking of perfect defenses. Will the other celestials get comparable defenses? Probably not at comparable costs, I imagine once per scene effects would make sense.
                      For a given value of comparable, yeah.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by ReshyShira View Post
                        So Vance, what are Protean charms generally speaking?
                        They gain enhancements while you're in certain animal or human shapes.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by limaxophobiac View Post
                          For Six-Demon Scabbard BInding is the "hostile magic" specifically just shaping/fate-altering attacks or the like, or is it any magic attack that that alters your body or mind that isn't resolved as a regular attack or regular social influence? The similar text in Phoenix Renewal Tactics demands the effect has 'no clear defense' but Six-Demon Scabbard Binding does not.
                          It's gotta be a shaping effect.

Could you clash Corrupted Words with it? Hypnotic Tongue Technique?
                          No.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

They gain enhancements while you're in certain animal or human shapes.
                            Huh; neat.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                            Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                            https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

It's gotta be a shaping effect.
                              So like what? It's not a keyword used anywhere in the core. What charms/spells or antagonist abilities count as shaping effects?

Comment

• Originally posted by Anaximander View Post
                                So the "Lost Isles of Aiun": lost when and by whom? Why are they "eerie"?
                                Centuries ago, the abhuman sorceress Aiun employed the legendary Eye of Autochthon to raise a continent from the Northwestern ocean as a homeland for her people. As is traditional in stories involving the Eye of Autochthon, things did not turn out well in the end.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

Working...
                                X