This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post

Yeah, the reaction of the Solars to hearing about a nearby Wyld Hunt should be "Oh SHI-" not yawning and going back to bed.

....Of course, by the same token, the Wyld Hunt should be off somewhere prepping for the fight of their lives and making sure their wills are up to date, before they try to beard the Anathema in its den. Nice to know that this will be the likely state of affairs.
    Agreed, ex3 is definitely better than ex2 in that regard, but with maybe 1-2 notable exceptions I've never felt a PCs be remotely threatened by even a group of DBs yet. Of course with ex2 I'm not sure even through the years and years of play I could even say the part about the 1-2 exceptions.

Comment

• Hey Robert Vance, say that I have an Attribute rated at 4 and an Ability rated at 3, giving me a dice pool of 7. Now say that, through a combination of poison, wounds, and external penalties, my dice pool is reduced to 0. Can I still use my Excellency to add 7 dice or can I not use it at all?

Less importantly, but something I'm more interested in; for many of the following MA styles are likely to get into Ex3 that aren't already?
      https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php...ged-x3/page192

Comment

• What nations/region of Creation has the gayageum as a popular musical instrument? What about the sheng?
        Last edited by glamourweaver; 04-21-2017, 11:42 AM.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
          How would you do Puppies & Pawprints if you were making it today?
          Steal from Chuubo's Marvelous Wish-Granting Engine like a legendary puppy bandit

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Nilihum View Post
            Hey Robert Vance, say that I have an Attribute rated at 4 and an Ability rated at 3, giving me a dice pool of 7. Now say that, through a combination of poison, wounds, and external penalties, my dice pool is reduced to 0. Can I still use my Excellency to add 7 dice or can I not use it at all?
            Your dice limits (and similar Charm calculations) are derived from your base values (i.e. 4 and 3), not the total after applying modifiers.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• May I ask if there will be any Artifact weapons for Solar Brawler in Arms of the Chosen ?

Comment

• Is there a chance we'll see a set of armor in one of the Weapons of the Chosen previews? I find that Armor is a bit harder to make evocations for then weapons and some more information on that would be really exciting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                  The bonus dots of Strength granted by Increasing Strength Exercise et al. are essentially bonus dice—they add to pools, but not to things like Charm calculations.
                  Does this apply to qualifying for Feats of Strength as well?

So at Strength 3, Essence 2, after performing ISE, I will be more likely to succeed (due to having bonus dice) at FoS in the 3+ tier, but I still can't attempt Feats in the 5+ tier?

(Meaning I would need Ten-Ox Meditation. Hmm...)

Comment

• A few questions to clarify some rulings that have been made in a game I'm playing in for a little over a year, because we just made Essence 4 (having started with the advanced character creation rules) and, with Power-Awarding Prana, Spirit Stoking Elevation is coming to play:

In the Solar Experience section of the character advancement rules it says it (SExp) can be used to pay for charms that cost Experience.

When intersected with Flowing Mind Prana, I see it as it turning that SExp into regular Exp, to be used in raising the Atributes and Abilities, as says the Charm. When it comes time for the refund roll, do I get back SExp or Exp? A RAW approach says regular Exp, and that is what the ST went for, though he ruled, and we all agreed, that Exp that came through these Charms would not count for Essence raising. Now if I add, as I will for the next cycle, SSE to the equation? When the refund roll happens, do I get WExp back or Exp?

Dealing with Exp and SExp was initially easy, we only started to have some trouble when we started to shift from using FMP for Attributes and Abilities (things you can already spend SExp in) to using it to fund Selfsame Master Instructor, channeling SExp to propagate Solar Charms. The ST let that fly but he ruled that SMI can only be used to teach one, and only one, Charm/Spell/Whatever at a time, he also extended that to FMP and now we can only teach one "Trait" or "Charm" per story, before he was allowing to teach Strength, Athletics and Thrown in one lesson for example, if we could make it make sense, and once you got Hidden Wisdom Bestowal he started allowing "exotic" combinations.

SSE will cause the conversation to happen again so a guide to what is the intent would be appreciated.

So abbreviated:

FMP and it's upgrades, allows teaching more than one "thing (Attribute, Ability, Charm, Spell)" at once?

FMP refund, same type of XP that went in or just Exp?

Comment

• Originally posted by mizzlfoshizzl View Post

So at Strength 3, Essence 2, after performing ISE, I will be more likely to succeed (due to having bonus dice) at FoS in the 3+ tier, but I still can't attempt Feats in the 5+ tier?

Not a Dev, but I'm pretty sure
                      her strength score increases by one
                      means that you qualify for higher-tier feats.

Comment

• Originally posted by wern212 View Post
                        Not a Dev, but I'm pretty sure means that you qualify for higher-tier feats.
                        Being snarky is super un-helpful, especially in light of the cited quote from Robert Vance that contradicts (or at least muddies the waters on) your POV.

Comment

Bonus dots from Increasing Strength Exercise count towards your total for attempting feats of strength. That's an ordinary part of how the Attribute works, not a Charm calculation.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Bonus dots from Increasing Strength Exercise count towards your total for attempting feats of strength. That's an ordinary part of how the Attribute works, not a Charm calculation.
                            Awesome! Thanks for clearing that up. You and Eric Minton are seriously the greatest for taking the time to answer all these questions.

If I can impose on your time just a little more...

Had an earlier question that also seems to have gotten lost in the shuffle about supplementing Hammer on Iron Technique with evocations of Candent Carbuncle. Would each attack require activating Burning Coal Fist? Or is it intended to be similar to Iron Whirlwind & Hungry Tiger?

Comment

Had an earlier question that also seems to have gotten lost in the shuffle about supplementing Hammer on Iron Technique with evocations of Candent Carbuncle. Would each attack require activating Burning Coal Fist? Or is it intended to be similar to Iron Whirlwind & Hungry Tiger?
                              Unless it says otherwise, you have to pay the cost of each Charm for each attack. Iron Whirlwind Attack's "you only need to pay once" is one of its unique benefits compared to other Charms that grant multiple attacks.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Unless it says otherwise, you have to pay the cost of each Charm for each attack. Iron Whirlwind Attack's "you only need to pay once" is one of its unique benefits compared to other Charms that grant multiple attacks.
                                Can't say I love that answer, but thank you again very much for clearing up my confusion!

Comment

Working...
                                X