Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The book says that we can retry Threaten actions only by making a bigger threat.

What if we instead repeated the same threat, but demanded far less of the subject? A major rather than life-defining task, or a minor or trivial task instead of a major one?

Is that proving that your resolve is too weak, that you would compromise rather than double down?

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
      The book says that we can retry Threaten actions only by making a bigger threat.

What if we instead repeated the same threat, but demanded far less of the subject? A major rather than life-defining task, or a minor or trivial task instead of a major one?

Is that proving that your resolve is too weak, that you would compromise rather than double down?
      If you're changing what you're asking for entirely, you're not retrying the same thing.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
        Not the Creation-Ruling Mandate system exactly, but maybe something in a similar vein.
        Do you feel something like that can even jibe with John and Holden's intent of having underlings be people and not just cogs in the PCs' Magic Infrastructure Machine?

​I mean, I get it, you're not John and Holden, so you're not beholden to their vision, but I particularly liked that they chose to take it in that direction.
        Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 06-20-2018, 01:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post

Assuming you guys ever write up the Eye, will it be possible to use it once or twice without being certain to screw everything up, or is it better served as an unpredictable MacGuffin of Deus Ex Machina and stories surrounding it should focus more on stopping people from using it?
          As per current intent, yes, it's possible to survive and successfully accomplish your goals when playing Russian roulette with the Eye of Autochthon. (Though we haven't talked about it much, and it's possible that we may go in a different direction when we actually write up the Eye.)

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Suppose Mnemon tags her first Defining Principle with Ascendant Ideal Inspiration. Does she double 9s to convince people that she deserves to be empress or to convince people that they deserve to be empress?

Will Getimians' book have details on Thulio's super special awesome Saturn-parrying martial art?

Any idea when we might get details on Ragara Iuna's "sorcerous martial arts?"

Comment

• All of the heirloom artifacts in What Fire Has Wrought were in the 3-to-4 dot range so that each Great House had a storied weapon with Evocations, but nothing more powerful than Dragon-Bloodsd can typically create on their own.

Will there be a wider range of artifacts in Fangs at the Gate, as seen in Arms if the Chosen, including humble two-dot tools of convenience and mighty 5-dot terrors?

Comment

• Are Minikin still canon?
                Last edited by MrFamiliar; 06-21-2018, 04:56 AM.

Wisdom of the Ancient Sages (Homebrew sorcerous initiation based on anima) | Expanded spells & charm for Elemental summoning

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                  Do you feel something like that can even jibe with John and Holden's intent of having underlings be people and not just cogs in the PCs' Magic Infrastructure Machine?

​I mean, I get it, you're not John and Holden, so you're not beholden to their vision, but I particularly liked that they chose to take it in that direction.
                  I think it's possible to strike a healthy medium that provides people who want more crunchy options than the project system provides with those options without falling into the issues of abstraction that CRM had.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Sith_Happens View Post
                    Suppose Mnemon tags her first Defining Principle with Ascendant Ideal Inspiration. Does she double 9s to convince people that she deserves to be empress or to convince people that they deserve to be empress?
                    The former. You're not meant to play semantic games with Intimacies; replace "I" with "CHARACTERNAME" where appropriate.

Will Getimians' book have details on Thulio's super special awesome Saturn-parrying martial art?
                    It'll probably feature in his write-up.

Any idea when we might get details on Ragara Iuna's "sorcerous martial arts?"
                    Nope!

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
                      All of the heirloom artifacts in What Fire Has Wrought were in the 3-to-4 dot range so that each Great House had a storied weapon with Evocations, but nothing more powerful than Dragon-Bloodsd can typically create on their own.

Will there be a wider range of artifacts in Fangs at the Gate, as seen in Arms if the Chosen, including humble two-dot tools of convenience and mighty 5-dot terrors?
                      Yes on the higher end, to reflect Lunar artificers potentially outstriping Dragon-Blooded. Wouldn't hold out hope for two-dots.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Is snake hair more likely to be a Supernatural merit accessed through Hybrid Body Transformation than it is to return as a Charm called Snake Head Defense?

Comment

• "Any idea when we might get details on Ragara Iuna's "sorcerous martial arts?""
                          Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post

Nope!
                          Will we get some other sorcerous MA for PC in future books?

Comment

• Will Sidereals have means of accessing Eclipse-keyword Charms? If so, any hints as to what those methods might look like?

Given that Lunar spellcasters can access a whole new tier of necromancy this edition, will Sidereals get any advantage in sorcery (or necromancy) to compensate?

Are resplendency effects (ie, the powers granted by Resplendent Destinies) slated for expansion? Is it possible that Sidereals might be capable of creating new ones by some means?

Will Sidereals have to buy their terrible Excellency with experience? If not, will they have to buy their TN-reducer?

I know Sidereals are a long way out and any answers given now may change in the time between now and then; I appreciate any insight you're willing or able to give.

Comment

• Originally posted by ale137 View Post
                              "Any idea when we might get details on Ragara Iuna's "sorcerous martial arts?""

Will we get some other sorcerous MA for PC in future books?
                              It's possible.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by ysadrel View Post
                                Will Sidereals have means of accessing Eclipse-keyword Charms? If so, any hints as to what those methods might look like?
                                It's possible.

Given that Lunar spellcasters can access a whole new tier of necromancy this edition, will Sidereals get any advantage in sorcery (or necromancy) to compensate?
                                No. They've got Sidereal Martial Arts, I think they'll be fine.

Are resplendency effects (ie, the powers granted by Resplendent Destinies) slated for expansion? Is it possible that Sidereals might be capable of creating new ones by some means?
                                Current plan is to fold most of them into the Charm set.

Will Sidereals have to buy their terrible Excellency with experience? If not, will they have to buy their TN-reducer?
                                The dice-adder and the TN-reducer are one in the same. Current plan is to have them unlocked freely, although that might change with playtesting.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X