This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
    No. They've got Sidereal Martial Arts, I think they'll be fine.

The dice-adder and the TN-reducer are one in the same. Current plan is to have them unlocked freely, although that might change with playtesting.
    Will astrology finally be an avenue for power? I mean previous editions always mentioned it but it was so poorly implemented.

Also, how will tn increasers work?

Comment

• When you finish a non-artefact superior project, what rewards do you get? The same as if it was a level 2 artefact?

My characters:
      Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
      Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
        When you finish a non-artefact superior project, what rewards do you get? The same as if it was a level 2 artefact?
        Yeah. 10char

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Are mortals meant to be able to design and build manses? There are references to mortal manse architects scattered throughout the book but the manse-building sidebar says “Treat as artifact crafting except as noted here” and doesn’t provide an exception to “Must be able to shape Essence.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Sith_Happens View Post
            Are mortals meant to be able to design and build manses? There are references to mortal manse architects scattered throughout the book but the manse-building sidebar says “Treat as artifact crafting except as noted here” and doesn’t provide an exception to “Must be able to shape Essence.”
            Nope. I believe the references to mortal manse architects were written prior to the crafting rules, and just got missed in revisions afterwards.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• It may be possible something like this gets addressed in the Realm book but I am wondering, is there anytime the Realm would use a diplomatic solution to deal with Solars? In my game my circle of players have entrenched themselves in a Sesus held Northern satrapy almost right across the Inland Sea from Chanos. After multiple failed attempts to eliminate the Solars in straight up fights and a pretty cleverly designed deathtrap, it seems like at some point the Dynasts might have to come to the table just because they are pouring resources into just one satrap, even if it is dangerously close. Or am I underestimating the Realm's forces? Is diplomacy with Anathema something Realm culture could ever accept?

Comment

Nope. I believe the references to mortal manse architects were written prior to the crafting rules, and just got missed in revisions afterwards.
                So if I want a work crew to erect my glorious god-pyramid, I have to use spirit labor, or spend a century on it myself?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                  So if I want a work crew to erect my glorious god-pyramid, I have to use spirit labor, or spend a century on it myself?
                  Architect=/=labor force.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Therian View Post
                    It may be possible something like this gets addressed in the Realm book but I am wondering, is there anytime the Realm would use a diplomatic solution to deal with Solars? In my game my circle of players have entrenched themselves in a Sesus held Northern satrapy almost right across the Inland Sea from Chanos. After multiple failed attempts to eliminate the Solars in straight up fights and a pretty cleverly designed deathtrap, it seems like at some point the Dynasts might have to come to the table just because they are pouring resources into just one satrap, even if it is dangerously close. Or am I underestimating the Realm's forces? Is diplomacy with Anathema something Realm culture could ever accept?
                    Immaculate doctrine teaches that you absolutely cannot let it get to that point. No matter how dire the situation, no matter how beneficial diplomacy with the Anathema might seem, you are a Prince of the Earth, and if you don't cut down the Anathema it's going to eventually pose an existential threat to you and every other Dragon-Blooded.

But of course, in Creation, as in reality, no one adheres 100% to the doctrine they espouse. Eventually, if it goes on long enough without you being able to kill the Anathema, things are going to reach a breaking point where it's self-evident that the situation you're in is unsustainable, and that continuing to pour resources and effort and Dragon-Blooded into it is just going to send you spiraling into destruction. Some Dragon-Blooded are going to reach that point and say fuck it, this is my duty, even if it ruins me. I suspect that's not going to be the majority of them. Eventually, they'll be willing to make a short-term deal with the devil, while probably still telling themselves that once things get better they'll mount the attack again and kill the Anathema for good.

Long-term diplomatic solutions with the Realm are a whole magnitude of improbability beyond that, and depending on how succession crisis unfolds, there may not be a Realm in the long term.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Is there any chance we might see Fear Eater's "Damn fruit trick" as a Spirit Charm anytime in the future? I was interested in the specifics of how it works and what kind of spirit could have it.

Comment

Immaculate doctrine teaches that you absolutely cannot let it get to that point. No matter how dire the situation, no matter how beneficial diplomacy with the Anathema might seem, you are a Prince of the Earth, and if you don't cut down the Anathema it's going to eventually pose an existential threat to you and every other Dragon-Blooded.

But of course, in Creation, as in reality, no one adheres 100% to the doctrine they espouse. Eventually, if it goes on long enough without you being able to kill the Anathema, things are going to reach a breaking point where it's self-evident that the situation you're in is unsustainable, and that continuing to pour resources and effort and Dragon-Blooded into it is just going to send you spiraling into destruction. Some Dragon-Blooded are going to reach that point and say fuck it, this is my duty, even if it ruins me. I suspect that's not going to be the majority of them. Eventually, they'll be willing to make a short-term deal with the devil, while probably still telling themselves that once things get better they'll mount the attack again and kill the Anathema for good.

Long-term diplomatic solutions with the Realm are a whole magnitude of improbability beyond that, and depending on how succession crisis unfolds, there may not be a Realm in the long term.
                        I was just thinking about something like this.

Since the fully inducted members of the Immaculate Order know that Solars and Lunars aren't shiny demon-kings but doomed heroes, would it make sense story-wise (albeit unprecedented and outrageous to all who hear of it) for an Immaculate leader to make common cause with an Anathema against something truly horrible? After it has become plainly evident that the Anathema in question isn't going anywhere any time soon, of course.
                        Last edited by Prometheus878; 06-22-2018, 01:21 AM.

Mouse monk riding a tiny pig avatar courtesy of the very talented forumite Jen!

Jen's original portrayal of Mouse Monk, featuring some human or other named Tybalt Farwander.

Comment

• Is Mnemon’s baseline level of helicopter matriarching enough to warrant the Mentor merit?

Comment

• I know it'll be a while but will any of the non-1e scroll of the monk based SMAs still be in? I'm rereading scroll of the monk to remember how bad they were. Great flavor text but wholly unsuable. If you manage to fix them, i would applaud you for such task.

Comment

• Originally posted by Epimetheus View Post
                              I know it'll be a while but will any of the non-1e scroll of the monk based SMAs still be in? I'm rereading scroll of the monk to remember how bad they were. Great flavor text but wholly unsuable. If you manage to fix them, i would applaud you for such task.
                              They've got a good chance.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• When you dual wield a weapon set, you only commit motes as if it were a single weapon.

That got me thinking: How does this work if you craft a weapon set? Do you craft a single artifact that includes both weapons or two different artifacts that are connected?

Comment

Working...
                                X