X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
    They've got a good chance.
    That's cool. I imagine some of it might have to be put in supplemental material.

Comment

• I have a clash question that doesn't seem to have come up earlier, or to have been answered in the rule book.

If Enemies A and B are attacking Character 1, and Character 1 attacks Enemy A all on the same tick, are they all clashing? Or does Enemy B roll against Character's defense as normal?

Formerly Scathach of the White Wolf forums. Still my pretty, one-winged ducky face, though.

Comment

• I feel like the scene is better if you do the group clash attack, Character 1 blocking or striking away both Enemy A and B, and then giving the enemies the dual wield clash bonus and have Character 1 split initiative damage between the two enemies

Comment

• So if you're a solar building a small elite tiger warrior group, size 1, and you want to improve them magically using a sorcerous workings; would it be celestial magic to turn each member into a spirit? I guess it might be easier to just sorcerous workings them into something with more health levels

Comment

• When Hearthstones have evocations, is there a mechanical difference between the phrasing, "grants the opportunity
            to awaken the following Evocations:" and "it
            grants access to the following Evocations:"

Specifically, is "grants access" supposed to mean they are awakened without purchasing them? I think the Gem of Sapphire and Emerald is the only one that has the alternative wording.

Raksha are my fae-vorite.

Reincarnation of magnificentmomo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prometheus878 View Post

I was just thinking about something like this.

Since the fully inducted members of the Immaculate Order know that Solars and Lunars aren't shiny demon-kings but doomed heroes, would it make sense story-wise (albeit unprecedented and outrageous to all who hear of it) for an Immaculate leader to make common cause with an Anathema against something truly horrible? After it has become plainly evident that the Anathema in question isn't going anywhere any time soon, of course.
              I'd expect this to result in expulsion from the Order for heresy.

Developer for Exalted.

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alistair View Post
                Is there any chance we might see Fear Eater's "Damn fruit trick" as a Spirit Charm anytime in the future? I was interested in the specifics of how it works and what kind of spirit could have it.
                It's possible, if the right spirit shows up.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Aleks View Post
                  When you dual wield a weapon set, you only commit motes as if it were a single weapon.

That got me thinking: How does this work if you craft a weapon set? Do you craft a single artifact that includes both weapons or two different artifacts that are connected?
                  For things like paired short daiklaves, creating them is a single project.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Sith_Happens View Post
                    Is Mnemon’s baseline level of helicopter matriarching enough to warrant the Mentor merit?
                    Not every member of the house has her as a Mentor, if that's what you're asking.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Prometheus878 View Post

I was just thinking about something like this.

Since the fully inducted members of the Immaculate Order know that Solars and Lunars aren't shiny demon-kings but doomed heroes, would it make sense story-wise (albeit unprecedented and outrageous to all who hear of it) for an Immaculate leader to make common cause with an Anathema against something truly horrible? After it has become plainly evident that the Anathema in question isn't going anywhere any time soon, of course.
                      To add to what Eric's said: an Immaculate's greater understanding of the nature of a Solar doesn't change the doctrinal mandate that this is someone you absolutely need to kill and cannot compromise with. If anything, it strengthens it.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Daffiroth View Post
                        I have a clash question that doesn't seem to have come up earlier, or to have been answered in the rule book.

If Enemies A and B are attacking Character 1, and Character 1 attacks Enemy A all on the same tick, are they all clashing? Or does Enemy B roll against Character's defense as normal?
                        1 and A are clashing, B is just making a normal attack against 1.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Silverwake View Post
                          So if you're a solar building a small elite tiger warrior group, size 1, and you want to improve them magically using a sorcerous workings; would it be celestial magic to turn each member into a spirit? I guess it might be easier to just sorcerous workings them into something with more health levels
                          Sounds about right.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by MoroseMorgan View Post
                            When Hearthstones have evocations, is there a mechanical difference between the phrasing, "grants the opportunity
                            to awaken the following Evocations:" and "it
                            grants access to the following Evocations:"

Specifically, is "grants access" supposed to mean they are awakened without purchasing them? I think the Gem of Sapphire and Emerald is the only one that has the alternative wording.
                            There's not a distinction.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• If a sorcerer with Mists of Eventide as their control spell is crashed by their own spell, can they spend willpower to take over their own dreams and body? If so, are they aware of what's happening around them?

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                                To add to what Eric's said: an Immaculate's greater understanding of the nature of a Solar doesn't change the doctrinal mandate that this is someone you absolutely need to kill and cannot compromise with. If anything, it strengthens it.
                                That's very interesting. How would you say it strengthens it? Some of this is actually coming up right now in my game as my players are trying to talk Dragon-Bloods into changing their beliefs.

Comment

Working...
                                X