Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do not post answers if you are not a developer or writer for the game line. Darksider
    Last edited by Darksider; 06-23-2018, 05:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by autXautY View Post
      If a sorcerer with Mists of Eventide as their control spell is crashed by their own spell, can they spend willpower to take over their own dreams and body? If so, are they aware of what's happening around them?
      Nah. 10char

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• I'm curious, how far out and about does the Merchant Fleet operate in comparison to the other Fleets? Will you basically find it everywhere, just more sperad-thin, compared to the Peleps ran naval ones?

Addtiioanlly, does the navy often operate in a security sense like the legiosn do, or is it more concerned with waters around countires than the security in them?

And stuff.
        My DeviantArt Page // My tumblr // Exalted 3e Houserules

Comment

• Are we going to get rules on the different godblooded all in one go, and then just update it when each new type of godblooded comes along with their Exalt's core book? Like say we get a book that explains Godblooded, elementalblooded, and Demonblooded, and so they also explain Golden Children and Moontouched? Or do you think we will start piecing it together more bit by bit, giving us rules for Moontouched, then later Golden Children, and then Godblooded ect?

The ability to use Artifacts, because they are great and a good way to represent say a line of Kings descended from Solars or even Ignis Divine Himself, do you think they will be something provided by charms, merits, or wildly divergent rules based on the different Godblooded?

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

• Crimson Leaping Cat Technique and other supplemental Martial Arts Charms that enhance Rush actions can't be combined with Exalted Athletics Charms that also supplement Rushes, right?

When a Dragon-Blood loses their attack action for the next round by using Horizon-Swallowed Star Flash or a similar Charm, does that prevent them from using their movement action on the next round? Or does "attack" action refer to "combat" action, which includes both attack-type and movement-type actions?

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
              Crimson Leaping Cat Technique and other supplemental Martial Arts Charms that enhance Rush actions can't be combined with Exalted Athletics Charms that also supplement Rushes, right?
              No. That limit only applies to using Martial Arts with combat Ability Charms.

When a Dragon-Blood loses their attack action for the next round by using Horizon-Swallowed Star Flash or a similar Charm, does that prevent them from using their movement action on the next round? Or does "attack" action refer to "combat" action, which includes both attack-type and movement-type actions?
              It doesn't preclude them from taking their movement action, just making an attack or anything else that counts as an attack.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
                Are we going to get rules on the different godblooded all in one go, and then just update it when each new type of godblooded comes along with their Exalt's core book? Like say we get a book that explains Godblooded, elementalblooded, and Demonblooded, and so they also explain Golden Children and Moontouched? Or do you think we will start piecing it together more bit by bit, giving us rules for Moontouched, then later Golden Children, and then Godblooded ect?

The ability to use Artifacts, because they are great and a good way to represent say a line of Kings descended from Solars or even Ignis Divine Himself, do you think they will be something provided by charms, merits, or wildly divergent rules based on the different Godblooded?
                Haven't pinned that down completely yet.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Some Questions about Faster than Self Technique.
                  1. Can the battlegroup self Use charms other than the lack of resistance charms mentioned?
                  2. Lets say you are a size 3 battlegroup can you take up multiple range bands? If so when ending the charm where in those range bands do you end up?
                  3. The Charm mentions war charms can't be used to give you enhanced abilitied but can it enable you to use war charms or have others affect you with war charms to give you the effects of Stratagems or rally for numbers?

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                    No. That limit only applies to using Martial Arts with combat Ability Charms.
                    Archery, Brawl, Melee, Thrown? The attack Abilities?

It’s kosher to combine Solar Battle-Dancer Method with Silver-Voiced Nightingale Style’s Hearing the Heart’s Song?

Comment

• Follow up to a previous question because I have a specific example now. Say I've got a Sail supernal coming at me in his artifact warship with his fleet at his back, and I fire a Death Ray spell at a ship. Since I can't engage in sailing combat how do I damage the ship? What's it's defence, what's it's soak/hardness? If the ship isn't made of magical materials is it destroyed on contact like a mundane weapon?

It was previously suggested to treat the ship as a battle group in this scenario. What determines it's size/magnitude/etc?

Wisdom of the Ancient Sages (Homebrew sorcerous initiation based on anima) | Expanded spells & charm for Elemental summoning

Comment

• Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions.

Have you got a canon number for how many Exigents are rocking around Creation in the current age? Or even just a vague idea?

3e Scavenger Lands map
                        3e Combat tracker card
                        2e Nexus map

Comment

• Originally posted by Megapope View Post
                          Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions.

Have you got a canon number for how many Exigents are rocking around Creation in the current age? Or even just a vague idea?
                          Unlike the Celestial Exalted, Abyssals, and Infernals, there's no fixed number of Exigents in-setting. We don't have a specific number pinned down yet; it's probably going to be estimated as in the high double digits, but on the rise as new Exigents are uplifted amid the chaos of the Time of Tumult.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Robert, do you think it better, worse, or situational to try designing a Martial Arts Style from the pre-Form Charms or the Form Charm first?

Comment

• I'm trying to figure out how many Lore charms i need to take to start with God-Kings Shrike, which has led me to study the prerequisite rules and now I'm wondering how non-specific prerequisite charms are supposed to work.

Now reading it completely literally, the rules on p. 254 only stop you from claiming charms that are prerequisites for the specific prerequisite charms as the non-specific prerequisites, so in the case of God-Kings Shrike technically you'd be able to claim Harmonious Academic Methodology, Bottomless Wellsprings Approach, and Lore-Inducing Concentration as the non-specific prerequisites, since none of them are prerequisites for Prophet of Seventeen Cycles (the only specific prerequisite) as there's nothing in the book saying this rule or the definition of 'prerequisite' is recursive. Obviously this is not what's intended though as it'd make it all fairly meaningless, so how is it supposed to work?

Say I want Heaven-Turning Calculations, Wake the Sleeper, and God-Kings Shrike. I can clearly take everything up to Sacred Relic Understanting + Prophet of Seventeen Cycles without running into this problem, and then claim both of those as the non-specific charms to take Heaven-Turning Calculations. So far its easy to figure out how it's supposed to work.

But could I then count Heaven-Turning Calculations + Prophet of Seventeen Cycles as the non-specifics to take Wake the Sleeper, since neither of those lead up to Sacred Relic Understanding (the only specific prerequisite), then use Sacred Relic Understanding + Heaven-Turning Calculation + Wake the Sleeper as the non-specific prerequisites for God-Kings Shrike, since again none of those were required to take Prophet of Seventeen Cycles?

Comment

• So what kind of time travel is forbidden? I mean it's only traveling back in time right? I was just wondering if it's possible for a scenario in which Primordial war era exalts to be flung into the future to the present of creation. If possible, since the primordial war was never met to be set in stone, any changes between current and past exalts would be up to the story teller?

Comment

Working...
                                X