This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
    In cases where there's not a system spelled out in the books, you just default to the basic rules for rolling an action, along with Storyteller assessment of bonuses and penalties.
    Just for example/idea purposes, what have you been doing in your own games as far as fatigue goes?

Comment

• Are there plans to make premade adventures? Are there plans to make fully formed cities that allow STs to have something ready to go for their adventures? Just curious about support material
      Last edited by Silverwake; 06-26-2018, 02:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayWalker View Post
        I notice that most permanent charms are upgrades to prerequisite charms.
        So what makes you guys as developers decide that difference between a charm repurchase and an upgrade charm?
        It's more of an art than a science. Making it a repurchase is often more wordcount efficient, but some effects benefit from being blocked off as a separate Charm, either for cleaner mechanical implementation or to make the concept of what the effect is actually doing clearer.

One of the parts I liked about the Infernal charm tree in 2E were that there were permanent charms that changed default abilities without need to use essence. Things like "Nightmare Fugue Vigilance", "Running to Forever" and "Transcendent Desert Creature".
        Will we see similar charm types return or are you guys choosing to go in a different direction?
        They're not going away entirely. Some of the more character concept-distorting ones, like Witness to Darkness, will likely be moved away from the beginnings of long Charm trees.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by wern212 View Post
          So, on the topic of Intimacies... how closely does the intimacy have to match the topic at hand in order for it to give a Resolve boost?
          For example, if a Dynast meets a few scions of House Cathak at a salon and isn't too pleased with them, gaining a minor intimacy of annoyance towards the three of them.
          Later on, that same Dynast is asked by a Cathak to support a bill in the Deliberative. Could the Dynast's player call on any of the minor intimacies of annoyance, in essence judging the entire house by the examples they've encountered?
          Reasonably closely, as adjudicated by the Storyteller in the context of a social interaction.

Which is to say, as long as the Dynast is roleplaying that he's judging all of House Cathak by those bastards he just met, and the Storyteller thinks it makes sense, sure, it can apply.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• So have the sidereals ever tried leaving their job as a whole? Seems weird that it's never been an issue for the bureau.

Comment

• So I heard Lunars were getting access to a new Necromancy Circle. Is that right? Is Necromancy access changing for any other Exalted, and what kind necro are Liminals getting?

Comment

• Originally posted by Madam Mirror View Post
                So I heard Lunars were getting access to a new Necromancy Circle. Is that right?
                Yep.

Is Necromancy access changing for any other Exalted,
                No big plans. Might tweak Infernal access.

and what kind necro are Liminals getting?
                Only First Circle. Don't have the raw power to get higher.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Epimetheus View Post
                  So have the sidereals ever tried leaving their job as a whole? Seems weird that it's never been an issue for the bureau.
                  Ronin Sidereals are still a thing that exist in the setting. One in particular has been a major issue for the Bureau.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Ronin Sidereals are still a thing that exist in the setting. One in particular has been a major issue for the Bureau.

Besides Rakan, is the Green Lady still around this edition? Is she a Deathlords aligned Ronin?
                    Last edited by glamourweaver; 06-25-2018, 11:13 PM.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

Besides Rakan, is the Green Lady still around this edition? Is a Deathlords aligned Ronin?
                      Undetermined.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

I didn't think they'd be gone but I was wondering if it ever happened as a group? Could the Bureau even sustain such a loss?

Comment

• Originally posted by Epimetheus View Post

I didn't think they'd be gone but I was wondering if it ever happened as a group? Could the Bureau even sustain such a loss?
                          Across millennia, things happen.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Speaking of Infernals, how much of the KS preview still holds up? I know we're way off but what the plans, like are we getting a whole new set of charms? I quite liked the weird transhumanism aspects of Infernals. Also they still being called Green Sun princes or something else this edition?

Comment

• I feel a bit like I'm late to the party asking a Dragon-Blooded question now, but something just occurred to me...

If two Charms give you the option to expend the same Aura on the same action, can you gain the benefits of expending Aura on both of them, or only one?

As a specific example, if a Terrestrial had the Signature Wood Stealth Charm, Shadow-Stalking Predator Spirit, and the Signature Wood Survival Charm, Stalking Apex Predator Technique, both active at the same time, then made an Unexpected Decisive Attack from plant-based concealment, both of them would give the option to expend Wood Aura in order to buff the resulting Decisive Attack, granting non-overlapping buffs, so both could conceivably apply to the same attack. But could you apply them both to the same attack? Or would you have to just choose one?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ascension View Post
                                I feel a bit like I'm late to the party asking a Dragon-Blooded question now, but something just occurred to me...

If two Charms give you the option to expend the same Aura on the same action, can you gain the benefits of expending Aura on both of them, or only one?
                                Only one. 10char

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X