Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask the Devs

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Madam Mirror View Post
    Speaking of Infernals, how much of the KS preview still holds up? I know we're way off but what the plans, like are we getting a whole new set of charms? I quite liked the weird transhumanism aspects of Infernals. Also they still being called Green Sun princes or something else this edition?
    Large portions of it don't, but the description of their Charms still holds true.


    Developer for Exalted

    Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

    Robert Vance's Patreon

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
      Only one. 10char
      Could an artifact Evocation allow the Aura to fuel both?


      Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

      My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
        Could an artifact Evocation allow the Aura to fuel both?
        While Evocations can conceptually mess around with Charm costs and various currencies used to pay them, I'd caution against it from a balance perspective.


        Developer for Exalted

        Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

        Robert Vance's Patreon

        Comment


        • What's the order of operations on expending Aura on an action? If you're expending Aura, could you use non-Balanced Charms of a different element on the same action because "Well, my Aura's ending anyway"?

          (I'm guessing the answer is no, but I figure it doesn't hurt to check.)

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Ascension View Post
            What's the order of operations on expending Aura on an action? If you're expending Aura, could you use non-Balanced Charms of a different element on the same action because "Well, my Aura's ending anyway"?

            (I'm guessing the answer is no, but I figure it doesn't hurt to check.)
            No. Costs are paid after you've declared all your Charms.


            Developer for Exalted

            Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

            Robert Vance's Patreon

            Comment


            • When the book says "Solar Performance Charms ignore the penalty for group influence", does this just mean solar charms that create influence rolls, or does it mean that those that enhance influence rolls (like Masterful Performance Exercise) also let you ignore group influence penalties on those rolls?

              Comment


              • In regards to Order Conferring action. Are Stratagems and Order combat actions considered Running a Relevant organization within the context of the charm? It seems broken to me but it is a Essence 5 charm so I have no idea of the intent of the charm. There is a argument to be made that by definition giving a order action is a part of running a army.

                Comment


                • Will Green Sun Princes be invested like Exigents by 3rd Circle demons and that's what will corrupt the solar essence? And as a general follow up to that, can 3rd Circle demons invest in general or are they going to need to do sorcerous workings to turn people into demons/empowered cultists? Would in be a 2nd level sorcerous workings to turn someone into a demon?
                  Last edited by Silverwake; 06-26-2018, 07:26 PM.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by limaxophobiac View Post
                    When the book says "Solar Performance Charms ignore the penalty for group influence", does this just mean solar charms that create influence rolls, or does it mean that those that enhance influence rolls (like Masterful Performance Exercise) also let you ignore group influence penalties on those rolls?
                    The latter.


                    Developer for Exalted

                    Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                    Robert Vance's Patreon

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by WalkingEye View Post
                      In regards to Order Conferring action. Are Stratagems and Order combat actions considered Running a Relevant organization within the context of the charm? It seems broken to me but it is a Essence 5 charm so I have no idea of the intent of the charm. There is a argument to be made that by definition giving a order action is a part of running a army.
                      Given that it specifies War as an Ability you can spend the bonus dice on, that sounds reasonable to me.


                      Developer for Exalted

                      Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                      Robert Vance's Patreon

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Silverwake View Post
                        Will Green Sun Princes be invested like Exigents by 3rd Circle demons and that's what will corrupt the solar essence?
                        No. The Infernal Exalted are the Chosen of the Yozis, full stop.

                        And as a general follow up to that, can 3rd Circle demons invest in general or are they going to need to do sorcerous workings to turn people into demons/empowered cultists?
                        I'm sure there are some Third Circle Demons with strange and powerful blessings up their sleeves.

                        Would in be a 2nd level sorcerous workings to turn someone into a demon?
                        At least a high-end Celestial working, probably.


                        Developer for Exalted

                        Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                        Robert Vance's Patreon

                        Comment


                        • So will manses be expanded on like Oadenol's Codex? If not is that a decent book to use to detail manses?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Epimetheus View Post
                            So will manses be expanded on like Oadenol's Codex? If not is that a decent book to use to detail manses?
                            We're planning a book that will address manses in greater detail.


                            Developer for Exalted

                            Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                            Robert Vance's Patreon

                            Comment


                            • I'm certain someone else has asked this, but how have Solar/Lunar Bonds changed?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Madam Mirror View Post
                                I'm certain someone else has asked this, but how have Solar/Lunar Bonds changed?
                                A fair bit. It's largely opt-in via Charms, and there's some very cool power Lunars can draw out from it.


                                Developer for Exalted

                                Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                                Robert Vance's Patreon

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X