This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
    A fair bit. It's largely opt-in via Charms, and there's some very cool power Lunars can draw out from it.

Oh, that sounds cool!

Comment

We're planning a book that will address manses in greater detail.
      Will this be the same for yushan?

Also, I was looking at Iron Siaka's profile and I couldn't help but see that she has a move that increases TN of attacks by 1. How does that work with charms that double the successes of 7s? Does it just make them nonfunctional?
      Last edited by Epimetheus; 06-27-2018, 02:26 AM.

Comment

• Are Sublime Danger’s daiklave wings just for show or can she go full Penny Poledina?

Comment

• magpies invisible talon says " This Charm supplements a normal attempt to steal or pickpocket"does normal mean not being affected by other charms like Stealing From Plain Sight Spirit?

Comment

• I can't imagine this hasn't been asked yet, so I apologize if I'm repeating. The Dawn anima power that enhances intimidation in various ways: is that a permanent effect, or something that must be activated in some way?

Comment

• I have a solar night caste player who’s a stealth supernal and we’ve come up with a few custom charm questions revolving around using stealth in combat:

Blurred Form Style (Essence 2) 7m, 1wp allows you to attempt to go into stealth in combat in the absence of a place to hide with Essence successes to the roll. However, disengaging or moving “too much” renders the user visible. What mechanical effects does that have? Removing the extra successes from their stealth roll to move? Or Automatically failing their stealth roll? In addition, this is an expensive charm (7m, 1wp) if one “only” wishes to go into concealment in the absence of a hiding place. That being said, the Air Immaculate Style charm Shroud of Unseen Winds (also Essence 2) allows the exalt to roll stealth even if there’s no place to hide using a stunt or automatically if in Air Aura for only 4 motes. If we were to create a custom solar stealth charm which would mechanically allow a stealth even if there’s no place to hide for 4 motes at Essence 2, is that okay? Is it too expensive in the absence of the Essence dice/successes? or just right even without the bonus dice/successes to the stealth roll?

Another question is about Mental Invisibility Technique (Essence 2). What would happen if this charm was used in combat? Would it allow the exalt to enter stealth as in the charm description and break upon an attack as per normal stealth rules? If not, what might be the mote/willpower cost and Essence level to create a custom charm that does this?

Lastly, what would be the Essence level of an upgrade to Wolf Stalking Attitude which drains the target of initiative the Exalt gains? What about the Essence level of another upgrade which allows the exalt to keep the initiative even if the charm ends before the decisive attack (due to being spotted or willingly leaving stealth). What about the Essence level of another upgrade which works on stalking multiple targets or a battlegroup? For multiple targets perhaps divide the initiative gained by the number of targets and that amount is drained from each, what do you think? What about the Essence level of an upgrade which allows a withering attack to be made instead of a decisive attack?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sith_Happens View Post
                Are Sublime Danger’s daiklave wings just for show or can she go full Penny Poledina?

Sublime Danger is a master of Thousand Blades style, whose name tells you basically what you need to know about it.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by WalkingEye View Post
                  magpies invisible talon says " This Charm supplements a normal attempt to steal or pickpocket"does normal mean not being affected by other charms like Stealing From Plain Sight Spirit?
                  Nah. 10char

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Icarus1138 View Post
                    I can't imagine this hasn't been asked yet, so I apologize if I'm repeating. The Dawn anima power that enhances intimidation in various ways: is that a permanent effect, or something that must be activated in some way?
                    It's always on.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Sublime Danger is a master of Thousand Blades style, whose name tells you basically what you need to know about it.
                      How exciting.

I’ve been trying to develop an artifact template for the kind of weapon and fighting style used by Penny Polendina, the reworked Irelia the Blade Dancer from League of Legends, and BlazeBlue’s Murakumo Units.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• I just read Fivefold Masks and Lies, they seem like a lot of fun!

Is Fivefold Masks supposed to be quite powerful for a God-Blood? Having Essence 3 and a couple of charms.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• If a sorcerer used a Celestial Working to create a custom Elemental with an essence of 1-3, could they then use Summon Elemental to create additional copies of that Elemental?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                            I just read Fivefold Masks and Lies, they seem like a lot of fun!

Is Fivefold Masks supposed to be quite powerful for a God-Blood? Having Essence 3 and a couple of charms.
                            They're definitely one of the more innately powerful ones, and experienced on top of that.
                            Last edited by Robert Vance; 06-27-2018, 12:10 PM.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Kintani View Post
                              If a sorcerer used a Celestial Working to create a custom Elemental with an essence of 1-3, could they then use Summon Elemental to create additional copies of that Elemental?
                              Storyteller call.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

She's definitely one of the more innately powerful ones, and experienced on top of that.
                                she?
                                Hmm now I got confused

Comment

Working...
                                X